BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Have You Ever Broken Anything Important?
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Have You Ever Broken Anything Important?
You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Total Votes: 10
Guests cannot vote 
Tombo
post Jun 17 2018, 10:03 PM
Post #1
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Group: Members
Member No.: 9,543

Last night I stepped on my laptop in the dark and I didnít realise til this morning I had completely ruined the screen. I was so gutted and will probably be on here less as it is awkward accessing the site from a phone.

My phone also has a ridiculous number of cracks laugh.gif

Have you ever broken anything that is important to you?

My whole life was on that laptop so it sucks that it is broke
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
lotita.
post Jun 17 2018, 10:03 PM
Post #2
feminist icon
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 21,777

i once spilt a glass of wine on my macbook and it broke

+Quote Post
Cqmerqn
post Jun 17 2018, 10:14 PM
Post #3
Fuego!
Member No.: 23,155
   No Gallery Pics

Itís not too bad on phone.

I use my phone all the time for Buzzjack - never use laptop/iPad.

I also broke my laptop a couple years back due to stepping on it. Never bothered getting it fixed.

+Quote Post
Doctor Blind
post Jun 17 2018, 10:15 PM
Post #4
#38BBE0 otherwise known as 'sky blue'
Member No.: 7,561
   No Gallery Pics

This is a sore subject for me right now because the other night I managed to kick my leg out of bed and make a hole in the wall.

Anyway I mean I don't really care for the wall that much beyond its ability to keep out the cold and the rain (even though its an internal wall), I spend most of my life taking it for granted and not really noticing it being there at all. My landlord is less ambivalent about it !

I am quite accident prone though and have knocked over and smashed various mugs (sometimes with coffee in them) and my phone has been dropped more times than Lisa Scott-Lee but still soldiers on... my iPod though - it's a classic 160GB from a decade ago and I guard it with my life and place it in a very protective cover, despite it going with me everywhere for 10 years it hasn't even a scratch and still works perfectly. If that got damaged I think I would be very upset!

+Quote Post
Jade
post Jun 17 2018, 10:33 PM
Post #5
Mrs Brayden Smith <333
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 12,810

I accidentally smashed my teacher's beloved mug that had been made for her by a student and the whole class erupted into a collective gasp. My teacher went absolutely mad even though it was an accident, I never liked her anyway x

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Jun 17 2018, 10:37 PM
Post #6
Brown cow, stunning!
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 10,139

I did similar to my old laptop except it was like on my bed and I kind of put my weight on my hands to stand up and put my hand on the screen accidentally and broke it but it pushed me to get a new one so every cloud I guess rotf.gif

+Quote Post
Jack
post Jun 17 2018, 10:43 PM
Post #7
BuzzJack Legend
Member No.: 223

I once spilt coco pops & milk on my laptop and smoke started to come out of it :')

+Quote Post
5 Silas FrÝkner
post Jun 17 2018, 10:58 PM
Post #8
Surfing in paradise
Member No.: 3,474

My leg & ankle, simultaneously, is probably the most important thing Iíve broken given that I couldnít walk for 6 weeks! Iím so f***ing clumsy

Iíve broken one phone screen, but it was more a crack in the glass than damage to the actual screen below. I was close to the end of my contract at the time so I just battled on until I could switch it

+Quote Post
JŁpiter
post Jun 18 2018, 01:45 AM
Post #9
she works really hard for her money
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 22,895
   No Gallery Pics

Tombo if it's just the screen things on it might be salvageable as all the information and files etc. will be on the hard drive which should be in the bottom part and should be removable on their own. My good friend broke her laptop screen right off! but was still able to use it by connecting it to an external monitor.

To answer the question I have broken some ornaments of my parents and felt absolutely terrible both times. One was a glass plate hanging on the wall that I caught with my arm when putting a coat on and another was a hanging ornament that I grabbed to save myself from smacking my head on the taps when I fell over in the shower! I really hate breaking things sad.gif

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Jun 18 2018, 01:52 AM
Post #10
Brown cow, stunning!
Member No.: 10,139

Yeah I could have got mine fixed for I think sth like £60 or just use an external monitor if I didn't get a new one so it's not totally broken tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Dexton
post Jun 18 2018, 02:26 AM
Post #11
Dexton?
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 25,045
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Tombo @ Jun 18 2018, 06:03 AM) *
Last night I stepped on my laptop in the dark and I didnít realise til this morning I had completely ruined the screen. I was so gutted and will probably be on here less as it is awkward accessing the site from a phone.

My whole life was on that laptop so it sucks that it is broke

Legit this. My laptop is my life and whenever something goes bad my life quite literally flashes before my eyes.

The worst thing Iíve ever done was spill a pot noodle on my laptop. It wasnít just a drop either, the entire pot noodle spilled onto my keyboard, slipping under each key and inside each USB port etc. I was foolish enough to think ďman Iíll just wipe it and itíll be fineĒ, so I wiped it, dried it, vacuumed it a bit to get any chicken noodle escapees and carried on doing my thing. It worked fine for about half an hour then BOOM itís dead. Completely dead. Pretty sure I cried myself to sleep that night it was horrific

+Quote Post
Kris Erah
post Jul 10 2018, 12:28 AM
Post #12
New Entry
Member No.: 73,687
   No Gallery Pics

had a bad night out and, sort of, kicked a window to a store. had to pay for it, it was quit a lot. I try not to think about it actually.

+Quote Post
BridgeCow
post Jul 10 2018, 04:54 PM
Post #13
BuzzJack Gold Member
Member No.: 23,860
   No Gallery Pics

Iíve done the exact same with my laptop, multiple times tbh but luckily the screen has never actually cracked, the touchscreen doesnít work, the Ďyí key fell off (though that wasnít actually my fault) and thereís a huge dent in the corner, but itís still living thankfully. Iíve smashed my phone screen multiple times tho... Itís so broken rn that I canít even take off my case Cus the screen is falling off lmao, thereís a £10 in there that Iím never gonna be able to get to sad.gif

When I was younger I broke this statue thing at my friends house, the head of it fell off but I just kinda balanced it on top, when the mum saw that it was broken she blamed the dog and locked him outside... I still feel bad :/

+Quote Post
Andrew.
post Jul 10 2018, 05:04 PM
Post #14
ducking quueb
Member No.: 21,161

when I was like 15 I was 'dancing' to a song with my headphones on and getting really into it and smashed a small lamp ABOVE my bed with my foot :')

+Quote Post
AuraMasterCody
post Jul 10 2018, 05:11 PM
Post #15
I JUST HAD A VISION
Member No.: 21,308
   No Gallery Pics

my sanity

+Quote Post
JAKE
post Jul 10 2018, 05:21 PM
Post #16
jenny from human resources
Member No.: 47

my bjsc qualifying streak

+Quote Post
Andrew.
post Jul 10 2018, 05:24 PM
Post #17
ducking quueb
Member No.: 21,161

QUOTE(JAKE @ Jul 10 2018, 06:21 PM) *
my bjsc qualifying streak

I wish I'd ever had a streak of more than one to break :'( (give points to Love the Lie)

+Quote Post
T Boy
post Jul 10 2018, 07:05 PM
Post #18
Radical Pink Troll
Member No.: 177
   No Gallery Pics

My sister and I, aged 3 and 2, smashed a fish tank.

+Quote Post
dandy*
post Jul 10 2018, 07:27 PM
Post #19
Mansonette
Member No.: 54
   No Gallery Pics

I honestly don't think I have... or at least I can't recall anything at all right now.

I'm one of those people who just looks after things I guess and I'm not at all clumsy so don't have any accidents, I've definitely never broken anything of value and have certainly never dropped any of my phones or damaged a laptop etc. Mr D* has broken a picture of mine before and also stood on my floor bowl and snapped it in half - it was so annoying!

I always have looked after things, my clothes as a child always used to last me forever and pretty much still looked brand new for months on end and I'm still like that now - I spent a lot of today throwing out old clothes from the wardrobes that I've kept because they seemed too nice still to throw out but I've had to accept I won't realistically wear them again and someone else might so off to the charity shop they're going - Mr D* laughed when he got home as there were twelve large charity bags full outside the door. laugh.gif

This post has been edited by dandy*: Jul 10 2018, 07:28 PM

+Quote Post
dandy*
post Jul 10 2018, 07:30 PM
Post #20
Mansonette
Member No.: 54
   No Gallery Pics

Oh I did break my arm on the one occasion I tried to play football. I guess that counts.

I didn't get my football outfit muddy though.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th July 2018 - 12:53 PM