BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Artists that you thought you'd be a big fan of..., ...but it didn't turn out to be the case
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Jade
post Apr 22 2018, 10:36 PM
Post #1
Mrs Brayden Smith <333
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 12,810

Are there any artists that you thought you would be a big fan of but later material from them just wasn't up to scratch? Or are there any artists that seem like your thing but you just couldn't get into them at all?

An example for me is Azealia Banks, I remember simultaneously charting '212' and Scissor Sisters' 'Shady Love' with her featured at #1 and #2 in my chart, thinking that she seemed really exciting. To date those are still the only songs that involve her that I'm a big fan of, oops. According to Buzzjack her new stuff is good so I might check it out, but I just never became a big fan of her music in general like I expected to.

Over to you!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Bré
post Apr 22 2018, 10:49 PM
Post #2
Mr Jade Lauren Williams <333
Member No.: 8,300

Based on her early features and 'Heaven' I really thought I'd end up loving Emeli Sandé. A little off the mark there. x

+Quote Post
Cqmerqn
post Apr 22 2018, 10:52 PM
Post #3
Fuego!
Group: Members
Member No.: 23,155
   No Gallery Pics

Nicki Minaj

+Quote Post
mdh
post Apr 22 2018, 10:59 PM
Post #4
oh, the less i know the better
Member No.: 22,776
   No Gallery Pics

Alan Walker had potential to become one of my all-time faves after the incredible 'Faded', unfortunately 'Sing Me To Sleep' was kind of mediocre and it all went downhill after that sad.gif

+Quote Post
Jade
post Apr 22 2018, 11:02 PM
Post #5
Mrs Brayden Smith <333
Member No.: 12,810

QUOTE(mdh @ Apr 22 2018, 11:59 PM) *
Alan Walker had potential to become one of my all-time faves after the incredible 'Faded', unfortunately 'Sing Me To Sleep' was kind of mediocre and it all went downhill after that sad.gif

I actually prefer 'Sing Me To Sleep' to 'Faded' ohmy.gif then again, I was really late to the 'Faded' hype train. I proclaimed that it was average for months but then it suddenly clicked while I was on holiday, oops kink.gif

+Quote Post
Ronald McJackson
post Apr 22 2018, 11:14 PM
Post #6
BuzzJack Gold Member
Member No.: 9,543

Kitty Brucknell, I loved her on the X Factor and I became a Kitty Diva and used to be involved with other Kitty Divas on Twitter but over time I started to go off and once she tweeted that she was making a song about poo and wee and that ws the final straw for me. Also, her album wasn't really that good.

+Quote Post
UltraReputation
post Apr 22 2018, 11:16 PM
Post #7
I'm a mess but I'm the mess that you wanted.
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 20,947

The only one I can think of off the top of my head is Grace. I adored you don't own me and was so ready to stan her but her album was one of the worst things I've ever heard in my life.

And even though I still like her, I'd say Tove Lo as well. I loved queen of the clouds but everything else since then has been at least underwhelming

+Quote Post
Cody💧Slayberry
post Apr 22 2018, 11:20 PM
Post #8
check your thighs in the mirror... and i'm done
Member No.: 21,308
   No Gallery Pics

I did think of 5SOS bc of their second album but Want You Back has eclipsed that so far so we'll see. If it's bootleg 2014 Good Charlotte then maybe I'll get back into them.

At the moment the artist who fits this bill the most would be Lana Del Rey

+Quote Post
BillyH
post Apr 22 2018, 11:58 PM
Post #9
BuzzJack Enthusiast
Member No.: 6,614
   No Gallery Pics

Earliest one that comes to mind is Junior Senior. They had that one iconic hit, then 'Rhythm Bandits' was ok but nothing special (despite Cat Deeley's best attempts at bigging it up on CD:UK) then they faded really quickly.

Sam Sparro I saw live at Wireless 2008 and nothing other than Black & Gold stood out. That was probably the moment I realised his chart career wasn't going to last.

Ed Sheeran briefly intrigued me around the time You Need Me I Don't Need You came out (The A Team bored me in comparison) but today I'd happily never hear any of his songs again.

+Quote Post
¡ʎpp∀
post Apr 23 2018, 12:00 AM
Post #10
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 2,666

Omg yes Lana Del Rey definitely.

I staned Born To Die era to death and then everything else went downhill for me.

+Quote Post
Cody💧Slayberry
post Apr 23 2018, 12:18 AM
Post #11
check your thighs in the mirror... and i'm done
Member No.: 21,308
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(¡ʎpp∀ @ Apr 22 2018, 05:00 PM) *

I staned Born To Die era to death and then everything else went downhill for me.
I really liked BTD and Paradise but then loved Ultraviolence. Honeymoon just felt like a step down and I never fully got into L4L

+Quote Post
Jonjo
post Apr 23 2018, 12:20 AM
Post #12
(-_•)
Member No.: 5,042

QUOTE(TomboOnBroadway @ Apr 23 2018, 12:14 AM) *
Kitty Brucknell, I loved her on the X Factor and I became a Kitty Diva and used to be involved with other Kitty Divas on Twitter but over time I started to go off and once she tweeted that she was making a song about poo and wee and that ws the final straw for me. Also, her album wasn't really that good.
!!!!

I ACTUALLY CAN'T 😂😂😂😂😂

---
Hmm... I dunno! Alexandra Burke probs for me. Loved her first era, but her 2nd era and especially her latest era are so bad and it annoys me coz I want to stan her!

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Apr 23 2018, 12:22 AM
Post #13
Brown cow, stunning!
Member No.: 10,139

Kitty Brucknell queen of 88 votes in the Moldova Eurovision selection *_*

QUOTE(¡ʎpp∀ @ Apr 23 2018, 01:00 AM) *

Yes!!!

There's barely a bad song on the whole of Born To Die and the Paradise EP but there's like... 2 or 3 good songs in her whole career after. I don't know why because it's not *that* different from BTD but everything about her bores me to tears since.

+Quote Post
Riser
post Apr 23 2018, 12:33 AM
Post #14
My roof look like a no show
Member No.: 19,534

I'd say Sam Sparro as well, was so impressed with 'Black & Gold' and then I couldn't find another song of his worth listening to. Also Gabriella Cilmi from the same year, I absolutely adore 'Sweet About Me' and a couple other songs but half of her album was a chore to get through so I never bothered with her follow-up.

+Quote Post
Dexton
post Apr 23 2018, 12:40 AM
Post #15
Dexton?
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 25,045
   No Gallery Pics

Walk The Moon had so much promise with me loving Shut Up And Dance but nothing else from them really did much for me. Same for Capital Cities with Safe and Sound tbh

On the flip side, I really loved X Ambassadors’ Renegades but I wasn’t expecting them or their album to be my sort of thing, I thought I’d only like their biggest single. But then I gave the rest of their stuff a listen and really liked it! laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Apr 23 2018, 12:42 AM
Post #16
Brown cow, stunning!
Member No.: 10,139

QUOTE(Riser @ Apr 23 2018, 01:33 AM) *
I'd say Sam Sparro as well, was so impressed with 'Black & Gold' and then I couldn't find another song of his worth listening to. Also Gabriella Cilmi from the same year, I absolutely adore 'Sweet About Me' and a couple other songs but half of her album was a chore to get through so I never bothered with her follow-up.

Omg her 2nd album is like 100x better!!

+Quote Post
Jonjo
post Apr 23 2018, 12:44 AM
Post #17
(-_•)
Member No.: 5,042

QUOTE(Riser @ Apr 23 2018, 01:33 AM) *

QUOTE(Liаm @ Apr 23 2018, 01:42 AM) *
THIS!!

'Ten' is incredible. Different to her first album! I really need to listen to it again tbh as it's been a while!

+Quote Post
awardinary
post Apr 23 2018, 12:49 AM
Post #18
The Navigator
Member No.: 21,587
   No Gallery Pics

PSY.

+Quote Post
Jüpiter
post Apr 23 2018, 01:03 AM
Post #19
you only love me on the internet
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 22,895
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Bré @ Apr 22 2018, 11:49 PM) *
Based on her early features and 'Heaven' I really thought I'd end up loving Emeli Sandé. A little off the mark there. x

This was the first one of mine that came to mind too. Shame tbh

Others for me would be Jessie J based on Do it Like a Dude before she decided to completely change direction, Nicole Scherzinger whose whole music career I've been indifferent to, Cardi B, Sam Smith around the time of his early collabs, Jess Glynne off the back of Don't Be So Hard on Yourself, Zara Larsson, and to go really far back, Lil Kim. I'm sure there's plenty others as well!

+Quote Post
Riser
post Apr 23 2018, 01:48 AM
Post #20
My roof look like a no show
Member No.: 19,534

QUOTE(Liаm @ Apr 22 2018, 08:42 PM) *
QUOTE(Jonjo @ Apr 22 2018, 08:44 PM) *
THIS!!

'Ten' is incredible. Different to her first album! I really need to listen to it again tbh as it's been a while!
IS IT!? Guess I'll finally have to give it a listen, eight years after release lmao

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th May 2018 - 01:06 AM