BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Entries with the best & worst music videos, visual impact of bjsc~
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Mattias
post Apr 9 2018, 12:34 PM
Post #1
the elusive Q.
Group: Members
Member No.: 7,132
   No Gallery Pics

I've noticed how I'm actually quite a "visual" listener of music in a sense, meaning there are times when I "grasp" a song easier when it is paired with a suitable video clip, or at least it often enhances the experience. At the end of the day it's all about the music in this but as long as I'm not doing other things on the laptop or w/e, I do try to pay at least some attention to the music videos of entries.

I'd like to nominate a good few of my own entries ohmy.gif But in terms of others' entries, ones that pop to mind are a couple of Terra Avium ones: How I Became The Bomb - Ulay, Oh and Strawhatz - Koto, for example. Also I remember being quite moved by Ashton's 'Leave This Town' video by Ella Sanoo for the simplicity and emotion of it. Oh and Sevdaliza always has great videos but I don't particularly associate her with BJSC anymore, instead she's more like one of my favourite artists right now heart.gif Also, Fallgrapp - Vlasy for Persephonia had a great visual if you're into that kind of thing.

There must be so many more (such as the iconic Kenzie May - Honey for Oslol) but I can't think so tell me some of yours.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jade
post Apr 9 2018, 12:38 PM
Post #2
Mrs Brayden Smith <333
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 12,810

Steven Wilson - 'Routine' is the first brilliant video to come to mind for me! That is the most captivated I have ever felt by a music video in the contest I think. The whole package is just so beautiful and moving. The part where the mother reads the newspaper headline gets me every time. </3 The music video for 'Ghost' by Delta Heavy with the Microsoft Word paperclip and assortment of memes was brilliant as well, I had it as a potential almost purely based on the video. laugh.gif Finally, I loved the concept for 'Money All Around' by HOLYCHILD's music video with the pop-up text about the band throughout.

I think my favourite music video that I've sent is 'Time' by ONUKA, the visuals are stunning! 'See Her Out (That's Just Life)' by Francis And The Lights is another good'un if only for the fact that it's a one-take video. So simple but effective! Then 'Sentient' by Perturbator feat. Hayley Stewart had a really cool animated video. I feel like quite a lot of my entries don't have music videos though oops.

I loved the entry 'Girl' by The Internet feat. KAYTRANADA (was an 18 for me!!) but the music video looks like a GCSE Media Studies experiment laugh.gif Also, I wasn't particularly keen on that Summericia music video with the girl eating Nutella laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Mattias
post Apr 9 2018, 12:57 PM
Post #3
the elusive Q.
Member No.: 7,132
   No Gallery Pics

^ oh yes, the Francis & the Lights video clip is really effective in its simplicity <3 I also really enjoy the Tearist - Headless clip!! Both fab entries in general...

I really like most of my videos I'd say (not all of my entries have videos but I prefer when they do... I'll give quick shout-outs to 'Alchemy', 'Ankara', 'Undercover Girls' and 'Blouson Noir'), however I still cringe slightly at the execution of the video for 'When You Wish Upon the Stars'. I don't know what it is! The song is fab tho.

+Quote Post
Cameron
post Apr 9 2018, 01:17 PM
Post #4
THE BLAZE *.*
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 18,061

The music video for the Kenzo ad that was sent by Pupok is probably my fav. That and Daddy Says No

+Quote Post
BridgeCow
post Apr 9 2018, 01:26 PM
Post #5
BuzzJack Gold Member
Member No.: 23,860
   No Gallery Pics

Omg that one with the girl eating Nutella for like 10 mins I hated that

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th July 2018 - 03:27 PM