BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Things you assumed as a child
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
PeteFromLeeds
post Apr 16 2018, 03:21 PM
Post #1
Oh I may not be the best, but I'm far from the worst
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 23,247
   No Gallery Pics

When I was younger I assumed that cigarettes were also called 'kills' because whenever I passed a dropped box of cigarettes it always said 'Smoking Kills' - kills that are used for smoking magic.gif

You?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Q.
post Apr 16 2018, 03:28 PM
Post #2
elusive
Group: Members
Member No.: 7,132
   No Gallery Pics

Pete, this is why you were my #1 lmao

Will try to come up with something later!

+Quote Post
mdh
post Apr 16 2018, 03:31 PM
Post #3
hot pink
Member No.: 22,776
   No Gallery Pics

Until I was about 6, I thought that every police car that went past me was going to arrest me :') I used to leg it and hide whenever I saw or heard one in the distance lmaooo

Also I assumed that anything with this symbol meant that you'd instantly die if you played with it under the age of 3 - I was a bit of a strange child heehee.gif

+Quote Post
Dexton
post Apr 16 2018, 03:33 PM
Post #4
Dexton?
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 25,045
   No Gallery Pics

I may or may not have suffered the same naivety of mdh x.x

I always assumed when I was younger that I’d hate alcohol because I’d seen how drunk people (parents etc) act... boy how wrong was I

This post has been edited by Dexton: Apr 16 2018, 03:34 PM

+Quote Post
Emily Haines
post Apr 16 2018, 03:37 PM
Post #5
Gunshot Glitter™
Member No.: 10,790
   No Gallery Pics

"What's she gonna look like with a chimney on her" was an actual woman with a house chimney on her head.

+Quote Post
Q.
post Apr 16 2018, 03:43 PM
Post #6
elusive
Member No.: 7,132
   No Gallery Pics

I remember I wrote down in my young boy journal (yes, I was the sensitive sort, still am xo) something about how when I'm going to be around 25 years old, things will be so much better! lmao. I guess I thought that life will have completely 'fixed' itself for me by then and that I will feel a lot better in myself (I must've just been in a bad mood when I wrote that, I mean I wasn't completely down in the dumps all of the time as a child). I'm now 27 (I don't believe it either, it's completely ridiculous and makes me want to lie about my age to people but I always forget lol) and I can say that yea, sometimes things are better, but life is pretty much the same struggle :')

There were probably soo many other things but I just can't recall them right now!

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Apr 16 2018, 04:07 PM
Post #7
Brown cow, stunning!
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 10,139

When I was about 5 or so I thought that the world was black and white and colour was "invented" because of old films being in black and white laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Dexton
post Apr 16 2018, 04:12 PM
Post #8
Dexton?
Member No.: 25,045
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Liаm @ Apr 17 2018, 12:07 AM) *
When I was about 5 or so I thought that the world was black and white and colour was "invented" because of old films being in black and white laugh.gif

:’)

+Quote Post
BridgeCow
post Apr 16 2018, 04:12 PM
Post #9
BuzzJack Gold Member
Member No.: 23,860
   No Gallery Pics

I always used to think everything that was happening on TV was live and really happening, and I remember thinking that +1 channels was just all the same characters acting out the exact same thing over again laugh.gif and that they just needed an hours break or something lmao

+Quote Post
troublepink
post Apr 16 2018, 04:39 PM
Post #10
Beautiful Trauma
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 590

I used to think I could see the White House from my house when I was a kid laugh.gif You can see for miles from the back of my parents house, and in that view was a white building on top of a hill, I kept hearing about this 'white house' on the news, and assumed that was it laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Bitch
post Apr 16 2018, 04:51 PM
Post #11
Y'alls worst nightmare
Member No.: 16,660

QUOTE(Liаm @ Apr 16 2018, 04:07 PM) *

Omg same. My parents explained this to me so many times and I was like: well how do you explain the black & white movies????

+Quote Post
Jade
post Apr 16 2018, 06:44 PM
Post #12
Mrs Brayden Smith <333
Member No.: 12,810

When I was about five I wrote in my diary something along the lines of "I hope Hamtaro is real. If you are then please sign here!" ...Hamtaro is a cartoon hamster loool, so not only did I think cartoons had the potential to be real but also that a cartoon hamster could potentially write blush.gif that's kinda cute though tbh

+Quote Post
BridgeCow
post Apr 16 2018, 06:45 PM
Post #13
BuzzJack Gold Member
Member No.: 23,860
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Jade @ Apr 16 2018, 07:44 PM) *
When I was about five I wrote in my diary something along the lines of "I hope Hamtaro is real. If you are then please sign here!" ...Hamtaro is a cartoon hamster loool, so not only did I think cartoons had the potential to be real but also that a cartoon hamster could potentially write blush.gif that's kinda cute though tbh

lmao I remember thinking this was Hamtaro for the longest time

+Quote Post
¡ʎpp∀
post Apr 16 2018, 06:53 PM
Post #14
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 2,666

I think I mentioned before but apparently when I was a kid my mom told me once (as a joke apparently) that she and Tina Turner were school classmates and when I started primary school I shared that with my class and my teacher, which she told me in front of everybody that is impossible laugh.gif...I was so disappointed when I found out that was a joke lmao.

+Quote Post
T Boy
post Apr 16 2018, 07:11 PM
Post #15
Radical Pink Troll
Member No.: 177
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Emily Haines @ Apr 16 2018, 04:37 PM) *
"What's she gonna look like with a chimney on her" was an actual woman with a house chimney on her head.

20 years since 1998 and STILL no one has written such an iconic lyric.

My dad didn’t eat toblerlone for years until he was married. He’d asked his older sister for some when he was a teenager and she’s told him he couldn’t because it was her medicine.

When I was about 4, I thought Australia was just down the road.

+Quote Post
Jüpiter
post Apr 16 2018, 08:42 PM
Post #16
you only love me on the internet
Member No.: 22,895
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(troublepink @ Apr 16 2018, 05:39 PM) *
I used to think I could see the White House from my house when I was a kid laugh.gif You can see for miles from the back of my parents house, and in that view was a white building on top of a hill, I kept hearing about this 'white house' on the news, and assumed that was it laugh.gif

This and the toblerone one are my favourites ohmy.gif

+Quote Post
Sarahwill
post May 28 2018, 07:52 AM
Post #17
New Entry
Member No.: 69,705
   No Gallery Pics

When I was a child, I used to think that if I ate seeds of watermelon, my belly would expand like a balloon. I used to love this fruit. Once I was being greedy and I was not cautious enough to remove all of seeds. I ate several of them and cried for hours.

This post has been edited by Sarahwill: Yesterday, 05:21 AM

+Quote Post
Brett-Butler
post May 28 2018, 08:09 AM
Post #18
Howdy, disco citizens.
Member No.: 10,455
   No Gallery Pics

When people get sacked from a job, they literally had to wear a sack until they got a new job.

+Quote Post
Dircadirca
post May 28 2018, 01:01 PM
Post #19
BuzzJack Gold Member
Member No.: 19,614
   No Gallery Pics

If you don't get across the road by the time the green 'walk' LED has stopped flashing, cars are legally allowed to run you over.

+Quote Post
PeteFromLeeds
post May 28 2018, 01:10 PM
Post #20
Oh I may not be the best, but I'm far from the worst
Member No.: 23,247
   No Gallery Pics

When I was watching my first World Cup I thought an 'offside' was the same as a red card and I was confused as to why so many players were still on the pitch when nearly all of them had been 'offside' laugh.gif

Also when I first heard the word 'grounded' I thought that parents were literally pulverising their children tongue.gif

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd June 2018 - 08:03 AM