BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Food allergies
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
vidcapper
post May 7 2018, 06:28 AM
Post #1
Paul Hyett
Group: Members
Member No.: 364
   No Gallery Pics

Are they becoming more common nowadays?

Which, if any, do you suffer from?

I don't really have any myself, although there are some foods I can only eat in small amounts - some kinds of cheese for example.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Q.
post May 7 2018, 07:14 AM
Post #2
elusive
Group: Members
Member No.: 7,132
   No Gallery Pics

I'm allergic to olives in that, as documented in another thread, I want to like them but just can't smile.gif

nah but real talk, no allergies here! I'm lucky in that sense. I did have one weird allergic reaction once which my mum and I presumed was from some apples that my grandmother brought over on a visit when I was a kid (is the woman a fairytale witch? thinking.gif). I got large red patches all over my legs and we went to the doctor pretty much straight away but by the time we got there, they had all disappeared into the ether kink.gif We went in anyway and explained what happened.

My mum's dog (I can't rly say "my dog" anymore) has some kinda awful skin allergy caused by dermatitis, or dermatitis caused by a skin allergy. It sucks but he's on meds a lot.

+Quote Post
T Boy
post May 7 2018, 08:59 AM
Post #3
Radical Pink Troll
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 177
   No Gallery Pics

I came out in hives all over my body when I was about 8. The doctor said it must have been a food allergy but we were never able to work out what it was. It hasnít happened since.

+Quote Post
danG
post May 7 2018, 09:30 AM
Post #4
◢ ◤
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 11,746
   No Gallery Pics

I'm gluten intolerant which I don't mind too much now as there's a decent free from selection at most supermarkets and a few restaurants do gluten free too. been years and years since I last got sick from it as I do my absolute best to avoid any gluten.

+Quote Post
lotita.
post May 7 2018, 09:37 AM
Post #5
feminist icon
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 21,777

QUOTE(T Boy @ May 7 2018, 09:59 AM) *
I came out in hives all over my body when I was about 8. The doctor said it must have been a food allergy but we were never able to work out what it was. It hasnít happened since.

I have hives as well and have also never found out. It was suspected to be ibuprofen but I started taking it again a couple of years ago and it doesnít seem to have an effect. The other day my hives came up so badly after i had tried a load of lush stuff from the store, so I suspect it was an ingredient but I used so much stuff itís hard to tell laugh.gif

When I was first diagnosed tho Iím still shocked I never actually got allergy testing, they were on my eyes as wel as covering all my arms and legs

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th May 2018 - 01:17 AM