BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Views and thoughts on rap songs/lyrics
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Views and thoughts on rap songs/lyrics
You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Total Votes: 12
Guests cannot vote 
Anton95
post Apr 17 2018, 06:06 PM
Post #1
New Entry
Group: Members
Member No.: 62,973
   No Gallery Pics

For me I find it harder to understand rap lyrics because it's nonsense and confusing to me - hence I'm not capable of rapping (though I'm capable enough for singing). Of course I can live with the rap songs and the rapping parts of a song.

There seems to be a growing amount of today's pop songs that featured 'rent-a-rappers'. If a pop song does have two versions - one with featured rappers and one without - I prefer a version of a song that's without featured rappers.

So, what are your thoughts and views on anything rap?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ronald McJackson
post Apr 17 2018, 06:29 PM
Post #2
BuzzJack Gold Member
Member No.: 9,543

I love rap, it is a massive part of popular culture now and it is everywhere. If a song has a version with a rapper then I usually listen to that more, unless the song has already been released (either as a single or album track) without then it depends on whether the rapper adds to the song or not. I like rapping along to songs when I listen to them and I have done Anacaonda and Wild (by Jessie J, Big Sean & Dizzee Rascal) on karaoke many times

+Quote Post
Dexton
post Apr 18 2018, 08:09 AM
Post #3
Dexton?
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 25,045
   No Gallery Pics

I usually prefer versions featuring rappers unless, like said above, the original version has already been out a while and the added feature doesn't add anything new. Big recent example being: Little Mix.

Touch feat. Kid Ink? No ty
Power feat. Stormzy? wub.gif

As for genuine 'rap' songs, often times they do have actual meaning or tell a story - but sometimes they are just rapping for the hell of it and having fun. I can rap every line in Eminem's Without Me but that doesn't mean it's got a deep meaning laugh.gif

+Quote Post
vidcapper
post Apr 18 2018, 08:50 AM
Post #4
Paul Hyett
Member No.: 364
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Dexton @ Apr 18 2018, 09:09 AM) *
As for genuine 'rap' songs, often times they do have actual meaning or tell a story - but sometimes they are just rapping for the hell of it and having fun. I can rap every line in Eminem's Without Me but that doesn't mean it's got a deep meaning laugh.gif

Instead of singing rap songs, it's easier just to use swear words on their own... heehee.gif

+Quote Post
Jacob~
post Apr 18 2018, 09:11 AM
Post #5
Jacob Alan~
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 21,664
   No Gallery Pics

Questions are a bit loaded (though I'm sure you didn't mean them to be, just guessing you had something more specific in mind), depends entirely on the rapper, the song, the genre. Some rap has amazing profound meaning and/ or is incredible just because of the fantastic rhythm/ where the stress is put on each word, some rap is just a load of "nonsense" with no thought put into it. Can't stand rappers who mumble for example.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th May 2018 - 03:38 AM