BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Were you ever smacked as a kid?
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
vidcapper
post May 6 2018, 10:23 AM
Post #1
Paul Hyett
Group: Members
Member No.: 364
   No Gallery Pics

And how long ago was this?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Q.
post May 6 2018, 10:24 AM
Post #2
elusive
Member No.: 7,132
   No Gallery Pics

tbh there were a couple of ~incidents~ that I remember. I'm very strongly against it.

+Quote Post
Cqmerqn
post May 6 2018, 10:25 AM
Post #3
Fuego!
Member No.: 23,155
   No Gallery Pics

No

+Quote Post
troublepink
post May 6 2018, 10:26 AM
Post #4
Beautiful Trauma
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 590

Yes, never did me any harm

+Quote Post
Q.
post May 6 2018, 10:29 AM
Post #5
elusive
   No Gallery Pics

It hurts my heart when I'm in a public place like a store and an angry impatient mother is pushing / pulling / whatever at her child and I've seen smacks as well, ugh.

+Quote Post
T Boy
post May 6 2018, 10:37 AM
Post #6
Radical Pink Troll
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 177
   No Gallery Pics

I was smacked as a child. Not very often and always when I was being a general prick. It was correctional, not abuse but I can see why smacking is so frowned upon now because it’s such a thin line. Other forms of discipline are much more preferable though it would be nice to see some parents discipline their children at all.

+Quote Post
vidcapper
post May 6 2018, 10:38 AM
Post #7
Paul Hyett
Member No.: 364
   No Gallery Pics

It's been a long time (over 40 years) since I was a child, but me and my siblings did get smacked occasionally, but it was never gratuitous, and just a light slap on the wrist.

+Quote Post
Jüpiter
post May 6 2018, 12:57 PM
Post #8
you only love me on the internet
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 22,895
   No Gallery Pics

Uh...yeah a fair bit. My parents didn't see anything wrong with it. This is before it was banned though.

+Quote Post
Chez Wombat
post May 6 2018, 01:15 PM
Post #9
The owls are not what they seem
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 9,232
   No Gallery Pics

I was apparently once or twice, my mum is EXTREMELY regretful of it whatever it was so it's not something I bring up (I barely remember it at all, I'd assume I must've been being a right nightmare).

QUOTE(Q. @ May 6 2018, 11:29 AM) *
It hurts my heart when I'm in a public place like a store and an angry impatient mother is pushing / pulling / whatever at her child and I've seen smacks as well, ugh.

I saw a mum in the supermarket a while back grabbing her daughter by her shirt and shouting and she seemed to be in tears, horrible sad.gif

+Quote Post
Dobbo
post May 6 2018, 01:20 PM
Post #10
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 20,053
   No Gallery Pics

Absolutely, and I'm sure I thoroughly deserved it!

+Quote Post
PeteFromLeeds
post May 6 2018, 01:54 PM
Post #11
Oh I may not be the best, but I'm far from the worst
Member No.: 23,247
   No Gallery Pics

No I've never been hit and I'm really against it as well. Treat people like people and not like animals!
QUOTE(Q. @ May 6 2018, 11:29 AM) *

Urgh I hate this, I mean maybe I'll understand a bit more if/when I become a parent but please just let them live a little.

+Quote Post
T Boy
post May 6 2018, 02:00 PM
Post #12
Radical Pink Troll
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(PeteFromLeeds @ May 6 2018, 02:54 PM) *
No I've never been hit and I'm really against it as well. Treat people like people and not like animals!

Um, you shouldn’t hit animals either.

+Quote Post
Jade
post May 6 2018, 02:22 PM
Post #13
Mrs Brayden Smith <333
Member No.: 12,810

Nah, my parents never smacked me. I would also never do it to my own child if I were to have kids as I'm very against it.

+Quote Post
Jacob~
post May 6 2018, 02:22 PM
Post #14
Jacob Alan~
Member No.: 21,664
   No Gallery Pics

I was a little bit but nothing that actually hurt, just a light slap on the wrist or something, was more afraid of my parents thinking I'd done something wrong enough to warrant it than actually getting hurt. I don't think it's that bad really and if it's done right it's good for character building but it's something that can be abused and it gives bad parents leeway to justify taking things too far in the name of discipline.

+Quote Post
Jüpiter
post May 6 2018, 03:13 PM
Post #15
you only love me on the internet
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 22,895
   No Gallery Pics

I'm slightly surprised people are slapped mostly on the wrist, when I was a kid it was generally on the bum, in fact I'm fairly sure 'like a slapped bum' (or less polite variants!) was a common saying until recently.

+Quote Post
Rooney
post May 6 2018, 03:28 PM
Post #16
WINTER IS COMING
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 88

I used to and it was absolutely awful. Both my parents went to private school so all from that 'slapped with the cane/slipper' era. I dunno I'm against it really, but it taught me lessons and I think I have turned out alright. That said it was bloody painful!

+Quote Post
Q.
post May 6 2018, 03:28 PM
Post #17
elusive
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Jacob~ @ May 6 2018, 03:22 PM) *
if it's done right it's good for character building

I mean you may be right in terms of how people grow / operate but just my moral alarm bells are going ding ding ding

I think personally I'm just wired differently so I don't actually find that painful (physical or emotional) experiences make me considerably stronger actually - if I've gotten stronger over the years I certainly don't really feel like it's directly related to anything difficult I've been through. Those things just give me more to dwell on biggrin.gif I kinda thought of something weird a while back that went - if you get hit by a rock, it hurts. If you get hit by 20 rocks, it really f***ing hurts. And it's easier to recover from one rock than 20.

+Quote Post
T Boy
post May 6 2018, 03:46 PM
Post #18
Radical Pink Troll
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Jüpiter @ May 6 2018, 04:13 PM) *
I'm slightly surprised people are slapped mostly on the wrist, when I was a kid it was generally on the bum, in fact I'm fairly sure 'like a slapped bum' (or less polite variants!) was a common saying until recently.

I was smacked on the bum. Not very hard, not very often and not at all by the time I reached about 5. I’d have had to have been an absolute dick to get one and might have still been an absolute dick today without it.

+Quote Post
Bitch
post May 6 2018, 04:09 PM
Post #19
Y'alls worst nightmare
Member No.: 16,660

A smack to correct behaviour from time to time is nothing wrong. I wish all these brats got smacked some times, cuz lordT their behaviour.

Like obviously there's a difference with beating your kid and smacking them on like their hands or something

+Quote Post
Jacob~
post May 6 2018, 04:15 PM
Post #20
Jacob Alan~
Member No.: 21,664
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Jüpiter @ May 6 2018, 04:13 PM) *
Oh yea he might've had that too, similar feelings about it though.

QUOTE(Q. @ May 6 2018, 04:28 PM) *

I mean you may be right in terms of how people grow / operate but just my moral alarm bells are going ding ding ding

I think personally I'm just wired differently so I don't actually find that painful (physical or emotional) experiences make me considerably stronger actually - if I've gotten stronger over the years I certainly don't really feel like it's directly related to anything difficult I've been through. Those things just give me more to dwell on biggrin.gif I kinda thought of something weird a while back that went - if you get hit by a rock, it hurts. If you get hit by 20 rocks, it really f***ing hurts. And it's easier to recover from one rock than 20.
Well kids can be spoilt brats and sometimes have to be taught not to be. You have to be very careful about where you draw the line and I absolutely agree corporal punishment with a cane etc is awful but there's a significant difference between that and a parent teaching their child something they did was wrong. Doubt I'd even do it myself if/ when I become a parent (plus there's that law so no I wouldn't x) but I don't see it as a black and white issue, I do get why the law was introduced though.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd May 2018 - 05:03 PM