BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Optimist or pessimist?, which are you?
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Optimist or pessimist?
You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Total Votes: 26
Guests cannot vote 
JosephAvery
post Apr 24 2018, 07:52 PM
Post #1
it don't mean shit if you ain't happy though
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 13,530

I've been thinking recently of how optimistic I generally am. I'm quite a positive person and I'll generally see the good in most things, whether it be a difficult student at school or even a song that we're discussing on Buzzjack. It's very rare that I'll find a song has absolutely no merit (even if I personally find it unlistenable, I can understand easily why others may disagree with me).

So which do you consider yourself? An optimist, who looks on the bright side of life, or a pessimist, who is more glass-half-empty and looks less favourably on things. Pick one in the poll and feel free to explain your reasons below!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Midge
post Apr 24 2018, 08:00 PM
Post #2
I just think I'm neat
Group: Members
Member No.: 23,643
   No Gallery Pics

I think it's really important to be an optimistic and positive person. It affects the way you approach challenges and deal with setbacks. It is something you can train yourself to be.

+Quote Post
Ronald McJackson
post Apr 24 2018, 08:09 PM
Post #3
BuzzJack Gold Member
Member No.: 9,543

I used to be an optimist but since my depression has got heavier, I am probably more of a pesimist these days

+Quote Post
Suedehead2
post Apr 24 2018, 08:26 PM
Post #4
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Admin.
Member No.: 3,272
   No Gallery Pics

The difference between an optimist and a pessimist is that the pessimist knows the facts.

+Quote Post
5 Silas Frřkner
post Apr 24 2018, 08:29 PM
Post #5
Surfing in paradise
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 3,474

I sit pretty close to the middle. On some things I can be very optimistic, e.g. MKS will release that f***ing album, and on other things I'm quite pessimistic, e.g. Brexit will be a f***ing disaster.

Really depends what's at stake and what the evidence is. Plus blind faith, that helps.

+Quote Post
Cody💧Slayberry
post Apr 24 2018, 08:30 PM
Post #6
check your thighs in the mirror... and i'm done
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 21,308
   No Gallery Pics

+Quote Post
Iz
post Apr 24 2018, 08:36 PM
Post #7
omae wa mou shindeiru
Group: Admin.
Member No.: 12,929

Naturally an optimist. I always make very optimistic predictions (too optimistic at times) and almost always feel like putting on a pleasant face.

QUOTE(Midge @ Apr 24 2018, 09:00 PM) *
I think it's really important to be an optimistic and positive person. It affects the way you approach challenges and deal with setbacks. It is something you can train yourself to be.

Agreed. Actually, I say naturally but I think it stems back to having some times in my teen years where I figured the best way to not be overwhelmed by my then teenagery issues was to put on a happy face to the world and the world would steadily reward me by often giving me good things back. And continued like that ever since.

Get completely the appeal of pessimism, to the point I inwardly worry about things going bad, and that's good, it helps me prepare for the times when things don't go well, but I think letting it take over isn't that pleasant for anyone.

+Quote Post
Q.
post Apr 24 2018, 08:45 PM
Post #8
elusive
Member No.: 7,132
   No Gallery Pics

Changes every few years lol. I've probably always had more of a pessimistic streak in me when it comes to some things but it's like it depends on my mood, which makes sense! For the past few years I've been "kinda down", to put it lightly, so I've been more pessimistic lately. I never lose hope completely though, there's always something to hold on to.

+Quote Post
dandy*
post Apr 24 2018, 09:04 PM
Post #9
Mansonette
Member No.: 54
   No Gallery Pics

I’m an optimist about fate and life but a pessimist about myself - so I’m an optipessimist!

+Quote Post
BridgeCow
post Apr 24 2018, 09:10 PM
Post #10
BuzzJack Gold Member
Member No.: 23,860
   No Gallery Pics

I'd say i'm pretty in the middle, when it comes to things about myself I'm usually v pessimistic, but I'm pretty optimistic when it comes to others it's weird

+Quote Post
Jade
post Apr 24 2018, 09:26 PM
Post #11
Mrs Brayden Smith <333
Member No.: 12,810

I am an optimist for sure! I generally tend to see the best in people and look for the light at the end of the tunnel in situations. The one spanner in the works is if anxiety comes into play but that's okay, it's not healthy to be happy 100% of the time. But yes, generally I am a total purveyor of positivity and this attitude has really helped me in life so far I think. I hope that others would think of me as a positive influence to be around. I love to see other people happy!

+Quote Post
Esmerelda
post Apr 24 2018, 09:29 PM
Post #12
BuzzJack Regular
Member No.: 294
   No Gallery Pics

Bit of both really. I'm generally an "expect the worst, hope for the best" type of person- but on the other hand I'm quite philosophical about a lot of things that tend to irritate/upset others. Laid back pessimist perhaps?

+Quote Post
Lindsey 🙃
post Apr 24 2018, 10:12 PM
Post #13
low-key, no pressure, just hang with me and my weather
Member No.: 21,176
   No Gallery Pics

Literally

No but I would say I'm just a realist but then I feel like my realistic views are most people's pessimistic ones but I'm just generally a very unlucky person (if you believe in luck that is) so the negative outcome is what tends to happen to me. I am very much a "keep your expectations low so you can't be dissapointed" kinda girl because that way you're either gonna be right about something or pleasantly surprised angel.gif

Although I am probs pessimistic, I am actually a really hopeful person just by default, its not something I actively think about its just part of who I am and its actually annoying af because I have a hard time letting things go or moving on if I think there's even a slight chance of it working out the way I want it to, so as you can imagine that can backfire quite tragically, especially when other people are involved. Sometimes that little bit of hope is all you've got though and you need to cling to it and depending on the situation or circumstances, it can be enough to battle through all the shit that goes against you etc.

+Quote Post
Bré
post Apr 25 2018, 12:20 AM
Post #14
Mr Jade Lauren Williams <333
Member No.: 8,300

100% pessimistic because it means I usually don't end up being disappointed by things and can feel proud of even small victories. x

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Apr 25 2018, 12:26 AM
Post #15
Brown cow, stunning!
Member No.: 10,139

Definitely a pessimist laugh.gif I just always have been. I just tend to assume x will go wrong or x person doesn't like me, or that I've got bad grades at uni, even if time and again I'm proven wrong on whatever issue drama.gif

+Quote Post
Riser
post Apr 25 2018, 02:14 AM
Post #16
My roof look like a no show
Member No.: 19,534

Optimist, although I definitely have that habit of seeing the best in almost everybody and almost always expecting the worst for myself!

+Quote Post
Jade
post Apr 25 2018, 11:07 AM
Post #17
Mrs Brayden Smith <333
Member No.: 12,810

QUOTE(Bré @ Apr 25 2018, 01:20 AM) *
100% pessimistic because it means I usually don't end up being disappointed by things and can feel proud of even small victories. x

Opposites attract etc. kink.gif

I do wish that I was less of a perfectionist but otherwise I wouldn't change my attitude at all. I think I would find it so draining to be constantly pessimistic. I'm sure people could say the same about optimism though and the idea of a brave face all the time for the sake of it. Either way it's just important to be authentic. This topic is really interesting!

I do have low self esteem but having an optimistic outlook despite that is one quality about myself that I do like and never want to lose. My natural enthusiastic child-like spirit has not disappeared during adulthood yet either and I'd quite like to stay that way for as long as possible, as tough as life may get at times.

+Quote Post
Cameron
post Apr 25 2018, 11:44 AM
Post #18
THE BLAZE *.*
Member No.: 18,061

This was quite a conflicting decision for me, I feel like as a person and towards others, I am incredibly positive and optimistic. I am often told by people that it's very rare to see me upset or negative. However, in terms of myself and my life, I am very pessimistic as anything good rarely happens to me so I always feel like I will automatically receive the negative outcome of any event.

+Quote Post
J▲hq
post Apr 25 2018, 12:08 PM
Post #19
i ain't scared no more
Member No.: 8,674

I have the odd moment of 'woe is me' of course but since leaving school and over the past year especially now I've made so many great friends, I think generally I have a very positive outlook. Life is here to be enjoyed and I want to make the most of it and I count myself very lucky.

+Quote Post
Regina
post Apr 25 2018, 12:17 PM
Post #20
Raining Shitter
Member No.: 5,572

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th May 2018 - 01:10 AM