BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Kids
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Andrew.
post Apr 23 2018, 10:11 PM
Post #1
So, you must like me for me 🙃
Group: Members
Member No.: 21,161

Well obviously I'm unlikely to ever naturally have children with a mother but I've been thinking about adopting children when I'm a lot older. I didn't have the best childhood and it'd be great to give someone what I never had and I love looking after kids whenever I have to!

Do you want kids? Do you have kids? ohmy.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Dobbo
post Apr 23 2018, 10:13 PM
Post #2
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 20,053
   No Gallery Pics

Absolutely no way.

(Ask me again in 5 years).

+Quote Post
5 Silas Frøkner
post Apr 23 2018, 10:15 PM
Post #3
Surfing in paradise
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 3,474

Nein danke.

My patience is substantially less than zero on a good day, nae way I could cope with a child.

+Quote Post
Jade
post Apr 23 2018, 10:20 PM
Post #4
Mrs Brayden Smith <333
Member No.: 12,810

I am not particularly enthusiastic about the thought of having children at all. It makes me die inside whenever they scream or cry, the idea of giving birth absolutely terrifies me and it's a BIG responsibility. I feel like my relationship is fulfilling enough for me on its own and I don't need kids to be happy. Ask me again in like 10 years when I am hopefully more emotionally and financially stable but definitely not for the foreseeable future!

+Quote Post
Mack.
post Apr 23 2018, 10:21 PM
Post #5
BuzzJack Legend
Member No.: 12,915
   No Gallery Pics

No thanks. Not at the moment.

+Quote Post
Lindsey 🙃
post Apr 23 2018, 10:23 PM
Post #6
low-key, no pressure, just hang with me and my weather
Member No.: 21,176
   No Gallery Pics

Like I said in the by you're 30 thread, I do want kids but I don't want to physically have them myself, purely just because pregnancy and child birth and all the things surrounding it are HORRENDOUS and something I would rather not put myself through. I've had this conversation a lot with people, and most of them don't understand how I can feel that way or the think its "selfish" but like it's my body and I'm only gonna become pregnant if it's something I want.

I think adoption is my preferred option right now because there's so many kids without parents that deserve someone who wants them etc. I hate how adoption is regarded as a "last resort" like if I was with a man and we had an adopted child, people would presume we had fertility issues or something like that. I really think adoption should be normalised as a choice for any type of couple looking to have a family. Of course if I was with a girl and she wanted to be pregnant then I'd have no objections to that. I also would be happy enough if my partner had kids from a previous relationship etc as well so not wanting to be pregnant really doesnt equal not wanting to be a mum.

But yea not any time soon thanks

+Quote Post
Jüpiter
post Apr 23 2018, 10:32 PM
Post #7
you only love me on the internet
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 22,895
   No Gallery Pics

Yeah, probably, but I'm aware I would be the kind of parent the other parents would turn their nose up at and probably tut about at the school gate.

Almost something to look forward to though. Not sure how I'd raise them in every way. Try and not make some of the mistakes my parents made, but probably would make my own in doing so.

Of course there's a slight worry that I would end up with very dull children considering kids tend to rebel against their parents ohmy.gif

+Quote Post
Bré
post Apr 23 2018, 10:42 PM
Post #8
Mr Jade Lauren Williams <333
Member No.: 8,300

Honestly I really can't stand being around babies / young children so for the time being this is a hard pass for me. :x

(I mean I'm sure it would be different if it was my own so never say never x)

+Quote Post
Cody💧Slayberry
post Apr 23 2018, 10:44 PM
Post #9
check your thighs in the mirror... and i'm done
Member No.: 21,308
   No Gallery Pics

Oh who knows at this point

But this does remind me: wasn't April like the resident mom of the site before?

+Quote Post
Ronald McJackson
post Apr 24 2018, 04:38 AM
Post #10
BuzzJack Gold Member
Member No.: 9,543

Yeah, I definitely want to have kids and I want my own kids genetically

+Quote Post
Dexton
post Apr 24 2018, 05:47 AM
Post #11
Dexton?
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 25,045
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(TomboOnBroadway @ Apr 24 2018, 12:38 PM) *
Yeah, I definitely want to have kids and I want my own kids genetically

I'd love to genetically create my own kids ~ Tombo

I think I'll want kids in 10-ish years time but having them at my age is a big no tbh. Having kids at around 17-23 is a bit of an unplanned tradition in my family (mum, sister, cousins, aunties) which I'd rather not commit to yet. I don't have anything against young parents, there's a stigma that the younger you are the less likely you are of being a 'good' parent but that's not the case at all - in fact in my experience I could even argue the opposite. It's just I'm not emotionally/psychologically/economically/anythingically ready to support anyone other than myself right now tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Brett-Butler
post Apr 24 2018, 07:45 AM
Post #12
Howdy, disco citizens.
Member No.: 10,455
   No Gallery Pics

I would love kids, yes. I'd be a ruddy fantastic dad.

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Apr 24 2018, 10:20 AM
Post #13
Brown cow, stunning!
Member No.: 10,139

no.

+Quote Post
J▲hq
post Apr 24 2018, 10:54 AM
Post #14
i ain't scared no more
Member No.: 8,674

Tbh I think it could really come down to a future partner and how they feel, and maybe give it at least a few years. I have four nieces and at the moment I'm perfectly content with them, but I don't want to give a firm yes or no either way right now because things change.

+Quote Post
troublepink
post Apr 24 2018, 02:25 PM
Post #15
Beautiful Trauma
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 590

No I don't want kids. And I hate that because I am in a long relationship and now in my 30's, I am expected to have children. I hate the pressure that some people put on women to have kids, not everybody wants them!

I also hate double standards for people with or without kids. For example, at work - summer holidays... I don't actually want to have any time off during the summer holidays (more expensive holidays, kids everywhere etc)... but people who have kids have priority to have holidays in that time period. Its the same with Christmas, I was actually told one year that I was working Christmas eve, and would have NYE off because I didn't have kids! So just because I don't have kids I have to work Christmas? Without even being asked? What if I have kids in the family that I want to spend time with? WHAT IF I couldn't have kids for whatever reason, medical or otherwise, and every year at Christmas I am reminded of that fact because I have to work BECAUSE I DONT HAVE KIDS.

It really winds me the fu*k up laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Iz
post Apr 24 2018, 02:49 PM
Post #16
benevolent overlord
Group: Admin.
Member No.: 12,929

I don't want kids now. I don't want kids for probably another 10 years. Maybe never if I get too comfortable with the single lifestyle.

I mean, maybe eventually I'd be happy with one. Just one. Would depend a lot on who I'm with and how well off I am financially, I'm not going into that one unprepared.

+Quote Post
PeteFromLeeds
post Apr 24 2018, 02:57 PM
Post #17
Oh I may not be the best, but I'm far from the worst
Member No.: 23,247
   No Gallery Pics

I actually really do want kids! I guess part of it is to do with the 'continuing the family' thing, I want people who will be around when I'm gone. And I think I'd probably care less about how I come across to young children if I had one of my own as well wink.gif

+Quote Post
Chez Wombat
post Apr 24 2018, 03:09 PM
Post #18
The owls are not what they seem
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 9,232
   No Gallery Pics

I certainly don't want kids until I'm with someone, settled down and in a good place financially and feel ready to take this on. Not sure when that'll be but I would say yes ultimately, it's certainly got it's challenges to put that lightly, but I would really like to be able to form a family of my own and pass on my own experiences, and I don't have a huge extended family that I see much and no nieces or nephews atm so I think it would be good to expand upon.

I act like it's unfathomable for people my age, but so many I went to school with are now parents. Idk how they do it!

+Quote Post
Q.
post Apr 24 2018, 04:34 PM
Post #19
elusive
Member No.: 7,132
   No Gallery Pics

I can't see myself ever having kids. Honestly I don't care about passing things on in terms of 'continuing the family' etc. I don't think we're the strongest family psychologically speaking and it's almost like I wouldn't trust myself to be the kind of Dad I would be proud of being. If I did have kids, certainly I'd try to not make some of the mistakes my parents made, while no doubt making some of my own, like Jüpiter said tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Jacob~
post Apr 24 2018, 05:18 PM
Post #20
Jacob Alan~
Member No.: 21,664
   No Gallery Pics

Yeah I definitely want kids but it'd have to be with the right person, as soon as that happens (assuming it does </3 xx), give it a few years in the relationship (+ marriage ?) which would be necessary anyway and I'd be fine with it. I don't care about "not feeling ready" or "being too young" because I'm not sure there's any way you could prepare yourself properly until it happens but ideally I'd want to be in a better financial situation (obviously) but all things considered I should be before too long, especially once I've finished my degree.

On the one hand there are things I want to achieve career wise that the responsibility of a family might make more difficult but on the other, I don't want to be too old before I have kids, like if I waited until my mid 40s for example I'd be 60 before they were even an adult. You can't really plan your life out in too much detail of course but I think I want them before/ at mid 30s. Would probably want 2, maybe 3- definitely not any more.

But yeah the biggest hurdle for me is finding the right person and getting into a relationship in the first place so one step at a time. laugh.gif

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th May 2018 - 08:08 AM