BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> How Spontaneous Are You?, Another lounge thread by awardinary (sorry not sorry)
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Are you a spontaneous person?
You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Total Votes: 18
Guests cannot vote 
awardinary
post May 15 2018, 10:01 AM
Post #1
The Navigator
Group: Members
Member No.: 21,587
   No Gallery Pics

Following the interesting responses in the threads How Generous Are You? and How Attractive Are You? (by Midge), I draw your attention to another facet of human behaviour and that is spontaneity, making rash decisions and acting without thought to what you are doing. I guess to be spontaneous would inevitably mean dropping whatever it was you were doing to do something else, without any preparation beforehand. It would likely mean ignoring other responsibilities in favour of a less important activity at the last minute.

Remember too that you can be spontaneous with both your time and money and any other valuable commodities you may have.

So are you a spontaneous person who likes to step into the unknown and see what happens? biggrin.gif

Discuss.

This post has been edited by awardinary: May 15 2018, 11:23 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
awardinary
post May 15 2018, 10:08 AM
Post #2
The Navigator
Member No.: 21,587
   No Gallery Pics

Poll added!

+Quote Post
Dexton
post May 15 2018, 10:18 AM
Post #3
Dexton?
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 25,045
   No Gallery Pics

Sometimes. I find that I often have to act spontaneous in order to be productive if that makes sense, to actually do something. I wish I was more spontaneous but more times than not I back away from doing things for basically no reason

+Quote Post
Emily Haines
post May 15 2018, 10:54 AM
Post #4
Gunshot Glitter™
Member No.: 10,790
   No Gallery Pics

Pretty much never. Everything needs to be planned. If I'm making an expensive purchase I will spend months looking into it... I can't just decide then and there!

The most spontaneous I am is going out for tea when I wasn't expecting it lol.

+Quote Post
Jüpiter
post May 15 2018, 03:08 PM
Post #5
you only love me on the internet
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 22,895
   No Gallery Pics

I would describe myself as chaotic so, I guess so.

+Quote Post
Jade
post May 15 2018, 03:38 PM
Post #6
Mrs Brayden Smith <333
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 12,810

I generally like most things in my life to be meticulously planned. From devising a revision schedule for the day to planning routes and timings for a journey beforehand. Having that kind of structure really helps to calm anxious feelings for me. I did vote for 'sometimes' though, because despite this I do have my moments. Like getting my nose pierced or randomly deciding to go out somewhere that day. A little spontaneity doesn't hurt.

+Quote Post
Brett-Butler
post May 15 2018, 06:01 PM
Post #7
Howdy, disco citizens.
Member No.: 10,455
   No Gallery Pics

I once booked a holiday to Japan and flew out two days later, so I'm prone to a bit of spontaneity.

+Quote Post
Cqmerqn
post May 15 2018, 06:55 PM
Post #8
Fuego!
Member No.: 23,155
   No Gallery Pics

Sometimes.

+Quote Post
Qween
post May 15 2018, 08:36 PM
Post #9
Miss Rodham, if you're nasty
Group: Veteran
Member No.: 11,709

Not NEVER, but on a 1 to 10 scale with 1 being spontaneous and 10 being super organised all the time I'm about an 8.7.

I do tend to plan most things out in detail, I love planning and it's as much about feeling certain and sure of things and how to do something as anything else. I very much dislike uncertainty. I also hate surprises, surprise parties or presents or anything like that just do not work because I automatically feel extremely uncomfortable.

+Quote Post
Riser
post May 16 2018, 03:09 AM
Post #10
My roof look like a no show
Member No.: 19,534

I'd love to be more spontaneous, but I need to plan things way in advance in order to feel mentally prepared, so I avoid spontaneity at all costs. I remember once last summer I bought a cookie at a gas station when I wasn't even hungry, and thinking it was the most spontaneous thing I'd done in years laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Q.
post May 16 2018, 06:26 AM
Post #11
elusive
Member No.: 7,132
   No Gallery Pics

I would say I'm very spontaneous in some ways (I've kinda taught myself to be I guess), but I'd like to be even more so because I know myself well enough to be aware of the fact that it often makes me feel good when I do new things or step outside of my comfort zone (I mean it's not really that comfy) without pre-meditation. In the past few years I've begun to try to plan some of my daily activities so I will finally do all the things I've been meaning to do / things I've been meaning to finish, but it often doesn't work out that way at all haha.

+Quote Post
lotita.
post Wednesday, 08:25 AM
Post #12
feminist icon
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 21,777

I’m quite spontaneous

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd May 2018 - 07:28 AM