BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Leaving things to the last minute!, A procrastinator’s thread
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
awardinary
post Jun 17 2018, 11:36 PM
Post #1
The Navigator
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 21,587
   No Gallery Pics

I myself am often one to park “things to do” for a pile of homework for some other convenient time, anything from responding to the mail, making a phone call or doing stuff on BuzzJack too. I know ones can relate to this as I often nag people when a deadline is approaching, not because I am cross at them, but that I want them not to miss out and I value their input.

But whatever the case, we are all guilty of this habit of leaving things to the last minute when it is almost too late to act.

A rhetorical question of course but why do we do it? Why do we put ourselves through the potential stress and anxiety of having to rush something that might be quite important when time is almost up and someone may be waiting on our response...

I guess this will be one of life’s questions that never gets answered, but for as long as we live people will always leave things to the last minute rather than getting things done with time to spare.

If anyone can relate to this or has tips or suggestions on how to overcome it please share.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Mattias
post Jun 18 2018, 04:40 PM
Post #2
the elusive Q.
Group: Members
Member No.: 7,132
   No Gallery Pics

I might comment on this later!

+Quote Post
Tawdry Hepburn
post Jun 18 2018, 07:26 PM
Post #3
I'll find your lips in the street lights
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 51

I'm so bad at this that my parents nicknamed me "lastminute.com". No joke.

This post has been edited by Tawdry Hepburn: Jun 18 2018, 07:30 PM

+Quote Post
BridgeCow
post Jun 18 2018, 07:32 PM
Post #4
BuzzJack Gold Member
Member No.: 23,860
   No Gallery Pics

Well I’ve had since Friday afternoon to revise for this exam tommorow and I’m just starting to revise now so...

This post has been edited by BridgeCow: Jun 18 2018, 07:32 PM

+Quote Post
WhoOdyssey
post Jun 18 2018, 07:44 PM
Post #5
Take it easy for a little while, come and stay with us
Member No.: 67,771
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Tawdry Hepburn @ Jun 18 2018, 08:26 PM) *
I'm so bad at this that my parents nicknamed me "lastminute.com". No joke.

Is your mum Alexandra Burke?

https://twitter.com/incrediblyrich/status/761250535970308097

+Quote Post
Tawdry Hepburn
post Jun 18 2018, 09:26 PM
Post #6
I'll find your lips in the street lights
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 51

QUOTE(WhoOdyssey @ Jun 18 2018, 08:44 PM) *

When I met her a few years ago, I did actually ask her if she is. She said she's not, but I always had a sneaky suspicion.

+Quote Post
Riser
post Jun 19 2018, 02:54 AM
Post #7
It was only a mountain
Member No.: 19,534

This is my life. And I always work best under that last-minute pressure which only reinforces the habit.

+Quote Post
Jade
post Jun 19 2018, 09:58 PM
Post #8
Mrs Brayden Smith <333
Member No.: 12,810

I used to be the world's worst for this but somehow managed to discipline myself in third year of Uni to actually change my ways?? I set myself a goal at the start of the year to hand everything in at least a day early and I stuck to it with everything except my dissertation, but I was just being ultra cautious and submitting that 6 hours early is still a feat in itself, right? kink.gif so all I can recommend from personal experience is setting yourself little goals like that. A day early is a pretty good target because then you don't have to be rushed when checking over things. Sometimes being ultra rigid with discipline is counterproductive because it stresses you out when you don't meet that self-imposed deadline exactly (which is why rigid revision timetables don't work for me), but hopefully something as flexible as a whole day could work. Idk, just having a clear target to work for is good for organisation and hopefully motivation will follow. Last year I left printing a magazine off until the last day and it caused me so much unnecessary stress, I managed my time far more effectively this year and had it printed off a day early so that extra stress was eradicated. I can totally get why people do this, it often feels so much easier to bury your head in the sand for a while (heck I was like this with work experience) so you can relax for the meantime and worry about things later. But it's so much better to sort it out early, then you get rid of all that time worrying and can just chill your mind instead knowing you've sorted it out!

+Quote Post
PeteFromLeeds
post Jun 20 2018, 09:20 AM
Post #9
How's the mumzy?
Member No.: 23,247
   No Gallery Pics

Generally not, I like planning out my work in advance. Although with exams going on, this has certainly been the case for the millions of Buzzjack contests that have sprouted up around the forum kink.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th July 2018 - 01:15 AM