BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> How do you feel about your birthday?
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Q.
post Apr 30 2018, 08:38 PM
Post #1
elusive
Group: Members
Member No.: 7,132
   No Gallery Pics

I feel like this is a thread I may have created a few years ago already as it is something I do think about but I'm not sure thinking.gif With a couple of members celebrating their birthdays today and another speaking about making plans for theirs, I was wondering about the range of feelings / opinions people might have about birthdays.

I have said several times that I dislike mine haha, first of all it's such a stupid day to be born lmao (April 1st, which is April Fools Day ofc), but really it's more to do with my own negative feelings towards things like turning a year older, all the panicky thoughts that brings on the day, and feeling pressure or a desire to have fun and enjoy it when in reality, I usually don't have that much to do on my birthday due to a slightly questionable social life. I've had some good ones, but I've also had some pretty awful ones (hi.gif 21st). This extends also to other people's birthdays slightly, where I'll get worried that I might accidentally do or say something to that person that makes them feel less special on their day.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jade
post Apr 30 2018, 08:47 PM
Post #2
Mrs Brayden Smith <333
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 12,810

I quite enjoy my birthday! My family are always enthusiastic whenever it comes to any kind of event so I think that just naturally passed on to me. I have never felt pressured to celebrate my birthday in a particular way, I have just done whatever I wanted that would make me feel content with the day. Some years I have been perfectly happy to just go to my favourite restaurant with my family. I didn't make a big fuss for my 18th or anything, just went to said favourite restaurant once again as I rarely go there so it's special for me. I did go clubbing for the first time a few days later but yeah, the actual day itself was a fairly low-key affair. I am finally doing something big for my 21st though with the trip to The Beatles museum in Liverpool, just because the idea came into my head and ever since I really wanted to make it happen. I feel like I'll keep on enjoying birthdays until I start to feel old tbh.

Btw, I love the day my birthday falls on (August 4th) as it's always been a summer birthday and it seems to be a fairly memorable date. One girl told me randomly in sixth form that she remembered my birthday from primary school and we weren't particularly close laugh.gif Also, it is the same day as Obama *.*

+Quote Post
Bitch
post Apr 30 2018, 09:25 PM
Post #3
Y'alls worst nightmare
Member No.: 16,660

I dont have a birthday, I celebrate my birthweek

Too special for 1 day, too much of an attention whore

+Quote Post
lewistgreen
post Apr 30 2018, 09:32 PM
Post #4
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 19,585

Valentine's Day for me. It's shit when you're single and I can't go out for dinner anywhere because everywhere is full of couples. Last year we couldn't go out for dinner at all near me because most places were fully booked.
I've not spent it in a relationship yet, but having to celebrate MY day with another person is a shit thought laugh.gif
Growing up it also seemed to ruin the day for my parents as well because they couldn't do anything either.

This post has been edited by lewistgreen: Apr 30 2018, 09:33 PM

+Quote Post
Bré
post Apr 30 2018, 09:56 PM
Post #5
Mr Jade Lauren Williams <333
Member No.: 8,300

I stopped making a big deal of it a while back and it just became a normal day, tbh I still kinda just see it as a normal day for the most part but the last couple of years I have celebrated the occasion by stealing Jade's tradition of going out to her favourite restaurant lmao x

Being another year older always feels a little weird. I still feel strange when I remember what my age is every now and then ~

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Apr 30 2018, 10:21 PM
Post #6
Brown cow, stunning!
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 10,139

I don't mind it, I am not the sort of person who loves a huge fuss being made but I like it being an excuse to go out and get drunk, and to have a meal out etc. laugh.gif I've enjoyed it much more since I went to uni and can go out and make it a big night out and an excuse to get a lot of us together and just have fun.

I sound awful but it drives me insane when people around me go SO ott about their birthdays and really demand every last bit of attention ever where EVERYTHING has to be about them, not in a selfish I cba to give you attention way, but I get like... so anxious that I'm gonna ruin it like Mattias said.

QUOTE(Jade @ Apr 30 2018, 09:47 PM) *
Also, it is the same day as Obama *.*

How dare you pay Jess Mauboy dust </3

+Quote Post
liamk97
post Apr 30 2018, 10:29 PM
Post #7
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 12,472

Mine is August 16th. I always loved that it was in the summer holidays and the fact it has always been sunny on my birthday, like it was crazy to think about what it would be like to have to go to school on my birthday or it being a dark, miserable day. I also liked that I shared a birthday with Madonna. *.*

It was quite annoying that I was the last ones to turn 18 so couldn't stay out drinking with all my friends for long, only being able to make it in to one particular pub. Also, I turned 18 on a Sunday and it was then I realised that people don't really go out drinking on Sunday nights! laugh.gif

There's two weeks in August where there's at least 10 birthdays in my friendship group, so I can't wait to get messy again! laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Tawdry Hepburn
post Apr 30 2018, 10:38 PM
Post #8
I'll find your lips in the street lights
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 51

At this point, it just reminds me I'm one step closer to shuffling off this mortal coil.

+Quote Post
Jade
post Apr 30 2018, 10:45 PM
Post #9
Mrs Brayden Smith <333
Member No.: 12,810

QUOTE(Liаm @ Apr 30 2018, 11:21 PM) *
How dare you pay Jess Mauboy dust </3

Oh yes, not forgetting her, Dylan and Cole Sprouse, Bobby Shmurda, Jessica Sanchez, Tom from The Wanted, Lee Mack and a new 'celeb' birthday that I've just discovered this second... Meghan Markle, oh hell no at crazy attention for the royals extending to my bday now xo

+Quote Post
Chez Wombat
post Apr 30 2018, 10:57 PM
Post #10
The owls are not what they seem
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 9,232
   No Gallery Pics

It kinda gets less an excuse for fun and more scary every year, I'll be closer to 30 than I have been away from 20 this year :x I had some great parties when I was younger and especially at uni I went all out for them with...mixed results, but since then, I've just made less and less of a fuss and it kinda just extends to a meal with family these days, but I'm fine with that, I appreciate the gifts and always give a day to myself for it, last year it snowed which was a wonderful present in itself *.*

My birthday is very near Christmas (15 days away), so it does make the whole going out thing quite hard when it's around the time of loads of work dos as well. It's never actually been a problem asides from that though, just have to come up with a lot of gift ideas for December!

+Quote Post
No Sleeep
post May 1 2018, 12:24 AM
Post #11
BuzzJack Enthusiast
Member No.: 22,008
   No Gallery Pics

It's like New Years to me, I hate it. I'm stuck in the past and I intend to stay there tongue.gif

QUOTE(Jade @ Apr 30 2018, 09:47 PM) *
I quite enjoy my birthday! My family are always enthusiastic whenever it comes to any kind of event so I think that just naturally passed on to me. I have never felt pressured to celebrate my birthday in a particular way, I have just done whatever I wanted that would make me feel content with the day. Some years I have been perfectly happy to just go to my favourite restaurant with my family. I didn't make a big fuss for my 18th or anything, just went to said favourite restaurant once again as I rarely go there so it's special for me. I did go clubbing for the first time a few days later but yeah, the actual day itself was a fairly low-key affair. I am finally doing something big for my 21st though with the trip to The Beatles museum in Liverpool, just because the idea came into my head and ever since I really wanted to make it happen. I feel like I'll keep on enjoying birthdays until I start to feel old tbh.

Btw, I love the day my birthday falls on (August 4th) as it's always been a summer birthday and it seems to be a fairly memorable date. One girl told me randomly in sixth form that she remembered my birthday from primary school and we weren't particularly close laugh.gif Also, it is the same day as Obama *.*

I can't read this without singing "we were chilling at the house" in Ciara's voice in my head heehee.gif

+Quote Post
Riser
post May 1 2018, 12:54 AM
Post #12
My roof look like a no show
Member No.: 19,534

I like my birthday, I don't like being the center of attention but will always look for something special to do to celebrate being a year older. At the very least my grandparents will come over for cake and ice cream with me and my parents, which is enough for me.

I have a summer birthday which always ended up being the first week of summer vacation, and I was always disappointed at not getting to celebrate at school actually! Other kids got to bring cupcakes or some other food for the class on their birthday, which is something I never got to do for myself </3

+Quote Post
Dexton
post May 1 2018, 01:59 AM
Post #13
Dexton?
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 25,045
   No Gallery Pics

My birthday comes & goes every year, it doesn’t really mean anything special to me at this point laugh.gif It’s nice to be a year older I suppose but that novelty soon wears off I’m sure wink.gif In a few years I’ll be dreading 11th March, but for now it’s neutral tongue.gif

+Quote Post
troublepink
post May 1 2018, 02:51 PM
Post #14
Beautiful Trauma
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 590

I enjoy my birthday but rather than asking for things, I like to go on days out or have family get togethers. The only thing I don't like about it is that if it doesn't fall on bank holiday weekend, it falls on half term, so if I am planning a day out I try for either the weekend before or after smile.gif

+Quote Post
BridgeCow
post May 1 2018, 03:13 PM
Post #15
BuzzJack Gold Member
Member No.: 23,860
   No Gallery Pics

My birthdays kind of a non-event tbh lol, it’s never something I get really hyped for, I don’t wanna get closer to becoming an adult lmao, It’s nice to get gifts and all, and having everyone say happy birthday to you is dead nice ofc, but I never really do much for it, Ill meet up with my friends usually and do something but that’s about it. Birthdays have just never really been a big deal for me. I just end up eating a f*** ton of cake and then feeling guilty for like the next week rotf.gif

+Quote Post
Ronald McJackson
post May 1 2018, 03:51 PM
Post #16
BuzzJack Gold Member
Member No.: 9,543

Last year I had a fun BBQ with 20-30 friends, I dunno what I will do this year as i have moved back in with my parents now and have no social circle where I live so I don't have many options.

+Quote Post
T Boy
post May 1 2018, 05:53 PM
Post #17
Radical Pink Troll
Member No.: 177
   No Gallery Pics

Mine is September 28th and I’m almost always working on it so I don’t really care for it. Even my 30th later this year will be on a Friday drama.gif

I hate people that drag their birthdays out for weeks and ensuring that everyone is forced to celebrate it. I’ve never been able to do that myself and hardly anyone gives a shit about mine on the actual day.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th May 2018 - 01:14 AM