BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> GAMMON, not even the food
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Liаm
post May 14 2018, 09:08 PM
Post #1
Brown cow, stunning!
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 10,139

You'll probably have seen a storm about gammon of all things online today - but it's not *really* about the food...

Emma Little-Pengelly of the DUP (of course representing the bastions of political correctness xxx) seems to kicked off something about the insult "gammon", saying it is akin to being racially prejudiced... What does that mean you ask? It's a reference to the ruddy pink complexions of middle-aged men who go pink with anger ranting about Brexit and political correctness laugh.gif I suppose it's like the right calling the left a snowflake. As always, it is fine for them to call everyone anything but a comment about their pink cheeks is suddenly absolutely awful.

Of course being a white right wing middle aged men pink with anger doesn't carry the economic, social etc. disadvantages as JUST ABOUT EVERY OTHER group they want to marginalise does, so they are being ridiculous, but I thought this would be an interesting thread laugh.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Andrew.
post May 14 2018, 09:11 PM
Post #2
So, you must like me for me 🙃
Group: Members
Member No.: 21,161

And she seemed like the only half sensible person in the DUP :’)

+Quote Post
Brett-Butler
post May 14 2018, 09:11 PM
Post #3
Howdy, disco citizens.
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 10,455
   No Gallery Pics

Can't say that I think calling people you disagree with politically silly names is the best approach to rational discourse at this current moment in time, but then again that must be my annoying centrism kicking in again.

+Quote Post
Jüpiter
post May 14 2018, 09:28 PM
Post #4
you only love me on the internet
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 22,895
   No Gallery Pics

I love the gammon thing.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th May 2018 - 03:37 AM