BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> What music do your parents listen to?
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
WhoOdyssey
post Jun 3 2018, 03:43 PM
Post #1
It's not about reciprocation it's just all about me
Group: Members
Member No.: 67,771
   No Gallery Pics

I usually can't stand the music my dad (51) listens to, it's usually 70s and 80s rock (he particularly likes Queen and Jethro Tull). He doesn't listen to a lot of modern music, but I was watching Thirty Seconds to Mars the other day and he said they were 'alright'.

My mum (48) listens to the sort of music middle-aged women listen to, last year she bought albums by The Script, Ed Sheeran and Elbow. She also likes Take That and George Ezra. She's a lot more caught up on modern music than my dad (she watched The X Factor, BGT and The Voice), but usually has never heard of most of the indie bands I listen to.

This post has been edited by WhoOdyssey: Jun 3 2018, 04:03 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Tombo
post Jun 3 2018, 03:48 PM
Post #2
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 9,543

My Dad likes Abba, Boney M, 60s music, Robbie Williams, Status Quo and other various music from throughout the ages. He has recently started buying 50p CDs from the tip and he got himself Robbie Williams, Black Eyed Peas and Nicki Minaj

My Mum likes a mixture too. She likes Rolling Stones, Elvis, Coldplay, Adele And Robbie Williams too. She usually listens to Heart and her most recent album is Sting & Shaggy's duet album. I also got her Robbie's UTR2 for her birthday which she liked.

My Dad is 71 and my Mum is 63

+Quote Post
JosephAvery
post Jun 3 2018, 03:52 PM
Post #3
it don't mean shit if you ain't happy though
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 13,530

My dad likes stuff like Hard-Fi, Arctic Monkeys, etc so it's rare we'll share anything musically but he'll comment that he enjoys the odd song I play in the car (he was enjoying Ciao Adios / Alarm / Rockabye by Anne-Marie last year *_*). My mum likes pretty much any male singer/songwriter LOL. Rag'n'Bone Man, Newton Faulkner and George Ezra are among her faves, and randomly, Rick Astley :')

+Quote Post
cantthinkofaname
post Jun 3 2018, 03:55 PM
Post #4
BuzzJack Enthusiast
Member No.: 12,837
   No Gallery Pics

My dad is a huge Florence + The Machine fan and my mom enjoys her a lot too. Mostly they are both open to new music, maybe more so my mom but I came home one day in March and my dad was watching the youtube playlist for my semi in BJSC 103 because "Youtube suggested it" laugh.gif (he was logged into my account lmao)

This post has been edited by cantthinkofaname: Jun 3 2018, 03:56 PM

+Quote Post
BridgeCow
post Jun 3 2018, 03:56 PM
Post #5
BuzzJack Gold Member
Member No.: 23,860
   No Gallery Pics

My Dads mainly into rock too, kind of anything from 70s til early 00s, bands like Led Zeppelin, Guns N Roses, Kings Of Leon and (ew) Nickelback etc... His number 1 obsession tho is probs Yes, who's music is so shit I cannot even. It's safe to say I don't share my dad's music taste (although he has some weird liking to psytrance which I find hilarious)

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Jun 3 2018, 04:00 PM
Post #6
Brown cow, stunning!
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 10,139

My mum listens to like UB40 and a lot of 80s stuff as well as Scooter randomly laugh.gif She tends not to like whatever modern stuff I play although there's the odd song, she really stans Paradise by George Ezra recently.

+Quote Post
WhoOdyssey
post Jun 3 2018, 04:04 PM
Post #7
It's not about reciprocation it's just all about me
Member No.: 67,771
   No Gallery Pics

My nan was listening to Paradise by George Ezra the other day, that song is spanning generations tongue.gif

+Quote Post
JosephAvery
post Jun 3 2018, 04:06 PM
Post #8
it don't mean shit if you ain't happy though
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 13,530

QUOTE(WhoOdyssey @ Jun 3 2018, 05:04 PM) *
My nan was listening to Paradise by George Ezra the other day, that song is spanning generations tongue.gif

My nan loves George Ezra too! It's very rare you'll hear either of my grandparents raving over anyone particularly current, even though they'll have Radio 2 on for most of the day.

+Quote Post
troublepink
post Jun 3 2018, 04:09 PM
Post #9
Beautiful Trauma
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 590

My dad doesn't really listen to music. However my mum is a HUGE Rod Stewart fan. It was all I heard when I was a kid and I used to hate it so much laugh.gif But now that I'm older I also listen to him, and take my mum to his concerts. She also likes Pink too, so its amazing that we share the same music taste.

+Quote Post
mdh
post Jun 3 2018, 05:09 PM
Post #10
hot pink
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 22,776
   No Gallery Pics

My dad's mostly into the Pet Shop Boys and Erasure, but he doesn't really listen to much music. Mum's a huge Smiths fan, along with Joy Division, New Order, The Cure etc. Recently she's been into George Ezra and Blaenavon, though.

+Quote Post
Queef of Skreech
post Jun 3 2018, 05:40 PM
Post #11
Life is so much queefier than we allow ourselves to think x
Member No.: 18,639
   No Gallery Pics

Jess Glynne and Adele and Sam Smith

+Quote Post
J▲hq
post Jun 3 2018, 06:30 PM
Post #12
i ain't scared no more
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 8,674

My mum has Radio 1 on in the house and in the car and is very down with the kids (she turns 60 next year). Last week she bought the new albums from Shawn Mendes and Charlie Puth and in three weeks we're going to see Taylor Swift together (it'll be at least her third concert of the year after The Vamps and Sam Smith).

+Quote Post
Iz
post Jun 3 2018, 08:09 PM
Post #13
benevolent overlord
Group: Admin.
Member No.: 12,929

My mum is a violin teacher so is very into classical but she also loves ABBA and considers that something we bond on (she reacts with mild bewilderment at my more ‘out there’ taste but thankfully she says she likes Nightwish so I’m letting her live).

Stepdad and dad are both into classic rock, the former, a bit more punk stuff (I believe he used to dress like one though absolutely doesn’t now). My dad is more Pink Floyd and Fleetwood Mac traditional.

+Quote Post
Brett-Butler
post Jun 3 2018, 08:14 PM
Post #14
Howdy, disco citizens.
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 10,455
   No Gallery Pics

My mum likes Daniel O'Donnell & Ed Sheeran.

My dad likes David Bowie, 70s & 80s rock, Abba & Paolo Nutini.

+Quote Post
The Snake
post Jun 3 2018, 08:17 PM
Post #15
Hiss.
Member No.: 23,308
   No Gallery Pics

My mum is mostly into 70s disco, soul and some pop up to this decade even.

My dad is more into classic rock, progressive rock and some newer rock bands too, along with some synthpop too like OMD.

My Dads mainly into rock too, kind of anything from 70s til early 00s, bands like Led Zeppelin, Guns N Roses, Kings Of Leon and (ew) Nickelback etc... His number 1 obsession tho is probs Yes, who's music is so shit I cannot even. It's safe to say I don't share my dad's music taste (although he has some weird liking to psytrance which I find hilarious)

Not a massive fan of Yes, who my dad also listens to, but you do gets bits of their songs that are great. The bit from 1:45 to 4:35 in this is an absolute tune music.gif

This post has been edited by Queef Of Peas: Jun 3 2018, 08:25 PM

+Quote Post
Tawdry Hepburn
post Jun 3 2018, 08:54 PM
Post #16
I'll find your lips in the street lights
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 51

My Dad's favourite artists from what I can tell are Tina Turner, The Eagles, Buddy Holly and Pink Floyd.

He used to get his fix of modern music from watching TOTP every week, but I think he still listens to Radio 2 on occasion. I remember him proclaiming Nelly Furtado's 'I'm Like A Bird', Spiller's 'Groovejet' and Christina Aguilera's 'Beautiful' as "surprisingly good records considering they're modern". laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Cqmerqn
post Jun 3 2018, 08:58 PM
Post #17
Fuego!
Member No.: 23,155
   No Gallery Pics

OP - Your mother has bad music taste ohmy.gif

Luckily, my parents have GOOD music taste. We bop to Fuego.

+Quote Post
Tawdry Hepburn
post Jun 3 2018, 10:30 PM
Post #18
I'll find your lips in the street lights
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 51

QUOTE(Cqmerqn @ Jun 3 2018, 09:58 PM) *
OP - Your mother has bad music taste ohmy.gif

Luckily, my parents have GOOD music taste. We bop to Fuego.

Hold on, you like The Script so you have no room to talk.

+Quote Post
Andrew.
post Jun 3 2018, 10:33 PM
Post #19
So, you must like me for me 🙃
Member No.: 21,161

QUOTE(Tawdry Hepburn @ Jun 3 2018, 09:54 PM) *
My Dad's favourite artists from what I can tell are Tina Turner, The Eagles, Buddy Holly and Pink Floyd.

He used to get his fix of modern music from watching TOTP every week, but I think he still listens to Radio 2 on occasion. I remember him proclaiming Nelly Furtado's 'I'm Like A Bird', Spiller's 'Groovejet' and Christina Aguilera's 'Beautiful' as "surprisingly good records considering they're modern". laugh.gif

My parents are like that if they hear a "current" song they like, they're very much the real music types mellow.gif Kate Bush is like my mother's religion omg.

+Quote Post
Cqmerqn
post Jun 3 2018, 10:33 PM
Post #20
Fuego!
Member No.: 23,155
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Tawdry Hepburn @ Jun 3 2018, 11:30 PM) *
Hold on, you like The Script so you have no room to talk.

Rain is a bop I suppose

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th June 2018 - 01:50 AM