BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Kim Kardashian controversy
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Cqmerqn
post May 16 2018, 03:50 PM
Post #1
Fuego!
Group: Members
Member No.: 23,155
   No Gallery Pics

Kim Kardashian is being ripped to shreds for this now deleted Instagram post. She is promoting a lollipop which lowers appetite and some are saying that she’s essentially promoting an eating disorder.

Completely agree with most people. She is promoting something completely wrong. This is not what 13 year old girls should be considering.

What are your thoughts on this? Sorry for the big pictures.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Liаm
post May 16 2018, 03:56 PM
Post #2
Brown cow, stunning!
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 10,139

It's such a damaging thing to promote :/ She has a reach beyond most people in the world and there will be so many young girls struggling with their weight or the way they look seeing what she posts thinking this is the right way to go about their weight, it makes it look like it's really bad to eat for young people who will already think that as they face so much pressure to look a certain way.

+Quote Post
danG
post May 16 2018, 04:04 PM
Post #3
◢ ◤
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 11,746
   No Gallery Pics

yeah it's not exactly a good thing to be promoting especially to young girls (I presume they make up most of Kim's fanbase) who are most at risk for developing eating disorders...

+Quote Post
Dexton
post May 16 2018, 04:12 PM
Post #4
Dexton?
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 25,045
   No Gallery Pics

Can’t most lollipops be classed as “apetite suppressant”? I figure they fall under the same umbrella as chewing gum

+Quote Post
Mack.
post May 16 2018, 04:16 PM
Post #5
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 12,915
   No Gallery Pics

Incredibly stupid from Kim. Famous for what? Appearing in a sex tape with Ray J. What does she do?

A stupid thing to promote.

+Quote Post
Jade
post May 16 2018, 05:10 PM
Post #6
Mrs Brayden Smith <333
Member No.: 12,810

Wow, I'm really disappointed to see this. It is gross for her to promote an unhealthy relationship with food to the public, especially to young and impressionable fans. It is bad anyway but feels particularly tasteless during mental health awareness week.

+Quote Post
Emily Haines
post May 16 2018, 05:54 PM
Post #7
Gunshot Glitter™
Member No.: 10,790
   No Gallery Pics

Utterly ridiculous, and damaging to anybody impressionable or those with unhealthy food relationships.

Yeah let's suck lollies instead of eating. Ffs.

+Quote Post
Bré
post May 16 2018, 06:00 PM
Post #8
Mr Jade Lauren Williams <333
Member No.: 8,300

I don't think the product itself is inherently a bad thing or promoting eating disorders (it could be helpful for people who struggle with overeating etc. - obviously not replacing food entirely) but it's definitely irresponsible of Kim to be promoting it as something to just casually use especially given how many young people follow her. Good thing it's been deleted then ~

+Quote Post
Tawdry Hepburn
post May 16 2018, 06:00 PM
Post #9
I'll find your lips in the street lights
Member No.: 51

I think we all know what her favourite 'appetite suppressant' is...

+Quote Post
Tawdry Hepburn
post May 16 2018, 06:14 PM
Post #10
I'll find your lips in the street lights
Member No.: 51

On a more serious note though, it is a real shame that such painfully stupid (not to mention pointless) people can have a wide-reaching influence on impressionable young people.

This post has been edited by Tawdry Hepburn: May 16 2018, 06:14 PM

+Quote Post
5 Silas Frøkner
post May 16 2018, 07:00 PM
Post #11
Surfing in paradise
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 3,474

This Family is like fire. They will die if starved of the oxygen (publicity) that they crave so much

+Quote Post
Andrew.
post May 16 2018, 07:12 PM
Post #12
So, you must like me for me 🙃
Member No.: 21,161

QUOTE(5 Silas Frøkner @ May 16 2018, 08:00 PM) *
This Family is like fire. They will die if starved of the oxygen (publicity) that they crave so much

But people give them the publicity. They should just be ignored laugh.gif

+Quote Post
JosephAvery
post May 16 2018, 07:12 PM
Post #13
it don't mean shit if you ain't happy though
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 13,530

I'm glad she's receiving controversy for that - it sends the complete wrong message out to young, impressionable people. I don't really have an opinion either way on Kim K but this was poorly thought out. I first saw about it when Jameela Jamil dragged her, and it makes sense considering this is completely against her "I Weigh" campaign - worth checking out on Instagram if you want to be inspired to love yourself.

+Quote Post
T Boy
post May 16 2018, 07:13 PM
Post #14
Radical Pink Troll
Member No.: 177
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Tawdry Hepburn @ May 16 2018, 07:14 PM) *
On a more serious note though, it is a real shame that such painfully stupid (not to mention pointless) people can have a wide-reaching influence on impressionable young people.

This is my big issue. Young people look up to complete idiots these days because they have such a massive platform. We live in a world where we’re constantly giving the message that it’s ok not to be perfect, yet people follow and give time to these morons.

+Quote Post
Jüpiter
post May 16 2018, 08:37 PM
Post #15
you only love me on the internet
Member No.: 22,895
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(T Boy @ May 16 2018, 08:13 PM) *
This is my big issue. Young people look up to complete idiots these days because they have such a massive platform. We live in a world where we’re constantly giving the message that it’s ok not to be perfect, yet people follow and give time to these morons.

Yeah, this is definitely a symptom of the modern era, young people and kids have NEVER had role models adults hated in the past...

+Quote Post
T Boy
post May 17 2018, 06:58 PM
Post #16
Radical Pink Troll
Member No.: 177
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Jüpiter @ May 16 2018, 09:37 PM) *
Yeah, this is definitely a symptom of the modern era, young people and kids have NEVER had role models adults hated in the past...

I don’t know if you’re being flippant or not but it actually is a bigger deal in this modern era. Adults may not have liked the role models for young people in the past but these days these people have much wider reach. Even 10 years ago, most young people weren’t getting this much access to celebrities and their way of life. Social media was just nowhere near as big.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th May 2018 - 12:53 AM