BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> What do you see from your window(s)?, trying to be as un-stalkerish as possible :3
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Q.
post May 10 2018, 06:24 PM
Post #1
elusive
Group: Members
Member No.: 7,132
   No Gallery Pics

A while ago I saw this asked in an interview with the singer-songwriter Suzanne Vega (you may remember her from such 80s songs as 'Luka' - my name is Luka, I live on the 2nd floor etc...) and look what's happened, it's gone and made its way onto here.

This is also partly inspired by the fact that not too long ago I moved house and there was a shed right in front of my kіtchen / sitting room window that had a bunch of old stuff in it and it was kinda hideous. Also the shed had this old green plastic cover on it that would blow in the wind and in the evenings the whole picture of it was like some horror movie lmao. It's now being rebuilt so that's nice. I also see a lot of birds who hang out by my place, as well as some grass which kids scream play on in the weekends and put up tents etc. I also see my neighbours' house and I'm in love with their dog.

Funnily enough, that's the only window I can see out of here without opening it as the other windows have that glass that can't be seen through very well, idk what it's called... You don't need to give a whole tour, can even just pick out a key thing from a specific window.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
5 Silas Frøkner
post May 10 2018, 06:27 PM
Post #2
Surfing in paradise
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 3,474

If I raise my head fractionally I can see out my bedroom window and I have a view of my primary school (our house literally backs onto the school), the town golf course, the rest of my estate and the rolling hills of NE Fife. It’s quite picturesque

+Quote Post
PeteFromLeeds
post May 10 2018, 07:19 PM
Post #3
Oh I may not be the best, but I'm far from the worst
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 23,247
   No Gallery Pics

Lots of houses. Oh and the garden, followed by lots more houses.

Get me away to the countryside as quickly as possible cry.gif

+Quote Post
Doctor Blind
post May 10 2018, 07:53 PM
Post #4
#38BBE0 otherwise known as 'sky blue'
Member No.: 7,561
   No Gallery Pics

I am very lucky to live on the edge of town with fields right out the back so my typical view from this study is:

Well that's not typical, that's what it looks like when there is a thunderstorm nearby which is usually why I am taking photos!

I used to live right opposite St James' Park football ground in Exeter so this is definitely an improvement..

+Quote Post
Jüpiter
post May 10 2018, 10:05 PM
Post #5
you only love me on the internet
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 22,895
   No Gallery Pics

Trees and city! Perfect view to be honest. I'm not at all one for countrysides, rolling hills and that actually give me existential dread.

I've always wanted to have a railway view like in a particular Ghibli movie though. Ideally a slightly far away one though so I don't need to deal with the noise!

This post has been edited by Jüpiter: May 10 2018, 10:06 PM

+Quote Post
Harve
post May 10 2018, 11:11 PM
Post #6
you should be f***ing with no-one else
Member No.: 4,718
   No Gallery Pics

Resorting to google images because it's dark, but I live next right next to two gasometers. Here are their many façades:

I actually quite like them but I'd prefer them to be at a distance: it's a little ominous to walk past them daily.

+Quote Post
Queef of Skreech
post May 11 2018, 12:27 AM
Post #7
Life is so much queefier than we allow ourselves to think x
Member No.: 18,639
   No Gallery Pics

What city is that Harve

+Quote Post
Riser
post May 11 2018, 03:52 AM
Post #8
My roof look like a no show
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 19,534

From my bedroom window I can see my church and the town hall where I work - in other words the two places I spend most of my time besides home. tongue.gif In general I can see the center of town which to me is really fun, I love watching the traffic and I'm used to the noise so can sleep through it at night. Watching the snow fall on a winter night is my favorite. We just set up bird feeders behind the house so during the day we can watch all kinds of birds from the rear windows.

There's a police car that sits across the street a few nights a week, so if I stay up late enough I can watch the occasional drunk driver get pulled over, take a sobriety test and sometimes get arrested!

+Quote Post
Iz
post May 11 2018, 05:02 PM
Post #9
benevolent overlord
Group: Admin.
Member No.: 12,929

QUOTE(Doctor Blind @ May 10 2018, 08:53 PM) *
I used to live right opposite St James' Park football ground in Exeter so this is definitely an improvement..

I used to live not 100m away from there too so I know exactly what you mean (well, especially on matchdays).

I can see trees overlooking a path out of the estate I currently live on from my window, and if I look to the right I can see across Truro (the city centre is in a valley). Some parts of this estate look over lush green valleys and I am extremely jealous of the view one house in particular gets, looking right over the railway line and green fields.

+Quote Post
Doctor Blind
post May 11 2018, 07:32 PM
Post #10
#38BBE0 otherwise known as 'sky blue'
Member No.: 7,561
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Iz @ May 11 2018, 06:02 PM) *
I used to live not 100m away from there too so I know exactly what you mean (well, especially on matchdays).

Yay, St James ward biggrin.gif I loved having the little mini train station that is right under the ground right outside my place - actually unless I was between night shifts I loved the atmosphere of match day. I still haven't worked out why they play KLF Last Train To Trancentral (TUNE!!) when the teams come out on to the pitch, but I'm not complaining.

+Quote Post
5 Silas Frøkner
post May 11 2018, 08:13 PM
Post #11
Surfing in paradise
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 3,474

My last flat in Manchester had a quite nice view

My view now is a little different! Less urban some might say.... laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Tawdry Hepburn
post May 11 2018, 08:14 PM
Post #12
I'll find your lips in the street lights
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 51

A recreational park and a couple of mediocre looking skyscrapers.

+Quote Post
JackJones
post May 11 2018, 11:20 PM
Post #13
BuzzJack Enthusiast
Member No.: 15
   No Gallery Pics

A few high-rises and the sea.

+Quote Post
DalekTurret32
post May 11 2018, 11:32 PM
Post #14
My shoulder holds the weight of the world
Member No.: 21,666
   No Gallery Pics

Dark night with some cars and streetlights.

+Quote Post
awardinary
post May 14 2018, 06:34 PM
Post #15
The Navigator
Member No.: 21,587
   No Gallery Pics

Not much of a view, but behind those trees is the secondary school grounds where I went to over 16 years ago (well in fact they knocked it down and rebuilt it since). It’s mostly peaceful being in a cul-de-sac and I often observe nature in the garden from the window.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th June 2018 - 03:23 PM