BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Lil Xan - TOTAL XANARCHY, 1st album | 6th April 2018
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
JosephAvery
post May 5 2018, 03:00 PM
Post #1
it don't mean shit if you ain't happy though
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 13,530

One of the many "SoundCloud rappers" around at the moment, Lil Xan has proved to be one of the best surprises of the year so far for me. The most interesting thing is that I don't really know why :') objectively, there's not a lot that Lil Xan offers that other rappers might do better, but I've found myself going from enjoying Diplo collab Color Blind, to exploring a couple of songs from the album, to hearing the full thing and actually enjoying most of it. While parts of the album are undoubtedly quite shallow (and songs like The Man really highlight that in a negative way), we get moments where he talks about his addiction to Xanax (hence the name - a reminder that he beat the addiction), notably in Betrayed, his only charting song on the Hot 100 to date. From start to finish the album is perhaps quite samey, but I've been dipping in and out with certain tracks all week. My highlight aside from Color Blind is Charli XCX collab Moonlight as well as Betrayed and Saved By the Bell.

I expect he won't be a buzzfave by any means but if anyone out there is remotely curious, here are a few of my favourites to check out:

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
BridgeCow
post May 5 2018, 03:22 PM
Post #2
BuzzJack Gold Member
Group: Members
Member No.: 23,860
   No Gallery Pics

Color Blind is quite a tune tbh, but I've yet to have the desire to check any of his other stuff out
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th May 2018 - 04:06 PM