BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> I'M GONNA GET MY F***ING HEAD STRAIGHT, I'M GONNA PUT ON MY HAPPY FACE
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
DalekTurret32
post May 4 2018, 06:52 PM
Post #1
My shoulder holds the weight of the world
Group: Members
Member No.: 21,666
   No Gallery Pics

Friday: Did a recital and some Maths work.
Pre-ordered Arctic Monkeys' new album from FOPP, I will get an exclusive lyric book next week to go with the album. smile.gif
Got my pre-ordered CD copy of Gaz Coombes' World's Strongest Man. I have finished the album while editing this post. Excellent album. My faves have to be Vanishing Act, Wounded Egos, In Waves, The Oaks and Slow Motion Life.
I also got a green cassette of an EP called 12" by a newcoming band called Pallas.
Went charity shopping and I got the following CDs and cassettes:
  • Michael Jackson - Bad
  • Elton John - The Very Best Of (Italian CD pressing)
  • Frank Turner - England Keep My Bones
  • Stornoway - Beachcomber's Windowsill (limited gatefold CD release)
  • Dire Straits - On Every Street (cassette)
  • Ramsey & Fen - Love Bug (12") [UK garage classic]
  • Lasgo - Something (12")

Saturday: Going to see some live music
Sunday: Going to hang out with a friend

Recently watched: Rap Critic DOESN'T Review Freaky Friday by Lil Dickey
Listening to: Generation X - Your Generation
Recently read: Sum Maths textbook
Recently drank: Water
Recently ate: Kit Kat Chunky Bar
Recently played: Solitaire

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jade
post May 4 2018, 08:41 PM
Post #2
Mrs Brayden Smith <333
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 12,810

Friday ~ Got some nuggs and chips from the fish and chip shop for lunch *.* I have an essay due in today but I completed it a day early so that resulted in more of a lazy afternoon than expected. Tuned into the chart, went to my grandma's house and now I'm about to commence law exam revision for the night, an absolutely wild Friday night xo Making some flashcards on Quizlet for now. (Ooh I also got an essay grade back not too long ago, which was the final bit left for this module, that has confirmed that I have a first for this module overall - yay! Now to anxiously await the results of the remaining 3/5, dreading dissertation as that was 100% of a module gah)
Saturday ~ My brother talked earlier about us maybe going to town to get a Maccy Ds and shop so that might happen today. Otherwise just Britain's Got Talent and studying!
Sunday ~ My nan and grandad are coming to visit and we'll be going out to breakfast with them, that'll be nice. Otherwise more law revision.

Jealous of the Lasgo single, Dalek!

+Quote Post
BridgeCow
post May 4 2018, 08:59 PM
Post #3
BuzzJack Gold Member
Member No.: 23,860
   No Gallery Pics

Friday - Last ever Friday at school (!!!! ohmy.gif) Went and got a maccies in town after school and went to watch Infinity War with a few mates
Saturday - Revising drama.gif
Sunday - Revising drama.gif

(No actual revision will take place his weekend tho smh)

+Quote Post
mdh
post May 4 2018, 09:07 PM
Post #4
oh, the less i know the better
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 22,776
   No Gallery Pics

FRI - off from work due to the fact my job is based around taking phone calls - and I can't speak, and I'm coughing for England, would have probably passed on my illness to the rest of the office lmao laugh.gif

SAT - going to Birmingham (didn't end up going last weekend due to weather) to look round the vintage stores with a friend. In total silence.

SUN - massive sesh in the evening. In silence.

+Quote Post
Liаm
post May 4 2018, 09:09 PM
Post #5
Brown cow, stunning!
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 10,139

Fri: had my last ever uni lectures, finally got to see my supervisor for my dissertation by ambushing her in her office pretty much laugh.gif
Sat: holed up in the library
Sun: holed up in the library
Mon: slight break from the library for a cider fest in the SU

+Quote Post
J▲hq
post May 4 2018, 10:02 PM
Post #6
i ain't scared no more
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 8,674

Friday: survived my 5:15am shift on less than three hours sleep. Napped for three hours when I got in and ordered Dominos because there was nothing to eat in the flat (unless I wanted Coco Pops at 7pm) and I could hardly be bothered to move

Sat: work 7-3, last shift before eight days off yass

Sun: going to the cinema with Joseph to see "I Feel Pretty" (it takes him years to go to the cinema once and then he's going a second time in the space of a month mellow.gif)

And over the weekend I've got to fit in packing and some last minute holiday shopping, new shoes, sun cream, maybe a new case and changing some holiday money

+Quote Post
DalekTurret32
post May 5 2018, 12:18 AM
Post #7
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Jade @ May 4 2018, 09:41 PM) *
Jealous of the Lasgo single, Dalek!

Lucky find from a vintage shop sale for just 1.
I need to get more 12-inches (and CD singles) with that Positiva plus sign on them.

+Quote Post
troublepink
post May 5 2018, 03:46 AM
Post #8
Beautiful Trauma
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 590

Friday - my MacBook Air broke! So for a while I may be without a laptop. Considering to get a new one anyway. Went to bed ridiculously early (5pm)
Saturday - awake now because of my crappy sleep pattern. Going to make a decision on my laptop this morning and then housework this afternoon
Sunday - no plans yet apart from work at 10pm

+Quote Post
dandy*
post May 5 2018, 08:54 AM
Post #9
Mansonette
Member No.: 54
   No Gallery Pics

Friday ~ Got up and meditated before spending the morning working through some material on mindfulness and sleep routines to see if I can sort out my recent routine of not sleeping very much at all! Strolled into town to grab a coffee before getting the train into work - got there and discovered I've been signed up to do a 10,000 steps a day for 50 days challenge which sounds good for me yet possibly more difficult to achieve than it sounds. Went out for a meal at a Chinese canteen place before going out for cocktails - including a candy floss one and violet and dry ice one!

Saturday ~ Got up early in a continuation of me trying to regulate my sleep a bit more. Spent the time making a fab poached egg/avocado/granary breakfast which I ate accompanied by Damien Rice's 'O' which sounds great first thing in the morning with the birds singing along outside. Have also just booked a holiday in Ischia for the second half of June which is great as I've been looking for ages and hadn't found somewhere that felt right until now. Just going to get ready to wander out for a walk around the fields and tracks with Mr D* before heading into town for a coffee and something for lunch. Out with Mr D*'s family later as it is the mother-in-law's birthday.

Sunday ~ Not sure really. I'll hopefully be up early again and out and about somewhere but really haven't thought about where or what yet...

Monday ~ Aiming to get the train out to Matlock to spend the day wandering around Derbyshire. I discovered recently that we have a direct train there (which seemed incredibly unlikely) and it's a great place to escape to, in fact pretty much any stop along that route into Derbyshire is and I've taken to getting off at different ones and wandering around discovering little villages (and their pubs & cafes!) and all of the different views to see between them, it's a beautiful part of the country. Plus there is a caf I've discovered that does the most amazing banoffee pie that I have ever tasted and I'm majorly craving one.

This post has been edited by dandy*: May 5 2018, 08:55 AM

+Quote Post
troublepink
post May 6 2018, 10:21 AM
Post #10
Beautiful Trauma
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 590

QUOTE(troublepink @ May 5 2018, 04:46 AM) *
Friday - my MacBook Air broke! So for a while I may be without a laptop. Considering to get a new one anyway. Went to bed ridiculously early (5pm)
Saturday - awake now because of my crappy sleep pattern. Going to make a decision on my laptop this morning and then housework this afternoon
Sunday - no plans yet apart from work at 10pm

Decision made, new laptop on Wednesday cheer.gif

+Quote Post
DalekTurret32
post May 6 2018, 08:18 PM
Post #11
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(troublepink @ May 6 2018, 11:21 AM) *
Decision made, new laptop on Wednesday cheer.gif

Hope it goes well for you smile.gif

+Quote Post
Q.
post May 6 2018, 08:21 PM
Post #12
elusive
Member No.: 7,132
   No Gallery Pics

friday: exam
saturday: nature walks
sunday: drink

+Quote Post
Ronald McJackson
post May 7 2018, 11:06 AM
Post #13
BuzzJack Gold Member
Member No.: 9,543

I'll do it backwards this week tongue.gif

Friday: Yikes, I can't remember
Saturday: Went for a coastal walk to Lyme Regis which was nice
Sunday: It was my niece's 18th birthday so we had a family meal and some yummy chocolate cake

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd May 2018 - 04:59 PM