BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Things you were/are scared of, the weirder the better
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Jade
post May 27 2018, 11:33 PM
Post #1
Mrs Brayden Smith <333
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 12,810

VACUUM CLEANERS when younger.

I had a dream where a vacuum cleaner sucked up all my possessions/family members and left me all alone which was TRAUMATISING to a 5 year old. I couldn't even look at the vacuum cleaner in my great grandma's flat for years.

Please tell me I'm not the only one who had/has a weird fear (more normal ones also welcomed)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Bitch
post May 27 2018, 11:35 PM
Post #2
Y'alls worst nightmare
Group: Members
Member No.: 16,660

Mirrors.

After those horror movies and bloody mary stories you won't catch me looking into one when it's dark. Goodbye

Edit: Oh wait it's past tense

Eehm, I was incredibly scared of heights to the point where I couldn't cross a bridge over water cause it scared me. I overcame that for the most part though

+Quote Post
Cqmerqn
post May 27 2018, 11:35 PM
Post #3
Fuego!
Member No.: 23,155
   No Gallery Pics

Netta

+Quote Post
Liаm
post May 27 2018, 11:48 PM
Post #4
Brown cow, stunning!
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 10,139

My sister had a little figure/doll thing of Kanga from Winnie The Pooh that I was terrified of when I was probably about 4 or 5 laugh.gif She used to put it near me or throw it towards me and I was petrified of it.

The best though is my friend who had a major fear of the Nickelodeon blob logo when we were about 5 or 6:rofl: She had a dream it absorbed her house or something and was terrified of it from then on and wouldn't even watch Nickelodeon, plus I remember I had a keyring of the logo and she wouldn't come in my room because it was in there loool

+Quote Post
Jade
post May 27 2018, 11:49 PM
Post #5
Mrs Brayden Smith <333

Also I was scared of that girl in Finding Nemo who killed her fish by shaking the bag

QUOTE(Liаm @ May 28 2018, 12:48 AM) *
The best though is my friend who had a major fear of the Nickelodeon blob logo when we were about 5 or 6:rofl: She had a dream it absorbed her house or something and was terrified of it from then on and wouldn't even watch Nickelodeon, plus I remember I had a keyring of the logo and she wouldn't come in my room because it was in there loool

omg this is incredible laugh.gif

QUOTE(Bitch @ May 28 2018, 12:35 AM) *
Mirrors.

After those horror movies and bloody mary stories you won't catch me looking into one when it's dark. Goodbye

Edit: Oh wait it's past tense

Eehm, I was incredibly scared of heights to the point where I couldn't cross a bridge over water cause it scared me. I overcame that for the most part though

Revised it to present also so mirrors can stay x

Heights are still something I'm super afraid of. Good on you for overcoming it for the most part!

My other main ones are confined spaces (which restricts me so much at concerts), glass lifts as a tangent of heights and spiders (I shake uncontrollably near them, ew)

+Quote Post
JosephAvery
post May 27 2018, 11:55 PM
Post #6
it don't mean shit if you ain't happy though
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 13,530

Oh my god I was a nightmare child as I had a phobia of pretty much everything :') I hated dogs (still not entirely comfortable around them but I'm not scared now), balloons (!) and escalators (!!). Thankfully the last two subsided quite quickly :')

+Quote Post
Jade
post May 27 2018, 11:59 PM
Post #7
Mrs Brayden Smith <333

Balloons laugh.gif I am scared of that BJSC entry 'We Are Balloons' tbh xx

The final weird one I had was being terrified of the scene in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory when August Gloop is stuck in the tube - I cried, ran to the toilet of the cinema and said "mum, if I ever get a golden ticket then I'm NOT GOING!!!" :') I think that scene probably kickstarted my claustrophobia tbh.

+Quote Post
Bitch
post May 28 2018, 12:05 AM
Post #8
Y'alls worst nightmare
Member No.: 16,660

Add ferris wheels, snakes, spiders, sunbeds (final destination anyone?) To my list

+Quote Post
Andrew.
post May 28 2018, 12:11 AM
Post #9
So, you must like me for me 🙃
Member No.: 21,161

Omfg that episode of Tracy Beaker when they told ghost stories mellow.gif Letís just say it didnít take much to scare me x

+Quote Post
Jade
post May 28 2018, 12:15 AM
Post #10
Mrs Brayden Smith <333

QUOTE(Andrew. @ May 28 2018, 01:11 AM) *
Omfg that episode of Tracy Beaker when they told ghost stories mellow.gif Letís just say it didnít take much to scare me x

Rio's Maroon 5 CD going missing is a haunting tale in itself tbh

+Quote Post
Suedehead2
post May 28 2018, 12:18 AM
Post #11
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Admin.
Member No.: 3,272
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(JosephAvery @ May 28 2018, 12:55 AM) *
Oh my god I was a nightmare child as I had a phobia of pretty much everything :') I hated dogs (still not entirely comfortable around them but I'm not scared now), balloons (!) and escalators (!!). Thankfully the last two subsided quite quickly :')

QUOTE(Jade @ May 28 2018, 12:59 AM) *
Balloons laugh.gif I am scared of that BJSC entry 'We Are Balloons' tbh xx

I'd better not post this then.

Oops, I just did sad.gif

+Quote Post
Jade
post May 28 2018, 12:19 AM
Post #12
Mrs Brayden Smith <333

^ That is far more acceptable tbh.

Latest one that has come into my head: the beeping noise a Tamagotchi made when it died

+Quote Post
Andrew.
post May 28 2018, 12:22 AM
Post #13

QUOTE(Jade @ May 28 2018, 01:15 AM) *

And why Justineís massive TV broke ohmy.gif

+Quote Post
bigwiglaf
post May 28 2018, 12:27 AM
Post #14
pop goes the world...
Member No.: 1,426
   No Gallery Pics

I've still got a fear of heights, my mum is deathly afraid of snakes, my girlfriend deathly afraid of bugs....

+Quote Post
ǝʎʞ
post May 28 2018, 12:28 AM
Post #15
ē Aesthetic Party ē
Member No.: 2,169

the dark. the older i'm getting, the more i'm afraid of it!

+Quote Post
Jade
post May 28 2018, 12:31 AM
Post #16
Mrs Brayden Smith <333

QUOTE(Andrew. @ May 28 2018, 01:22 AM) *
And why Justineís massive TV broke ohmy.gif

!

QUOTE(ǝʎʞ @ May 28 2018, 01:28 AM) *
the dark. the older i'm getting, the more i'm afraid of it!

Omg same here, can't believe I forgot to mention this one! It's quite a big problem actually and holds me back a bit. In the Autumn/Winter months I get really anxious about the time/it correlating with darkness and always want to come home early if I'm out. I got a night light a few months ago though so I'm hoping it will help a bit when that time of years rolls around again as I still feel a bit anxious indoors as well. So glad that it doesn't get dark until 9 at the moment.

+Quote Post
Suedehead2
post May 28 2018, 12:34 AM
Post #17
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Admin.
Member No.: 3,272
   No Gallery Pics

I never used to have a problem with heights until I visited Yemen in my early thirties. As part of the trip I had to climb some steps on the edge of a cliff with a huge drop oil the other side. I was absolutely terrified and kept as close to the relative safety of the cliff as I could. Ever since then I have been uneasy with heights unless there has been something between me and the drop. As a child I went near cliff edges lots of times but I can't do that now.

+Quote Post
Andrew.
post May 28 2018, 12:43 AM
Post #18

QUOTE(Suedehead2 @ May 28 2018, 01:34 AM) *
I never used to have a problem with heights until I visited Yemen in my early thirties. As part of the trip I had to climb some steps on the edge of a cliff with a huge drop oil the other side. I was absolutely terrified and kept as close to the relative safety of the cliff as I could. Ever since then I have been uneasy with heights unless there has been something between me and the drop. As a child I went near cliff edges lots of times but I can't do that now.

Iím kind of the opposite, I was so scared of heights when I was young laugh.gif I remember once on a school trip to some adventure place we were doing abseiling and I just couldnít, I was partnered with the teacher (as per usual kink.gif) and we were all roped up and everything and I broke down almost, he had to do it himself ;o Now Iím absolutely fine.

+Quote Post
Dexton
post May 28 2018, 12:45 AM
Post #19
Dexton?
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 25,045
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Jade @ May 28 2018, 08:15 AM) *

Slightly related to this. The sequel to that show The Dumping Ground (i think it was called that) had an episode where a girl climbed up the roof when she was upset and couldnít get down, everyone tried helping her down but she fell and broke her leg of something. I wasnít even that young when I saw it but that HAUNTED me for such a long time because I lived in a house with attic access to the roof :í)

One of my (ex) friends is terrified of balloons too. She came over to my house after my birthday last year but I had to put all the balloons into the spare bedroom because she wouldnít come in the house if they were still around! Apparently itís the constant fear of one popping that tips her over the edge laugh.gif

Things Iíve always been scared of but Iím slowly learning to not cry over:
- Heights (lifts, tall towers, helicopters, ladders)
- Clowns (only the murderous kind, but that phase in late 2016 when gangs of people would dress up in clown outfits and threaten/attack people on the street at night was a living nightmare)
- Birds :í)

+Quote Post
Tombo
post May 28 2018, 12:48 AM
Post #20
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 9,543

I hate frogs and toads, they are horrible and I don't like being near them. I have been scared of them for as long as I can remember and I usually scream if I am near one.

Sometimes when leaves move when I walk down the road, I am scared it is a frog.

I don't mind if they are dead though but I still wouldn't want to go near it.

I ate frog legs on a Scouts trip to France so that was my revenge laugh.gif

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th June 2018 - 08:24 PM