BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Travelling or Traveling?, What's the difference?!!!
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
ˇʎpp∀
post Apr 11 2018, 02:45 PM
Post #1
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Group: Members
Member No.: 2,666

Are you taking a trip anytime soon? If so, where will you be traveling? Or is it travelling? How exactly do you spell this word?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ˇʎpp∀
post Apr 11 2018, 02:47 PM
Post #2
BuzzJack Platinum Member

I'm planning to visit Hawaii for the first time in month August. It will be my B'day gift to myself lol.

+Quote Post
The Snake 🐍
post Apr 11 2018, 03:07 PM
Post #3
Don't mess it up, talking that hiss
Member No.: 23,308
   No Gallery Pics

Two l's.

+Quote Post
Jade
post Apr 11 2018, 03:08 PM
Post #4
Mrs Brayden Smith <333
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 12,810

Travelling is the preferred British spelling while traveling is the preferred spelling in the United States. To answer your question, this is the first year since about 2002 where I have no holiday planned at all ohmy.gif although I am planning to travel to Liverpool for my 21st for a day out so that's still something!

+Quote Post
Midge
post Apr 11 2018, 03:12 PM
Post #5
I just think I'm neat
Member No.: 23,643
   No Gallery Pics

I've just been to Western Australia for a month (will update the thread with pictures etc over the coming weeks)

Other than that I have nothing planned. I'd like to do some short city breaks around Europe, 3 or 4 nights say.

My big destination list includes Iceland, Japan, Mexico and Italy so hopefully will plan proper holidays to those at some point.

+Quote Post
Q.
post Apr 11 2018, 03:41 PM
Post #6
always Qs in BJSC :)
Member No.: 7,132
   No Gallery Pics

I always spell it with two Ls as I do tend to write mostly according to the British spelling. I was gonna travel a lot this year with the person who broke up with me and now I'm not in the mood. Could go somewhere on my own like I did last year but I don't want to have to be doing everything on my own again. >(

+Quote Post
Bré
post Apr 11 2018, 04:08 PM
Post #7
Mr Jade Lauren Williams <333
Member No.: 8,300

I've always wanted to go travelling but my family didn't like going far from home (we did used to go on family holidays but only to other places in the UK, or occasionally Ireland, and one time we went on a day trip to Calais which is the most exotic place I have ever visited lol). Hopefully some day in the future ~

+Quote Post
Q.
post Apr 11 2018, 04:11 PM
Post #8
always Qs in BJSC :)
Member No.: 7,132
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Bré @ Apr 11 2018, 05:08 PM) *
or occasionally Ireland

Tell me more? lol

+Quote Post
Bré
post Apr 11 2018, 04:58 PM
Post #9

I can't say much because the last time I went to Ireland was when I was very young and I have no memories of it. Exciting I know. (Actually I remember one thing, that we took the ferry over there and I remember seeing some dolphins on the way magic.gif)

My mum grew up in Ireland and still has some friends over there who I think we just went to stay with when we visited.

+Quote Post
Suedehead2
post Apr 11 2018, 05:23 PM
Post #10
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Admin.
Member No.: 3,272
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Jade @ Apr 11 2018, 04:08 PM) *
Travelling is the preferred British spelling while traveling is the preferred spelling in the United States. To answer your question, this is the first year since about 2002 where I have no holiday planned at all ohmy.gif although I am planning to travel to Liverpool for my 21st for a day out so that's still something!

Not just preferred, but correct. One l is incorrect in British English.

+Quote Post
Chez Wombat
post Apr 11 2018, 05:40 PM
Post #11
The owls are not what they seem
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 9,232
   No Gallery Pics

I'm hoping to travel round the Scandinavian nations this summer, It's been a bucket list goal and now I'm earning I do just about have the funds. (although the packages I've found so far are a tad pricey :x)

+Quote Post
T Boy
post Apr 11 2018, 06:07 PM
Post #12
Radical Pink Troll
Member No.: 177
   No Gallery Pics

I have just volunteered to go on a residential school trip to Spain! This is extremely exciting for me as I have never been properly abroad before or even been on a plane!

The furthest I’ve been thus far is Ireland (3 times). We never went abroad when I was younger. Mainly because my parents couldn’t afford it but also because my mum has a fear of flying so we only went to places in the UK and Ireland. Since I’ve been old enough to go myself, I haven’t wanted to spend the money on that.

+Quote Post
Suedehead2
post Apr 11 2018, 06:12 PM
Post #13
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Admin.
Member No.: 3,272
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(T Boy @ Apr 11 2018, 07:07 PM) *
I have just volunteered to go on a residential school trip to Spain! This is extremely exciting for me as I have never been properly abroad before or even been on a plane!

The furthest I’ve been thus far is Ireland (3 times). We never went abroad when I was younger. Mainly because my parents couldn’t afford it but also because my mum has a fear of flying so we only went to places in the UK and Ireland. Since I’ve been old enough to go myself, I haven’t wanted to spend the money on that.

Sounds great! What age children are you having to put up with supervising?

+Quote Post
Bré
post Apr 11 2018, 06:30 PM
Post #14

I've only been on a plane once (well, twice, once there and once back) and that was just to go to Scotland, we could have just driven there but we went via plane just so I could experience it lmao. x

+Quote Post
Oliver
post Apr 11 2018, 06:34 PM
Post #15
Buzzjack's Finest Alcoholic.
Member No.: 15,367

Going to Tenerife in the summer, but over the last two years I've been to Germany, Iceland, Italy and Belgium with Camden so we're getting use out of these burgundy passports before the inevitable shift to blue. laugh.gif

+Quote Post
dandy*
post Apr 11 2018, 06:39 PM
Post #16
Mansonette
Member No.: 54
   No Gallery Pics

I'm off to Belgium next week as it seemed like an easy destination for a mini break - we're spending two nights in each of Brussels, Ghent and Bruges and I am really looking forward to the time off.

I have however been really rubbish at organising my Summer break and I can't find anywhere I want to go, or at least the places I want to go have no hotels that I like the look of. It's getting rather frustrating now, you'd think there would be somewhere in Italy that had a terrace, has a room that isn't too old fashioned, be not too close to a town, be not too far away from a town, have sea views, have no beach (or at least no people who would be there for the beach), great architecture, lots of cafés and sufficient restaurants for me to eat somewhere different every evening. It's just getting really annoying now.

+Quote Post
T Boy
post Apr 11 2018, 06:55 PM
Post #17
Radical Pink Troll
Member No.: 177
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Suedehead2 @ Apr 11 2018, 07:12 PM) *
Sounds great! What age children are you having to put up with supervising?

14/15 are the kids’ ages. It’s a bit naff having to put up with them but then my place is paid for so I essentially go for free so there’s no use complaining!

+Quote Post
Oliver
post Apr 11 2018, 07:11 PM
Post #18
Buzzjack's Finest Alcoholic.
Member No.: 15,367

QUOTE(dandy* @ Apr 11 2018, 07:39 PM) *
I'm off to Belgium next week as it seemed like an easy destination for a mini break - we're spending two nights in each of Brussels, Ghent and Bruges and I am really looking forward to the time off.

I have however been really rubbish at organising my Summer break and I can't find anywhere I want to go, or at least the places I want to go have no hotels that I like the look of. It's getting rather frustrating now, you'd think there would be somewhere in Italy that had a terrace, has a room that isn't too old fashioned, be not too close to a town, be not too far away from a town, have sea views, have no beach (or at least no people who would be there for the beach), great architecture, lots of cafés and sufficient restaurants for me to eat somewhere different every evening. It's just getting really annoying now.

Bruges was magical during the Christmas period. wub.gif

+Quote Post
dandy*
post Apr 11 2018, 07:45 PM
Post #19
Mansonette
Member No.: 54
   No Gallery Pics

I hope it will be, I've wanted to go for years but it may be a little less impressive outside of market season.

I've had a slight drama with the trip already as my airbnb host for Brussels cancelled on me today with a matter of days to go! drama.gif Luckily I've managed to find somewhere else that I hadn't spotted before and I think I prefer it as it's in the old part right next door to the Grand Place so seems perfect as a replacement. happy.gif

+Quote Post
ˇʎpp∀
post Apr 11 2018, 08:07 PM
Post #20
BuzzJack Platinum Member

Speaking of airbnb, I've never done one ohmy.gif

I just feel more safe booking hotels tbh.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2018 - 04:18 PM