BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Alex Strangelove, 8th June Netflix Original
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Theo.
post May 9 2018, 09:36 PM
Post #1
IDGAF
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 8,661

The trailer for Netflix's new coming out/coming of age film 'Alex Strangelove' premiered today.

I'm looking forward to seeing this, especially to compare it with 'Love, Simon' which is obviously still very fresh. You wait years for a mainstream LGBT movie and two come along at once!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
lewistgreen
post Jun 16 2018, 01:00 PM
Post #2
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 19,585

Anyone watched this yet?

I watched it last night. Great film with some comedic moments; it just made me feel good about myself laugh.gif

+Quote Post
HarryEzra
post Jun 16 2018, 01:11 PM
Post #3
Lovin', I'm livin', so we turnin' up
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 20,835

This was such a feel-good movie like Love, Simon was <3. I watched it the other day and thought it was brilliant. Highly recommend it.

+Quote Post
JosephAvery
post Jun 16 2018, 06:33 PM
Post #4
you hit me with that sideswipe
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 13,530

(spoilers may lie ahead, be warned)

Gave this a watch last weekend and I absolutely adored it. It's easy to compare to Love, Simon and quite natural to do so, and thankfully both films very much stand on their own feet. There's similarities of course but enough differences for both films to exist without stepping on each other's toes.

Alex is totally adorable and his struggle is relatable - I know the kind of emotions he felt towards Claire even if I never actually got into a straight relationship myself. The denial is all too true. Alex and Elliott were so cute together too, I was rooting for them very early on and I was getting anxious towards the end at the prom laugh.gif It was lovely to see Claire being so accepting of Alex in the end too.

Hoping to rewatch this weekend wub.gif

+Quote Post
Tombo
post Jun 16 2018, 07:11 PM
Post #5
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Group: Members
Member No.: 9,543

I nearly watched this earlier today but I ended up going for God's Own Country instead and I really enjoyed it.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th August 2018 - 12:57 AM