BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Recent discoveries, what did u live without for all this time
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Jade
post Apr 29 2018, 11:43 PM
Post #1
Mrs Brayden Smith <333
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 12,810

What did you recently discover in life that you had lived without all this time? and what did you think of it? could be a new country you went to, shop, artist, website, food, clothing brand, tv show, movie, random item etc.

A recent discovery for me is how fab the shop Paperchase is. 20 years later and this stationery lover finally went to one. I ended up leaving with a glittery blue and silver notebook (going to use it as a daily diary - I can never stick to writing traditional diary entries so I'm doing daily bullet points, will be cool to look back on in the future), a pen with a cat on it (*.*) and a study planner. So much wonderful stationery, not enough money.

WBU? x
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Riser
post Apr 29 2018, 11:56 PM
Post #2
My roof look like a no show
Member No.: 19,534

I just had broccoli cheese soup for the first time about a month ago and it blew my mind how much I liked it! I'm not much of a broccoli fan but it doesn't exactly matter if the soup is cheesy enough. magic.gif So I just had it again for dinner tonight and will probably do so on a regular basis now!

+Quote Post
Cody💧Slayberry
post Apr 29 2018, 11:57 PM
Post #3
check your thighs in the mirror... and i'm done
Member No.: 21,308
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Riser @ Apr 29 2018, 04:56 PM) *
I just had broccoli cheese soup for the first time about a month ago and it blew my mind how much I liked it! I'm not much of a broccoli fan but it doesn't exactly matter if the soup is cheesy enough. magic.gif So I just had it again for dinner tonight and will probably do so on a regular basis now!
ohmy.gif Did you get it at Panera? Their soups are so good!

+Quote Post
awardinary
post Apr 29 2018, 11:58 PM
Post #4
The Navigator
Group: Members
Member No.: 21,587
   No Gallery Pics

Love this thread idea Jade! *.*

I can’t think of anything new, but I’ve rediscovered a few things that are taking up my short-term attention. One of these was a new found addiction to playing Pokemon Go which I had of course deleted a long time ago and since reinstalled on my iPhone, and now I keep checking my surroundings to see what I can find, it’s scarily addictive. I was doing something similar up until a week or so ago with bird watching and taking photos of nature etc, I hope this wasn’t just a passing phase, but I seem to have moved on to discovering new things. huh.gif

I would like to make new discoveries in life, so who knows what the next thing of interest will be for me, but I’m always exploring to see what I can find in my world, and if it means revisiting old hobbies, games, programmes, music again, then so be it.

In terms of places to discover, nowhere comes to mind, but I’m often discovering new cafes, places to get breakfast (most important meal of the day) and also discovering new websites for shopping (though I don’t have much to spend right now). I like discovering new useful apps too.

More discoveries to come in 2018 please! yahoo.gif

+Quote Post
Riser
post Apr 30 2018, 12:00 AM
Post #5

QUOTE(Cody💧Slayberry @ Apr 29 2018, 07:57 PM) *
ohmy.gif Did you get it at Panera? Their soups are so good!
No I didn't but I heard theirs is amazing so I'll try it soon! Actually my dad found a recipe online that's supposed to be just like Panera's so he made that for me today ohmy.gif

+Quote Post
J▲hq
post Apr 30 2018, 12:36 AM
Post #6
i ain't scared no more
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 8,674

OMG Jade, Paperchase is like my favourite shop! Naturally I love the selection of London Underground stuff they do :chuckle: I have a mug and passport holder from that range, and a London themed umbrella. It's obviously more expensive than your Clintons or Card Factory but it's my go to shop when buying cards for family and close friends. Pretty sure the cat calendar I bought for Bray(?) at Christmas was from Paperchase.

I have a couple of McDonalds related discoveries. Only recently tried both Fillet O Fish and the McMuffins and the latter especially are incredible and essential already if I'm working early. Never used to be a fan of eggs but they're a food I've grown to like suddenly.

+Quote Post
Dexton
post Apr 30 2018, 01:19 AM
Post #7
Dexton?
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 25,045
   No Gallery Pics

Apples! When I was young I always said I didn’t like them even though I’d never actually tried one. I like apple juice, sauce, flavour, basically everything that’s apple but.. not apple? Then a few months ago I needed a quick snack to eat on the way to work and just grabbed a Pink Lady apple from the fridge. I took one bite and instantly loved it. I’ve since tried all sorts of different kinds since but I think Pink Lady is the staple. Granny Smiths are my least favourite, I don’t mind the sourness but their texture puts me off. Royal Gala’s are deliciously juicy but again their texture is a bit too grainy for me to have too often.

+Quote Post
No Sleeep
post Apr 30 2018, 01:41 AM
Post #8
BuzzJack Enthusiast
Member No.: 22,008
   No Gallery Pics

Cards Against Humanity thanks to Buzzjack tongue.gif Great for wasting time when I really need to be studying maths

Also Twin Peaks! Just started watching it on Now TV, I'm on season 2. I can't believe it's taken me this long it's right up my street, the dream sequences are so disturbing ohmy.gif

+Quote Post
Bré
post Apr 30 2018, 09:16 AM
Post #9
Mr Jade Lauren Williams <333
Member No.: 8,300

'Cheese soup'

I am revolted.

+Quote Post
BridgeCow
post Apr 30 2018, 04:36 PM
Post #10
BuzzJack Gold Member
Member No.: 23,860
   No Gallery Pics

Yeah what is this cheese soup...

+Quote Post
Dexton
post Apr 30 2018, 04:40 PM
Post #11
Dexton?
Member No.: 25,045
   No Gallery Pics

Broccoli & Cheese soup* It’s a lot nicer than it sounds too :lol although not my go-to soup

You just can’t beat plain old tomato soup can you? Does anyone here have sausage rolls with their soup btw, my mum can’t have one without the other but I can think of anything worse than dipping a sausage roll into hot tomato-y soup sick2.gif

+Quote Post
BridgeCow
post Apr 30 2018, 05:08 PM
Post #12
BuzzJack Gold Member
Member No.: 23,860
   No Gallery Pics

SAUSAGE ROLLS AND TOMATO SOUP wHAT

(Lowkey sounds good tho ngl)

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Apr 30 2018, 05:11 PM
Post #13
Brown cow, stunning!
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 10,139

Cheese and broccoli soup sounds LIT

+Quote Post
PeteFromLeeds
post Apr 30 2018, 05:27 PM
Post #14
Oh I may not be the best, but I'm far from the worst
Member No.: 23,247
   No Gallery Pics

I've recently discovered that I can buy real fake passports documents online thanks to the numerous new Buzzjack members who insist on having some random text instead of a flag.

+Quote Post
T Boy
post Apr 30 2018, 06:03 PM
Post #15
Radical Pink Troll
Member No.: 177
   No Gallery Pics

I discovered broccoli and cheese soup about 3 years ago and yes it’s one of the best things ever.

+Quote Post
Brett-Butler
post Apr 30 2018, 07:24 PM
Post #16
Howdy, disco citizens.
Member No.: 10,455
   No Gallery Pics

Stroopwafels. How can something so thin be so delicious.

+Quote Post
Jüpiter
post Apr 30 2018, 07:37 PM
Post #17
you only love me on the internet
Member No.: 22,895
   No Gallery Pics

That I *really* like banana and honey on toast. I've been eating it all month, so good!

EDIT: Just remembered - I have another one too: Alannis Morrisette. I know this is like 25 years late mind ohmy.gif

This post has been edited by Jüpiter: Apr 30 2018, 08:39 PM

+Quote Post
Jade
post Apr 30 2018, 11:22 PM
Post #18
Mrs Brayden Smith <333
Member No.: 12,810

I love cheese but don't like broccoli so unfortunately I'm going to have to pass on that one kink.gif

QUOTE(J▲hq @ Apr 30 2018, 01:36 AM) *
OMG Jade, Paperchase is like my favourite shop! Naturally I love the selection of London Underground stuff they do :chuckle: I have a mug and passport holder from that range, and a London themed umbrella. It's obviously more expensive than your Clintons or Card Factory but it's my go to shop when buying cards for family and close friends. Pretty sure the cat calendar I bought for Bray(?) at Christmas was from Paperchase.

Yay Jáhq! *.* It was so wonderful in there. heart.gif There isn't a Paperchase in Northampton, but I went on a shopping trip a little outside the town (but still in the county) and voila, I finally found one! As this shopping centre place is pretty new. I was in awe of all the notebooks and how many different planners there are for just about any event laugh.gif The idea of a law exam is actually somewhat tolerable with this study planner in my life. The notebook I bought is so pretty (will take a pic of the few things I got soon tbh) and I'll definitely be going back for another when I've used it all up. I didn't actually have time to look at the cards but I'll be sure to next time ohmy.gif

+Quote Post
Riser
post May 1 2018, 12:26 AM
Post #19

QUOTE(Bré @ Apr 30 2018, 05:16 AM) *
'Cheese soup'

I am revolted.
I was too at your age. It's never too late to change! happy.gif (Oh and same Jade, I would never eat broccoli on its own which is why I never tried it in soup form until now!)

+Quote Post
Cody💧Slayberry
post May 1 2018, 01:23 AM
Post #20
check your thighs in the mirror... and i'm done
Member No.: 21,308
   No Gallery Pics

All this talk about broccoli cheese soup is good but nothing beats clam chowder

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th May 2018 - 03:42 AM