BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Starting new things, do you take action around this much?
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Mattias
post Jun 28 2018, 11:43 AM
Post #1
the elusive Q.
Group: Members
Member No.: 7,132
   No Gallery Pics

I was thinking about this and thought I'd throw the question out there to see. Points to consider: Do you ever find yourself in a rut of the same routine and then make a choice to actively start engaging in a new hobby for the heck of it, a new activity, project, style, maybe trying to find new people, perhaps a new course / job and so on? How often do you start a new TV show, or how often do you trawl through a new intriguing artist's discography?

I should be doing this wayy more at the moment I think, as I always enjoy it when I actually actively feed my adventurous side. I often do say things like "I'm going to find a new show to watch" but it doesn't always materialize and I've got no one else to blame but myself kink.gif I do find new artists to listen to fairly often and I've been going to new places more, but in general I don't think I've gained a new major interest in a while ohmy.gif wbu? xx
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jade
post Jun 28 2018, 01:49 PM
Post #2
Mrs Brayden Smith <333
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 12,810

This topic is so relevant to me right now that it's insane... I was pouring my heart out to Bray about this very subject last night laugh.gif it's been a month since my last University exam and I was starting to find myself stuck in a rut while I've been home alone so much. I have already made a slight change to my daily routine - actual exercise kink.gif I usually have a run on the treadmill every day as I've been wanting to lose weight and become more fit. It's going well so far, I find that exercising puts me in a really good mood afterwards and I've lost half a stone with the combination of that and cutting out snacks. But I feel like I've been seriously lacking a creative outlet now that I don't have Uni work to do. I don't want to be in that position because I feel like this period between finishing University (still need to graduate as well and that's still a month away) and getting a full-time job has the potential to drive me crazy. So I think I'm going to take up a summer project of creating a YouTube channel and uploading whatever I want to it. I was toying with blogging again but I've done that before and I want to try something brand new. It has been something that I've wanted to do for years but never had the confidence to take on. But now I care far less about what people think of me and my skills have improved a lot through University. I've done so much TV and Radio work that I'm used to the sound of my own voice now. So yes I am definitely someone who craves a brand new project now and again and I'll usually put my all into it. I also really want to read more over the summer and possibly re-teach myself a lot of Spanish because I miss being fluent. I've gotta be careful with money at the moment so I'm trying to embrace these ideas that won't cost much.

(Also I definitely have the urge to delve into an artist's discography from time to time, I'm always switching it up with music for sure!)

+Quote Post
Riser
post Jun 29 2018, 01:53 AM
Post #3
It was only a mountain
Member No.: 19,534

Same here, I feel like I don't have a lot of interests at the moment. There was a period a few years ago where I tried a handful of potential new hobbies - the main ones were golf, yoga and cycling and there were others that I don't remember. Cycling is the only one I've stuck with but that's better than nothing! I typically don't go out of my way to try things so I just do my best to keep an open mind and occasionally take an opportunity as it arises.

The one thing I do try on a regular basis is new restaurants! (But not new foods lol x)

+Quote Post
Mattias
post Jun 29 2018, 12:52 PM
Post #4
the elusive Q.
Group: Members
Member No.: 7,132
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Jade @ Jun 28 2018, 02:49 PM) *
So I think I'm going to take up a summer project of creating a YouTube channel and uploading whatever I want to it.

This is cool! You're already halfway there, what with the BJSC recap videos and the one you posted in the Lounge about how you hold a pen. kink.gif (tru fav ofc x) I'd watch them if you'd be open to that. I watch quite a bit of YouTube and just like you, I've been curious about having my own channel where I can talk about things that interest me or maybe random thoughts or insights that pop into my head during my day but I think I'd be too self-conscious still haha, so good on you for getting over that! I did used to have a small handful of videos of myself up (album reviews, for instance) but I just cringed at them being up there for the world to view haha, despite them having some fairly okay content I'd say.

And omg haha @ the topic being so relevant to you at the moment - really came at the right time for at least one poster then, funny how things happen.

+Quote Post
Brett-Butler
post Jun 29 2018, 01:29 PM
Post #5
Howdy, disco citizens.
Member No.: 10,455
   No Gallery Pics

Definitely. I've decided to make my own homemade marshmallow gin, just for the fun of it.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th July 2018 - 02:51 PM