BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Celebrities you've met, or so-called celebrities :D
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Mattias
post Jul 4 2018, 07:58 PM
Post #1
the elusive Q.
Group: Members
Member No.: 7,132
   No Gallery Pics

...or seen walking down the street etc. (I seem to remember someone randomly walked past PJ Harvey? jealous lmao)

I don't feel as tho this thread has happened lately, so here's one. I'm not the biggest celeb gossip person etc and they're "just people" after all but it would be nice to have a chat with someone famous in my lifetime. I haven't met any that I can think of lmao. How excite. Admiring from afar at gigs seems to be my fate with these things. Actually I do remember when I was a kid, my mum's friend said to me in a bus stop that there is a famous (by Estonian standards) Estonian actress standing there at the bus stop. I didn't really believe her and thought she was trying to pull my leg but now I'm thinking maybe it really was her. What about yourself? jump.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Mack.
post Jul 4 2018, 08:00 PM
Post #2
The sports fanatic
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 12,915
   No Gallery Pics

Cher Lloyd at school.

+Quote Post
Jüpiter
post Jul 4 2018, 08:04 PM
Post #3
she works really hard for her money
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 22,895
   No Gallery Pics

What was she like? ohmy.gif

+Quote Post
Mack.
post Jul 4 2018, 08:11 PM
Post #4
The sports fanatic
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Jüpiter @ Jul 4 2018, 09:04 PM) *
What was she like? ohmy.gif

She was all right this was back 12 years ago. She took part in my high schools X Factor and won with a cover of 'Hero' by Mariah Carey and then she apparently got expelled. She was in a fight which I saw.

+Quote Post
Mattias
post Jul 4 2018, 08:21 PM
Post #5
the elusive Q.
Member No.: 7,132
   No Gallery Pics

I didn't meet them but I thought of two brief online interactions - Adam Young (Owl City) responded to a tweet of mine at a Q & A once (it was a hilarious moment) and Ecca Vandal (of Deandria's BJSC DNQ "fame") responded to my comment on FB. That was a sweet moment.

+Quote Post
Popchartfreak
post Jul 4 2018, 08:24 PM
Post #6
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 17,376
   No Gallery Pics

loads. There's only one I made a cuppa tea for though. Jeremy Beadle. (Young people will need to google...)

+Quote Post
Qween
post Jul 4 2018, 08:27 PM
Post #7
Miss Rodham, if you're nasty
Group: Veteran
Member No.: 11,709

Patrick Stewart is probably THE ONE (I've met him twice, once was at a convention though so is sort of a cheat, the other was after a play)
LOCAL STAR CHEF Jenny Bristow
Eamon Holmes

To be fair, I've met so many at conventions, the likes of Jeri Ryan, Walter Koenig, Kate Mulgrew etc

+Quote Post
JosephAvery
post Jul 4 2018, 08:32 PM
Post #8
it don't mean shit if you ain't happy though
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 13,530

Using "celebrity" quite loosely, I have photos with the following:

Anne-Marie
Austin Corini (The Tide, met 2 times)
Benjamin Ingrosso
Brad Simpson (The Vamps, met 5 times)
Connor Ball (The Vamps, met 6 times)
Drew Dirksen (The Tide / O.D.L., met 3 times)
Emily Middlemas
Felix Sandman
James Graham (Stereo Kicks)
James McVey (The Vamps, met 4 times)
Joel Adams (BJSC artist of mine, had a UK #50 hit in 2016 with Please Don't Go)
Josh Taylor (The Hara, also The Tide's support act)
Lauren Aquilina
Levi Jones (The Tide / O.D.L., met 3 times)
Lewis Watson (BJSC artist of mine)
Luke Friend
Manel Navarro
Michael Schulte
Nate Parker (The Tide, met 2 times)
Ryan Lawrie (twice)
Saint Raymond
Tom Odell
Tristan Evans (The Vamps, met 5 times)

I've also very briefly met Jack Avery, Jonah Marais and Zach Herron from Why Don't We but there wasn't time for a photo with any of them. Twinnie Lee Moore (Porsche McQueen in Hollyoaks) was stood behind me at a Lucie Silvas gig a couple of years ago but I didn't pluck up the courage to say hi laugh.gif MNEK was two seats away from me at Mariah Carey's London gig two years ago, he was bopping so hard to Emotions (as anyone should). Nicole Scherzinger served me at the bar when Ryan Lawrie performed a gig during his time on X Factor *____* And for the most random, Nina Wadia (Zainab Masood) walked past me once *.*

I was a few metres away from Shawn Mendes just over a month ago and he waved in my direction, but I'll be getting a professional VIP photo with him next April wub.gif I'll also be meeting Holland Roden, Shelley Hennig, Dylan Sprayberry, Andrew Matarazzo, Ryan Kelley and Ian Bohen (plus one more to be confirmed) from Teen Wolf at a convention in October!!

(anyone would think I'm a stalker looking at this lmao)

+Quote Post
Jay ☆
post Jul 4 2018, 09:25 PM
Post #9
"Jayrusaleminians" - Umi.
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 3,217

Sam Sparro outside of G-A-Y in 2008! I was drunk, I don't remember what he was like... kink.gif

The Saturdays on five occasions, if I remember correctly! Once outside Manchester Trafford Centre in 2008, twice at gay clubs in 2008, and two meet and greets in 2009 and 2014. They were so lovely each time, and even in 2014 they remembered me by name even though I'd not seen them for 5 years! ohmy.gif

Girls Aloud at a book signing in 2008. It was very brief and unfortunately four of them barely acknowledged me, so that was very disappointing. Thankfully Nadine was lovely wub.gif )

Katy Perry at a meet and greet in 2009! heart.gif The venue I met her at was Birmingham O2 Academy, so very intimate in comparison to the arenas she'd go on to tour. The meet and greet felt very informal, she was mingling and chatting to us like we were old friends laugh.gif I remember she snapped at one fan though, I can't clearly recall why but I think she was bothered by him touching her? Which made me feel relieved that she'd be

Melanie C at a meet and greet, last year - a dream come true for me to meet a Spice Girl! I've never been more nervous to meet somebody, but she was so friendly and chatty that she put me at ease quickly immediately.

I met Thomas Law (EastEnders), Sam Jackson (Skins) & Gerard McCarthy (Hollyoaks) in 2015 (they were in the Beautiful Thing theatre production).

~~~

Pretty certain that's it!

+Quote Post
Cqmerqn
post Jul 4 2018, 09:33 PM
Post #10
Fuego!
Member No.: 23,155
   No Gallery Pics

Saw Perri from Diversity once in H&M lol

+Quote Post
Mack.
post Jul 4 2018, 09:36 PM
Post #11
The sports fanatic
   No Gallery Pics

The late John Noakes who told me to f*** off when I asked for his autograph.

A children's actor who played PC Plum in Balamory. Andrew Agnew
Also: John McCririck

+Quote Post
Chez Wombat
post Jul 4 2018, 09:39 PM
Post #12
The owls are not what they seem
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 9,232
   No Gallery Pics

I had a photo taken with the Veronicas after my sister won tickets to a meet and greet and recording session at Capital FM studios and took me as she needed to be accompanied by someone 18+ *. I mean I did like that one song from them so it was very meaningful x

+Quote Post
Brett-Butler
post Jul 4 2018, 09:46 PM
Post #13
Howdy, disco citizens.
Member No.: 10,455
   No Gallery Pics

I sat beside Gary Lightbody of Snow Patrol at a gig. Doing the normal thing one does when you are sitting beside a musician you admire, I sent him a Tweet telling him I enjoyed his music. I didn't get talking to him.

Also met Brett Anderson of Suede last year, which was a lifetime dream, and met Pendulum at a meet-and-greet after one of their gigs.

+Quote Post
Tawdry Hepburn
post Jul 4 2018, 10:06 PM
Post #14
I'll find your lips in the street lights
Member No.: 51

Kylie Minogue
Sophie Ellis-Bextor
Carly Rae Jepsen
The Veronicas
Diana Vickers
Alexandra Burke
Sam Smith
Jamie Oliver
Will Mellor
Gok Wan

That's all I can think of off the top of my head right now.

This post has been edited by Tawdry Hepburn: Jul 4 2018, 10:07 PM

+Quote Post
Dobbo
post Jul 4 2018, 10:35 PM
Post #15
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 20,053
   No Gallery Pics

Phil Taylor & Michael Van Gerwen.

I also shared a lift with Paula Radcliffe in a hotel, she was rather irked I was using it when I was on the first floor laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Jul 4 2018, 10:43 PM
Post #16
Brown cow, stunning!
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 10,139

Not sure there has really been any worth shouting about, I think the *one* I've actually MET (and using "celeb" VERY loosely) is Jack from Big Brother 2015 as he comes from where I go to uni, he was in the club we go to and I was so drunk I was like "OH MY GOD IT'S JACK FROM BIG BROTHER!11!1!" and got my friend to take a picture despite the fact he is a contender for my least fave HM ever laugh.gif

I've seen Georgia Taylor (Toyah from Corrie) in Cabot Cricus years ago, must have been when she was in Casualty, and Sophie Ellis-Bextor at a Charli XCX concert, the pinnacle though was walking past Grace from BB7 of "get Grace out" and throwing water over Susie fame in Plymouth while I was doing my weekly shop *_* There are probably others if we think of just walking past or seeing them but icr

+Quote Post
Dexton
post Jul 5 2018, 01:46 AM
Post #17
Dexton?
Member No.: 25,045
   No Gallery Pics

I saw Dan Ewing (Heath from Home and Away) in the airport in 2016 once laugh.gif He was seeing his dad off on the plane or something because he didn’t fly, but we did end up flying on the same flight as his dad tongue.gif

My mum worked at the check-in counters at Leeds-Bradford airport back in the day too, so she has photos with the Emmerdale cast, Chuckle Brothers, and a couple of others I can’t remember

+Quote Post
SKepner
post Jul 5 2018, 05:42 AM
Post #18
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 20,182

Marina Diamandis (2012) was my first proper one I think. She was lovely but my picture with her is awful! The Saturdays (2014) M&G was lovely as Mollie was an absolute dream. Few lesser known include Foxes, The Shires, Ward Thomas, Rhys Lewis and running into Jeremy Corbyn in Wetherspoons Victoria laugh.gif

+Quote Post
troublepink
post Jul 5 2018, 07:17 AM
Post #19
Beautiful Trauma
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 590

I've met:
Most of Pink's band/dancers... some of them even recognised me and came up to me on her last tour laugh.gif
Pink - 2009 in London. It was crazy busy but I managed to speak to her and she signed my arm. The paparazzi ruined my photo with her, but luckily I found a pap photo of me with her online a few weeks later
Ozzy Osbourne - 2009 at a book signing, sadly no photo
Sharon Osbourne - 2010 at a book signing.. got a photo, but Mrs O's eyes are half closed!
Katie Price - 2009 at a book signing... don't know why I bothered, she turned up late and didn't even bother to look at me while she signed my book
Butch Walker - 2010, 2012, 2015... all after his gigs, got photos and lots of signed stuff.
Bowling For Soup - various years at their gigs with meet and greet plus photos heart.gif
William Roach - 2010 (I think??) at a book signing with photo
Billy Connolly - 2012 after his show in Blackpool. A handful of us were waiting outside of the venue carpark for him, as he was driving out of the car park he noticed us and got out of his car to speak to us. Such a lovely guy, got a photo, signed program and a kiss on the cheek! laugh.gif
Phil Taylor - used to shop in my old store back in Stoke laugh.gif
Phil X - 2013, guitarist currently playing with Bon Jovi in place of Richie Sambora. Randomly bumped into him in Manchester the day after their gig.
A1, Five, 911, Gareth Gates and the rest of the Big Reunion boy bands. Got a group photo with some, and signed stuff from the others.
Lucy and Trip Hazard from BGT at a pet show.
'Streetcat Bob' and James at a pet show.
Jodi Picolt at a book signing in - I think - 2009. No photo, but she said I was cute laugh.gif

Haven't met, but deserve a mention: tongue.gif
Saw the Queen leaving Buckingham Palace in 2010
Saw Rihanna leaving a hotel in Manchester in 2013
Held Richie Sambora's guitar, stood with Jon Bon Jovi's mic stand and stood on their stage in 2011
Saw Elton John leave a venue and get into his helicopter

+Quote Post
Jack
post Jul 5 2018, 08:41 AM
Post #20
BuzzJack Legend
Member No.: 223

I haven't met too many.

M.O x2 - Annie especially is amazing and I speak to her via DM, she likes my Instagram posts and a huge reason why I'm such a fan of them wub.gif
Becky Hill - Again, really lovely and so so down to earth. Was like speaking to a normal girl on a night out but I suppose that is what she is laugh.gif
Dua Lipa (!!) which I can't really get my head around. I just remember being kind of starstruck but this was when she had released 'Hotter Than Hell' and 'Blow Your Mind (Mwah)' so not when she was her biggest.

I've also met Betsy, Taya, Lloyd Daniels, Scott from BB, Hughie, Mark, Sam & Ryan from BB - none of them were particularly thrilling though ngl.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th July 2018 - 12:46 PM