BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> IMPACT
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Mattias
post Jun 30 2018, 07:20 PM
Post #1
the elusive Q.
Group: Members
Member No.: 7,132
   No Gallery Pics

Hello.

I don't wish to unnecessarily make this thread overly negative or saddening for anyone but to tell you the truth, the 'moving country' thread did make me have a bit of a... moment. You could say it had an IMPACT on me tongue.gif I felt for a bit that I wanted to talk about it with someone face-to-face, but I live by myself and there isn't much outside choice at the moment either. Maybe in a few days. So basically I wanted to ask you to give examples of things that have had a major impact on your life. Like I suggested, hopefully you can think of something positive. But if you're okay with going ~deep and dark~, that's fine. I'm just interested to see the range of things that can have an impact on people.

I would say the biggest, most obvious event that has impacted my life was in fact moving country which I talked about in that thread. Someone I know even said that it must have been a "karmic" event for me kink.gif I changed a lot around that time, I became more withdrawn, for instance, and I don't think it's a coincidence.

You?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
lotita.
post Jun 30 2018, 07:36 PM
Post #2
feminist icon
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 21,777

love this thread! time for essaytita

one of the most positive impacts in my life was starting to work at 16. i have bust my f***ing ass throughout the last 4 years working alongside studying but i'm so grateful for it because it means i have been able to pay my own way throughout most things since moving out which i'm rlly rlly proud of. i've also been given some incredible opportunities throughout my retail jobs as well, so despite not having the chance to gain much work experience thru internships etc, i've been able to gain experience elsewhere so i'm not TOO terrified at career prospects post-graduation, it'll just be about finding the field i actually want to end up in!!

another important IMPAKT for me was my decision to go on the german exchange when i was younger, it sounds corny as heck but honestly it really did ignite my love for languages, and i wouldn't be where i am today without those trips. i was just lucky to have such a wonderful host family who tookme in straight away and made me fall in love with the country <3 (unlike my french exchange, first family was great but following two were sooo awkward). funnily enough the town i'm moving to, is a university town where most of the ppl from that exchange trip study !! i'd probably be pursuing dentistry or fashion design (i had diverse interests as a teen) if i hadnt gone onto those trips. not that there is anything wrong with EITHER or those... it's just slightly different to what i've ended up doing??

+Quote Post
lotita.
post Jun 30 2018, 07:37 PM
Post #3
feminist icon
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 21,777

i've literally had two weeks off work and i'm already so mopey and reflective, i'm such a workaholic help

+Quote Post
Lindsey 🙃
post Jun 30 2018, 10:29 PM
Post #4
low-key, no pressure, just hang with me and my weather
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 21,176
   No Gallery Pics

Moving away for uni for sure, I've spoken about that before with various things because it has impacted every part of my life. In a way i feel like that's when my life really started to begin as I made amazing friends at uni, found my own independence by living alone and being in a town where I knew nobody, it really made me self reflect a lot more about the person I am/want to be and where I fit into tje grand scheme of things so yea I owe a lot to that opportunity, ive gone through some amount of shit in the past few years too but its the positives that tend to stick and make the real impact tbh

+Quote Post
Queef of Skreech
post Jul 1 2018, 12:24 AM
Post #5
Life is so much queefier than we allow ourselves to think x
Group: Members
Member No.: 18,639
   No Gallery Pics

#IMPAKT!!!!!

+Quote Post
Jüpiter
post Jul 1 2018, 09:40 AM
Post #6
you only love me on the internet
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 22,895
   No Gallery Pics

In terms of positive impact the therapy I started in 2014 (my second run at it) and finished in 2015 was a real turning point in my life. It was by total chance I got onto it as well as I overhead the free sessions were being offered by the place I got it at, from a conversation a few people were having a table over from me one day, literally strangers that I didn't know and never interacted with.

Anyway it definitely affected my whole outlook and helped me become a calmer person and someone better able to deal with a lot of things. You don't know really until you look into it how many people 'neglect' their emotional/mental development by just muddling through it because it's not something most people ever really actively learn in a structured way. Not to say that most people can't cope, but it's shocking how much you can improve and get in tune with yourself if you just have someone to direct you what to work on and how to improve it. It's like getting a powerup or a boost in a game.

+Quote Post
Riser
post Jul 1 2018, 07:37 PM
Post #7
It was only a mountain
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 19,534

I can think of two things and they both involve my brothers. The impact of having a brother with disabilities and watching him grow up has been nothing short of profound on me and my family, and anyone who knows him really. Today is in fact his 22nd birthday, a major accomplishment for someone who wasn't expected to live past 3, and despite not being able to walk, eat, or support himself in any way, he is the happiest person I know, and has taught me so much about how to treat others, appreciating my own abilities and putting my own problems into perspective.

The other one was when my twin brother moved across the country 5 years ago, which was a major adjustment after we'd done almost everything together for 22 years. It turned out to be a huge positive as it allowed me to finally become my own person and be seen by others as such (rather than 'one of the twins'), and I never realized how important that would be. But it was also a huge struggle and I'm still dealing with some loneliness and other issues. Overall though it's been a bigger benefit than I could've imagined and it's nice to finally not be called by my brother's name laugh.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th July 2018 - 04:55 PM