BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> I dunno what I wanna do with my life
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Tombo
post Apr 20 2018, 02:49 AM
Post #1
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Group: Members
Member No.: 9,543

I don't know what I wanna do in my life, anyone else feel the same way?

I dunno where I want to live or what I want to do. In a way it is exciting as I have a whole world of options but at the same time it is a bit of a wtf as I don't really have any clue what I wanna do.

Anybody else feel this or do you have a set idea of what you wanna do in your life? Or even at least for the next year or so?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Q.
post Apr 20 2018, 09:33 AM
Post #2
elusive
Member No.: 7,132
   No Gallery Pics

I'm with you bro. Sometimes I actually panic about it. I panic about the fact that I only have one life as this person, and I just don't really know what I'm doing at all.

+Quote Post
Dobbo
post Apr 21 2018, 01:54 PM
Post #3
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 20,053
   No Gallery Pics

I feel you man. I've never been one to set long-term goals or ambitions, always one to live in the moment.

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Apr 21 2018, 01:58 PM
Post #4
Brown cow, stunning!
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 10,139

Coming up to the end of uni and yes, I have no idea laugh.gif i haven't done a placement at uni or anything so without relevant experience I'm gonna find it hard to get a psychology job, I'm probably gonna have to part time work anywhere I can and volunteer or something to get experience, but I don't even know what I want to do to start even thinking about that. I liked being in the uni bubble and kind of pausing having to do anything with my life properly so it's... scary I guess to step out of it :/

+Quote Post
Midge
post Apr 21 2018, 04:51 PM
Post #5
I just think I'm neat
Member No.: 23,643
   No Gallery Pics

I had this problem; post university I moved to Reading and got a job without even applying for it thanks to my recruitment consultants... then stayed there, did some project work, did a secondment, then thought... what am I actually doing with my life? So I decided to leave, have an adventure (hence Australia) and do some courses so that I can get into a web dev career. Fingers crossed it pays off.

If you have the option to, perhaps take some time out and retrain in the area you want to work in (after working out what that is), or go travelling, or whatever - do something worthwhile, don't just stay still.

+Quote Post
Maz!
post Apr 21 2018, 05:39 PM
Post #6
BuzzJack Gold Member
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 20,217
   No Gallery Pics

Back in 2008 i didnt know what to do either and went in a boring office job which i still regret i did. I decided to go into education, something i wanted to do in the past but thought i couldn't do (another mistake).

+Quote Post
Atonement
post Apr 21 2018, 05:48 PM
Post #7
I just had to see your face to feel alive
Member No.: 10,676
   No Gallery Pics

I think literally every young adult feels or has felt this way at some point in their adult life, especially from ''our'' generation.

I don't think you should have a fixed idea of where you want to be of what you want to do, most people end up doing something completely different than they thought they would do anyway. I started studying psychology in 2010 and now I'm almost done with my masters in Pharmacy and Health Economics.

Traveling could help too although I don't have much experience with that, except for an exchange program I participated in in the Summer of 2017. I do think it's important to not stand still, as has been said. And don't continue to do something you absolutely despise and won't ever make you happy.

This post has been edited by Atonement: Apr 21 2018, 05:49 PM

+Quote Post
HausofTove
post Apr 21 2018, 06:11 PM
Post #8
Henrietta R Hippo
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 13,007

Can I ask your age Tombo?

But regardless this is COMPLETELY NORMAL. Everyone experiences at least one time in their life when they are totally uncertain about the future. My advice would be get yourself out there and volunteer! If you're post uni then volunteer in a range of job choices and one of them will just fit. If it's Uni you're confused about, just go for the subject you ENJOY the most, not the one that has the best "job certainty" at the end. If it's neither of those, again just volunteer and see the working world until something fits.

Travelling too is a good idea - if money isn't a concern for you tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Sarahwill
post May 31 2018, 04:34 AM
Post #9
New Entry
Member No.: 69,705
   No Gallery Pics

Hello.

I had the same feeling some time ago. It was when I had just completed my studies and before getting my first job. I did not know what to do and I felt frustrated all the time. Things got better after I started working. I felt determined to succeed at my job and was no longer anxious.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th June 2018 - 01:46 AM