BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Understanding Your Sexuality, How Did You Make Sense Of Yours
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Tombo
post Jul 4 2018, 05:51 PM
Post #1
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Group: Members
Member No.: 9,543

Lately Iíve been feeling confused as to whether I am gay or bi as Iíve had some feelings for women and I kinda wanna experience being with a woman again

But generally my male attraction is a lot stronger

I think homoflexible bisexual describes me, that label seems to feel right right now

Maybe I should just try not to put a label on it, my brain really wants to know though 😂

How did you make sense of your sexuality?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Lindsey 🙃
post Jul 5 2018, 10:33 AM
Post #2
low-key, no pressure, just hang with me and my weather
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 21,176
   No Gallery Pics

Bisexuality is such a hard thing to make sense of because it's so broad and there's so many different ways to experience it, like my definition of what it means to me probably wont be the same for you etc. For me, I just took it at it's simplest definition of being attrached to multiple genders. Some people who feel that way may also use pansexual or even just queer or might want to identify as gay because similarly to queer, gay can also be an umbrella term. You can be bisexual and have a much stronger preference for one gender over another. You could be attracted to men and women but only ever want to date men, you could have an experience with a woman once and never again and still be bisexual. There's no right or wrong way to be bi, as long as its a label you feel represents you and you want to use it then you totally can. I think there's a lot of stigmas around bisexuality that make bi people question whether they're "too straight" or "too gay" to be bisexual and they'd be as well just identifying as one of those options, which they can of they want if its a better fit but theres no such thing as being too straight or gay to be bi as bisexuality is its own thing.

Idk if this will help but even of your attractions are different for men and woman, ie you're maybe more sexually attracted to women but more romantically attracted to men, you can still be bi. I know personally it feels different for me if I like a guy over a girl but then attraction can differ from person to person in general, regardless of your sexuality.

But like you said, you don't need to label yourself as any thing if you dont want to but sometimes it helps if you can find a term that describes you well and that you feel comfortable with.

It took me a while to figure out what I was but my breakthrough came when I understood the different types of attraction, oe romantic/sexual/platonic/aesthetic and realised that above anything, when it comes to relationships its the romantic aspect that trumps everything and I would be happy enough to be in a romantic relationship with guys or girls, it doesn't really matter to me because its more about the person rather than their gender.

+Quote Post
Tombo
post Jul 5 2018, 01:52 PM
Post #3
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Group: Members
Member No.: 9,543

Thank you for all of that Lindsey smile.gif

I have definitely gone through phases of feeling Ďtoo gayí to be bi but even in those periods Iíve still known there were some bisexual elements to it.

I really appreciate your post ❤️

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th July 2018 - 12:47 PM