BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Foods you want to like but just can't
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Mack.
post Apr 24 2018, 08:45 AM
Post #1
The sports fanatic
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 12,915
   No Gallery Pics

Is there any food that you really want to like but just can't for a particular reason.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
JŁpiter
post Apr 24 2018, 10:27 AM
Post #2
you only love me on the internet
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 22,895
   No Gallery Pics

Tofu I guess. I'm still trying but I've never enjoyed it. I'll need to try it in Japanese food at Wagamama or something.

+Quote Post
Dobbo
post Apr 24 2018, 10:39 AM
Post #3
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Group: Members
Member No.: 20,053
   No Gallery Pics

I would like to be able to eat spicy foods but my body simply won't allow it. I can't even eat food with the slightest hint of spice without sweating profusely, despite otherwise really enjoying the taste.

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Apr 24 2018, 10:48 AM
Post #4
Brown cow, stunning!
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 10,139

Eggs, absolutely disgusting in any form (other than like obv being put in stuff like cakes but that's not egg it's just necessary to make whatever) puke.gif I'd love to like them as they're so versatile and easy but nope.

+Quote Post
Lindsey 🙃
post Apr 24 2018, 01:21 PM
Post #5
low-key, no pressure, just hang with me and my weather
Member No.: 21,176
   No Gallery Pics

Olives, we have some on the deli at work that look amazing, like garlic and chilli stuffed ones but I just can't stand them laugh.gif

I will ban any of you that make this into an innuendo but I don't like nuts sad.gif Hazelnuts are the exception but they need to be in chocolate or something. Peanut butter is my WORST food ever, the smell of it alone is enough to literally make me gag

Not a food but I'm genuinely gutted I dont like coffee, I've tried to get myself to like it but I just don't no.gif

+Quote Post
Chez Wombat
post Apr 24 2018, 01:31 PM
Post #6
The owls are not what they seem
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 9,232
   No Gallery Pics

Certain fruits and vegetables that I know are good for me. Oranges, Pineapples and Melons are the main ones that come to mind, just really hate the texture (odd as I do love the juice of the former).

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Apr 24 2018, 01:49 PM
Post #7
Brown cow, stunning!
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 10,139

QUOTE(Lindsey 🙃 @ Apr 24 2018, 02:21 PM) *
I will ban any of you that make this into an innuendo but I don't like nuts sad.gif Hazelnuts are the exception but they need to be in chocolate or something. Peanut butter is my WORST food ever, the smell of it alone is enough to literally make me gag

Omg same actually didn't think of this laugh.gif I don't even like chocolate with nuts in, I love Nutella though so idk if it's the texture of a massive piece of a nut in chocolate I just don't like, just no.

+Quote Post
BridgeCow
post Apr 24 2018, 01:56 PM
Post #8
BuzzJack Gold Member
Member No.: 23,860
   No Gallery Pics

Just like all vegetables tbh, Iím so insanely picky when it comes to veg and itíd just make my life soooo much easier if I could just eat them, like not being able to have certain meals at restaurants or having to ask them to remove certain vegetables is such an inconvenience. Itís weird cus Iíll eat almost any fruit though

+Quote Post
Mattias
post Apr 24 2018, 04:37 PM
Post #9
the elusive Q.
Member No.: 7,132
   No Gallery Pics

+1 to olives

+Quote Post
Esmerelda
post Apr 24 2018, 04:56 PM
Post #10
BuzzJack Regular
Member No.: 294
   No Gallery Pics

My tastebuds have an intense hatred for coriander- the slightest hint of it makes me want to gag and I can taste it in my mouth for days afterwards- which rather rules out quite a few dishes at restaurants. Can't seem to eat any seafood either other than Tuna and Salmon. cry.gif

Not really food, but wish I could drink alcohol without the taste making me want to throw up- Amaretto and coke and a few cocktails are about all I can manage. laugh.gif

This post has been edited by Esmerelda: Apr 24 2018, 04:59 PM

+Quote Post
Jacob~
post Apr 24 2018, 05:00 PM
Post #11
Jacob Alan~
Member No.: 21,664
   No Gallery Pics

I will ban any of you that make this into an innuendo but I don't like nuts sad.gif
But it makes so much sense. (You said it, not me- it's just too easy kink.gif )

Completely agree on olives, and although I can kind of tolerate most nuts I don't usually enjoy them that much, they're just ok. I also hate peanut butter though, can't stand the stuff. Never liked Nutella either.

QUOTE(BridgeCow @ Apr 24 2018, 02:56 PM) *
Just like all vegetables tbh, Iím so insanely picky when it comes to veg and itíd just make my life soooo much easier if I could just eat them, like not being able to have certain meals at restaurants or having to ask them to remove certain vegetables is such an inconvenience. Itís weird cus Iíll eat almost any fruit though
Yeah, I'm kind of the same, I just force myself to eat them even though I hate them, carrots, broccoli and the like are horrible but I'm not a child any more so I feel like I have to, I'd rather just have them than seem picky (plus they're good for me apparently x). Not a fan of peas/ beans/ sweetcorn but I find them easier to tolerate.

+Quote Post
BridgeCow
post Apr 24 2018, 05:11 PM
Post #12
BuzzJack Gold Member
Member No.: 23,860
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Esmerelda @ Apr 24 2018, 05:56 PM) *
My tastebuds have an intense hatred for coriander- the slightest hint of it makes me want to gag and I can taste it in my mouth for days afterwards- which rather rules out quite a few dishes at restaurants

Oh yes Iím the exact same, I canít eat like 90% Of Indian food Cus of the coriander, I genuinely do not understand how people eat it, it tastes like Iím pouring soap into my mouth I donít get it. Itís soooo overpowering and makes me feel sick sometimes. I remember once I tried this Pho at a restaurant and I couldnít even eat more than 2 mouthfuls Cus it was so strong, and Iím the type of person who tends to just eat a meal whether I like it or not Cus I feel bad, but I really just could not stomach it at all. Iíve heard itís supposed to be a gene thing but like everyone else in my family can eat it just fine laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Jade
post Apr 24 2018, 05:34 PM
Post #13
Mrs Brayden Smith <333
Member No.: 12,810

Honestly my list would be way too long so it is hard to know where to start. I guess... lots of different vegetables that I don't eat so that my diet was more healthy. I'm so fussy that I often have completely different meals to the rest of my family and get anxious at the thought of eating dinner at another person's house sad.gif

+Quote Post
T Boy
post Apr 24 2018, 05:40 PM
Post #14
Radical Pink Troll
Member No.: 177
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Liаm @ Apr 24 2018, 11:48 AM) *
Eggs, absolutely disgusting in any form (other than like obv being put in stuff like cakes but that's not egg it's just necessary to make whatever) puke.gif I'd love to like them as they're so versatile and easy but nope.

Omg this one is me

+Quote Post
lotita.
post Apr 24 2018, 09:31 PM
Post #15
feminist icon
Member No.: 21,777

Olives, we have some on the deli at work that look amazing, like garlic and chilli stuffed ones but I just can't stand them laugh.gif

Not a food but I'm genuinely gutted I dont like coffee, I've tried to get myself to like it but I just don't no.gif

i've very recently forced myself to like them and now i'm obsessed, i'm spending like £5-10 on olives a week save me

+Quote Post
Andrew.
post Apr 24 2018, 09:33 PM
Post #16
ducking quueb
Member No.: 21,161

QUOTE(lotita. @ Apr 24 2018, 10:31 PM) *
i've very recently forced myself to like them and now i'm obsessed, i'm spending like £5-10 on olives a week save me

Omg I live for olives *.* I can literally eat a whole massive m&s pot in like 2 minutes :')

+Quote Post
lotita.
post Apr 24 2018, 09:35 PM
Post #17
feminist icon
Member No.: 21,777

i'm LIVING for the tapas mix olives

+Quote Post
Andrew.
post Apr 24 2018, 09:36 PM
Post #18
ducking quueb
Member No.: 21,161

QUOTE(lotita. @ Apr 24 2018, 10:35 PM) *
i'm LIVING for the tapas mix olives

I love putting little slices of tomatoes and cucumber through the hole

+Quote Post
Lindsey 🙃
post Apr 24 2018, 10:01 PM
Post #19
low-key, no pressure, just hang with me and my weather
Member No.: 21,176
   No Gallery Pics

I wish I never mentioned olives now

+Quote Post
Cqmerqn
post Apr 24 2018, 10:13 PM
Post #20
Fuego!
Member No.: 23,155
   No Gallery Pics

Olives with bits of chilli in omg

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th July 2018 - 05:31 PM