BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Have you ever won a competition?, Prizes, prizes, prizes 🎁🎊🎉🎈
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
awardinary
post Apr 24 2018, 02:41 PM
Post #1
The Navigator
Group: Members
Member No.: 21,587
   No Gallery Pics

A straightforward question to ask, have you ever won a notable competition, perhaps a local one in your community or a national competition from TV or radio?

If so, what did you win, and how did it make you feel to win?

Also, as we are on the subject, are you someone who enters a lot of competitions in the hope to get lucky someday?

Discuss.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Midge
post Apr 24 2018, 02:42 PM
Post #2
I just think I'm neat
Member No.: 23,643
   No Gallery Pics

I won the yes/no game at a panto in the 90s when I was diddy.

+Quote Post
Q.
post Apr 24 2018, 02:56 PM
Post #3
elusive
Member No.: 7,132
   No Gallery Pics

It's odd but I can't think of anything except a general knowledge quiz at school. Pretty sure I was also on a winning tug-of-war team once.

And I also came like 2nd or 3rd in a photo competition once, I won an enlarged photo of mine framed.

Oh yea and BJSC + Unknown Pleasures lmao.

+Quote Post
PeteFromLeeds
post Apr 24 2018, 03:01 PM
Post #4
Oh I may not be the best, but I'm far from the worst
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 23,247
   No Gallery Pics

When I was about 8 I took part in a competition where I had to find letters on Christmas trees in all the local shops to make a sentence and then my name was put into a draw. I won and got a hamper full of fruit and some money, which I promptly spent on Lazytown memorabilia :')

I also won an art competition around the same time where I got to have lunch at the Town hall and got an art pack which I used exactly once tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Mack.
post Apr 24 2018, 03:04 PM
Post #5
BuzzJack Legend
Member No.: 12,915
   No Gallery Pics

Won a free year's snooker membership in a local newspaper in a snooker prize draw when I was 13.

+Quote Post
Jade
post Apr 24 2018, 05:50 PM
Post #6
Mrs Brayden Smith <333
Member No.: 12,810

I haven't won anything particularly groundbreaking but I have won lots of little random bits laugh.gif I actually have a folder with all of my certificates in it since I was a child but that's at home and I'm at my grandma's right now, so I'll try and remember stuff off the top of my head:

- One that might interest BuzzJack to start with - I won two Official Chart notebooks and pens through a competition on the OCC's Twitter! These were really cool tbh
- I won a trio of 1st places for my final ever sports day in year 6 *.* I won female sprinting and skipping, then all of the years were mixed up into groups (you were kept with any siblings though) and were given country names and each country got points for each medal position. My country (Jamaica!) came out on top which felt so great at the time laugh.gif
- A trip to ITN studios through University due to performing well in weekly news quizzes
- I was part of the school choir and we won some random away competition, slay
- I was given a certificate just for winning a super srs competition at a Haven holiday - aka a game of musical chairs kink.gif
- The winner of two design competitions, one was a leaflet on dental hygiene (I won a year's supply of toothpaste I think, absolute prize goals) and a poster about safety hazards at work (got Love2Shop vouchers for that *.*)
- I have won loads of magazine competitions! Namely: My Little Pony magazine (Iz shook x I won a playset from that when I was really young laugh.gif), Sugar magazine (it was some kind of holiday but I couldn't even go in the end, mess), The Bubble magazine (the official magazine for those Bubblegum cartoon characters that are on greetings cards, yes I was actually in the fan club mellow.gif - won some Bubblegum Club wrapping paper, goals laugh.gif), Your Cat magazine (won some cat toys for Sparky appearing in the magazine *.*) and Shout magazine (I sent in an embarrassing moment to that feature they have and won two free copies of the next issue)
- The most important one - Buzzjack kink.gif Teams, 3 BJSC spinoffs, Nuggets, awards and pop. contests

My dad has the best luck ever with competitions though! It feels like he wins things every other week on Twitter laugh.gif

I have lots of gymnastics and swimming badges, some karate achievements and awards for the musical instruments I played but I guess those weren't really competitions.

+Quote Post
LeeWallace
post Apr 24 2018, 06:02 PM
Post #7
🙄
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 10,643

I recently won a competition for two free Hideout tickets in Croatia which I can't wait for biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Jade
post Apr 24 2018, 06:04 PM
Post #8
Mrs Brayden Smith <333

Omg I forgot the most important one!!! I won a copy of 'Britney Jean' from Rich aka gooddelta's music blog before I was properly active on here laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Apr 24 2018, 06:05 PM
Post #9
Brown cow, stunning!
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 10,139

Various pub quizzes I guess laugh.gif That's all I can think of oops. I'm sure there are little things in primary school but icr right now. And BJSC, main contest once and spin-off 3 times. Nothing out of like a magazine or anything laugh.gif

+Quote Post
ǝʎʞ
post Apr 24 2018, 06:06 PM
Post #10
• Aesthetic Party •
Member No.: 2,169

jade i am living for the fact you mentioned winning teams etc laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Jade
post Apr 24 2018, 06:08 PM
Post #11
Mrs Brayden Smith <333

Oh Cameron from BuzzJack also sent me CDs (Halsey, Foxes, Gabrielle Aplin) for coming 3rd in the first edition of Pop forum song contest on here wub.gif that was so nice

QUOTE(ǝʎʞ @ Apr 24 2018, 07:06 PM) *
jade i am living for the fact you mentioned winning teams etc laugh.gif

rotf.gif truly one for the CV x

+Quote Post
Ronald McJackson
post Apr 24 2018, 06:09 PM
Post #12
BuzzJack Gold Member
Member No.: 9,543

I used to enter lots of competitions when I was a teenager. I won a year's supply of chewing gum, a free taxi to and from a Christmas party and a random CD.

+Quote Post
Jonjo
post Apr 24 2018, 06:10 PM
Post #13
(-_•)
Member No.: 5,042

Won a couple of pub quizzes which is cool.

Also won:

- CD:UK Competition (some like Indie Rock album - Lord knows why I entered that in the first place ��)
- Girls Aloud Concert Tickets in 2006
- Signed Tinashe 'Aquarius' CD
- A Spider-man Homecoming Hoodie
- Won a few raffle things

Also, Lee won tickets to The Saturdays at Nottingham, which he couldn't make it to so he arranged for me to have them which is so kind of him wub.gif

+Quote Post
LeeWallace
post Apr 24 2018, 06:12 PM
Post #14
🙄
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 10,643

QUOTE(Jonjo @ Apr 24 2018, 07:10 PM) *
Won a couple of pub quizzes which is cool.

Also won:

- CD:UK Competition (some like Indie Rock album - Lord knows why I entered that in the first place ��)
- Girls Aloud Concert Tickets in 2006
- Signed Tinashe 'Aquarius' CD
- A Spider-man Homecoming Hoodie
- Won a few raffle things

Also, Lee won tickets to The Saturdays at Nottingham, which he couldn't make it to so he arranged for me to have them which is so kind of him wub.gif

It was four tickets, wasn't it?

Back in the days we were friends x

+Quote Post
King Rollo
post Apr 24 2018, 06:14 PM
Post #15
BuzzJack Enthusiast
Member No.: 23,961
   No Gallery Pics

I won the Manager Of The Week prize in the Daily Telegraph Fantasy Football League one week in 2000 as my team scored more points than anyone else's for that week. As there were more than 100,000 teams,this was a big achievement. I won £500 and a pair of hospitality tickets to a Premier League match of my choice which included lunch in the restaurant. There was a paragraph in the Daily Telegraph page for the competition about me which I still proudly have a copy of. (This was before the whole thing went online and didn't get any coverage in the newspaper).

+Quote Post
JosephAvery
post Apr 24 2018, 06:14 PM
Post #16
it don't mean shit if you ain't happy though
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 13,530

I've won the odd few!

- I won a Twitter competition to win the booklet from 1D's London Session in 2015, so I have a copy of that now!
- A ticket to see Tori Kelly a couple of years ago in London
- Buzzjack's Britney - Femme Fatale rate competition for best commentary kink.gif Jonjo buying me the deluxe edition of Glory *.*

+Quote Post
gavindeejay
post Apr 24 2018, 06:15 PM
Post #17
Why do today, what you can do tomorrow?
Member No.: 7,645
   No Gallery Pics

I won a Red Hot Chili Peppers CD from Kerrang! Radio about 7 years ago. Other than that it’s been How Many Sweets In A Jar type of things at fates laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Jonjo
post Apr 24 2018, 06:17 PM
Post #18
(-_•)
Member No.: 5,042

QUOTE(LeeWallace @ Apr 24 2018, 07:12 PM) *
It was four tickets, wasn't it?

Back in the days we were friends x
Yeah! ohmy.gif

+Quote Post
Jade
post Apr 24 2018, 06:45 PM
Post #19
Mrs Brayden Smith <333

The dog round in Ben's quiz

+Quote Post
lotita.
post Apr 24 2018, 09:35 PM
Post #20
feminist icon
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 21,777

QUOTE(Jade @ Apr 24 2018, 07:45 PM) *
The dog round in Ben's quiz

triggered

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th May 2018 - 08:03 AM