BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Talent shows, anecdotes plz
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Jade
post May 3 2018, 08:41 PM
Post #1
Mrs Brayden Smith <333
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 12,810

Have you ever taken part in a talent show-type event where you had to perform in front of people? Or just a general performance of some sort? If you didn't then what would your talent be if you had to take part in one now? Bring on the anecdotes. x

My only experience of a talent show specifically was in primary school. Me and a group of friends performed a dance routine to Christina Aguilera's 'Car Wash' laugh.gif goals, I was then whisked off to the dentist straight after so I didn't even find out how we did (not particularly well iirc) until the next day, rude.

Me and my friends were planning to go on Stars In Their Eyes Kids as Girls Aloud (I was Nicola as my hair was sufficiently more ginge as a child) performing 'Love Machine', but it never went ahead as a couple of members of the group fell out I think and then I believe the show stopped being a thing anyway.

Then not exactly a talent show, but I had to sing 'I'm Feeling Fine' in a school production of Bugsy Malone and S Club 7's 'Never Had A Dream Come True' for our year 6 leaving assembly laugh.gif I was made to censor "you'll always be my baby" to "you'll always be my one" lmao. I was so much more confident as a kid, I'd hate to do this now!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Brett-Butler
post May 3 2018, 08:42 PM
Post #2
Howdy, disco citizens.
Member No.: 10,455
   No Gallery Pics

I'm doing this next week! Performing "Dead Ringer for Love" as Meat Loaf. I haven't sang in public in years, so have no idea how it's going to turn out.

+Quote Post
lewistgreen
post May 3 2018, 08:43 PM
Post #3
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Group: Members
Member No.: 19,585

QUOTE(Brett-Butler @ May 3 2018, 09:42 PM) *
I'm doing this next week! Performing "Dead Ringer for Love" as Meat Loaf. I haven't sang in public in years, so have no idea how it's going to turn out.

Ooh best of luck *.*

I did a comedy act as part of our Year 6 leaver's assembly on our last day of term with my late best friend and another friend who I've genuinely not seen since that day laugh.gif

I think we got a few laughs kink.gif

+Quote Post
Jade
post May 3 2018, 08:44 PM
Post #4
Mrs Brayden Smith <333

QUOTE(Brett-Butler @ May 3 2018, 09:42 PM) *

Good luck Brett!

The last time I sang in public was at a karaoke night on holiday in 2012. Lady Gaga's 'You And I', that was when I found out I was way too nervous for this kind of thing now laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Lindsey 🙃
post May 3 2018, 09:01 PM
Post #5
low-key, no pressure, just hang with me and my weather
Member No.: 21,176
   No Gallery Pics

Me and Cameron sang a duet of Hero and won some percy pigs for it

+Quote Post
Q.
post May 3 2018, 09:06 PM
Post #6
elusive
Member No.: 7,132
   No Gallery Pics

When I was about 10, there was this evening get-together at school. I put on a big black wig and lip synced to Shania Twain for some reason. mellow.gif I have no idea how I managed to overcome my stage fright to do that, I got a huge cheer and all. I also won a general knowledge quiz on the same night, goals. There was also a popularity contest among the students lmao, I didn't win that. x

I also sang as part of a huge choir of school kids at this big concert called the Hallelujah concert (I'm not sure if it still takes place), I think it is / was like a Christmas type thing, it was televised and everything.

+Quote Post
Cqmerqn
post May 3 2018, 10:42 PM
Post #7
Fuego!
Member No.: 23,155
   No Gallery Pics

Me and my two friends hosted a talent show at primary school, probably about 7 years ago now laugh.gif

We were in year 5 and went to the headteacher to ask if we could do it and she said yes. laugh.gif

In hindsight it was a complete MESS. I thought I was like Simon Cowell or something laugh.gif I remember saying ‘no’ to ‘The Hula Girls’ who were about 7! laugh.gif

One of my friends won the talent show coincidentally xx

+Quote Post
Liаm
post May 3 2018, 10:45 PM
Post #8
Brown cow, stunning!
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 10,139

I won my primary school talent show when I was 5 with One For Sorrow by Steps, which my sister likes to remind me of by doing an impression of 5 year old Liam rotf.gif I was gonna do our talent show in year 7 at school singing.... I Kissed A Girl ironically but I didn't go in the end lmao how embarrassing would that have been.

+Quote Post
Andrew.
post May 3 2018, 10:55 PM
Post #9
So, you must like me for me 🙃
Member No.: 21,161

Presented my primary school talent show, when will Dermot tbh x

+Quote Post
Riser
post May 3 2018, 11:09 PM
Post #10
My roof look like a no show
Member No.: 19,534

I did one talent show in 7th grade, my brother and cousins and I formed a band and we played two songs that I can't remember now but I was on keyboard. We didn't place but we managed to keep the band going for two more years (skipping the talent shows to do our own concerts at the school instead *.*).

I ended up helping at the talent shows every year after that, preferring to be behind the scenes rather than performing. In fact the school used my dad's sound system because they didn't have their own equipment lol, so I ended up helping even for several years after I graduated, it was fun!

+Quote Post
BridgeCow
post May 4 2018, 05:30 AM
Post #11
BuzzJack Gold Member
Member No.: 23,860
   No Gallery Pics

Our school had his ‘talent show’ and in year 8 our whole class decided to do an I’m A Celeb type thing, but we weren’t allowed to bring in animals, so we had to do stuff like fill buckets with dog food and put little plastic Stars at the bottom and all the contestants were teachers laugh.gif it was an absolute mess but it was SOO much fun (no actual showcasing of talents tho)

+Quote Post
vidcapper
post May 4 2018, 06:33 AM
Post #12
Paul Hyett
Member No.: 364
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Jade @ May 3 2018, 09:41 PM) *
Have you ever taken part in a talent show-type event where you had to perform in front of people? Or just a general performance of some sort? If you didn't then what would your talent be if you had to take part in one now?

Probably throwing up in terror! laugh.gif

+Quote Post
PeteFromLeeds
post May 4 2018, 05:58 PM
Post #13
Oh I may not be the best, but I'm far from the worst
Member No.: 23,247
   No Gallery Pics

We had a talent show away on our Year 5 School Trip, I did some magic and came second ohmy.gif I won a pack of pens that I don't think I've seen since tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Mack.
post May 4 2018, 07:16 PM
Post #14
BuzzJack Legend
Member No.: 12,915
   No Gallery Pics

Once in primary school sang a Rachel Stevens song for a Pop Idol for Comic Relief. There was a shortened version of 'Boulevard of Broken Dreams' in one and then a Year 6 pupil did Eamon in front of the class.....

+Quote Post
Jade
post May 4 2018, 08:43 PM
Post #15
Mrs Brayden Smith <333

QUOTE(BridgeCow @ May 4 2018, 06:30 AM) *
Our school had his ‘talent show’ and in year 8 our whole class decided to do an I’m A Celeb type thing, but we weren’t allowed to bring in animals, so we had to do stuff like fill buckets with dog food and put little plastic Stars at the bottom and all the contestants were teachers laugh.gif it was an absolute mess but it was SOO much fun (no actual showcasing of talents tho)

This sounds incredible laugh.gif

+Quote Post
JosephAvery
post May 4 2018, 08:48 PM
Post #16
it don't mean shit if you ain't happy though
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 13,530

On our year 6 residential trip, we had a talent show one night and we had to prepare an act in groups. I teamed up with a couple of friends for "Puppies Got Talent" (that grammar tho), involving the little McDonalds happy meal toy dogs laugh.gif essentially a spoof of BGT with us puppeteering these little dogs lmao x it was ridiculous and I'm not entirely sure anyone appreciated it other than us but it was fun laugh.gif needless to say we didn't win x

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd May 2018 - 04:59 PM