BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Cancelling Plans
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Jack
post Wednesday, 12:29 PM
Post #1
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 223

So one of my close friends had her birthday on Saturday - it had been planned for months in advance for a meal in Portsmouth and cocktails, it was a whole day thing and she had to pay a deposit but because of the football - the amount of people who cancelled and let her down was ridiculous and in my opinion, completely selfish.

I personally hate people who cancel plans last minute or for selfish reasons such as above, what are you like?! I only do it if I absolutely have to and then if I do, I will make sure to rearrange and make it up to them. It's personally one of my worst traits in someone who cancels plans or doesn't do something just because there is something they would rather do.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Queef of Skreech
post Wednesday, 12:44 PM
Post #2
Life is so much queefier than we allow ourselves to think x
Group: Members
Member No.: 18,639
   No Gallery Pics

I am really bad for nor turning up and then sending a message maybe a week later saying oops. I should work on that tbh

+Quote Post
PeteFromLeeds
post Wednesday, 04:12 PM
Post #3
How's the mumzy?
Member No.: 23,247
   No Gallery Pics

I don't think I've ever really had plans to cancel but there's no way I'd do anything like that, it'd just make me feel so bad. I would lose a lot of trust in people who cancel plans as well.

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Wednesday, 04:36 PM
Post #4
Brown cow, stunning!
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 10,139

One of my absolute worst things tbh drama.gif Obviously if something comes up I understand but people just clearly can't be arsed or are being selfish I don't have time for it. I've got a friend who often just cancels right before without a reason and it feels like in that case they didn't want to go or do anything in the first place, in which case I'd rather someone was just like "actually nah I don't feel like it" in the first place... When you make plans and look forward to them and then people just let you down for no good reason it really pisses me off tbh. It makes you feel like you don't matter or are second best to whatever they'd clearly rather be doing drama.gif

+Quote Post
Jack
post Wednesday, 05:24 PM
Post #5
BuzzJack Legend
Member No.: 223

Im so savage I feel you cancel on me I will never be the on end to arrange plans again 😂 I think it's an indicator of who Ian a good friend and who isn't tbh.

+Quote Post
T Boy
post Wednesday, 06:16 PM
Post #6
Radical Pink Troll
Member No.: 177
   No Gallery Pics

I remember our staff party being arranged 2 years ago for the night Wales played Belgium in the Euros (I mean who even thought theyd get that far?) but we all went, found a tv and were stupidly drunk celebrating the Wales win!

+Quote Post
Sw▲ggy J
post Wednesday, 07:39 PM
Post #7
i ain't scared no more
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 8,674

I'd be glad for a reason to avoid a football match tbh

I'd only cancel if I was too ill to make it or as happened at the start of the year, the house got broken into and made me feel too shaken to go on a night out after.

+Quote Post
Cqmerqn
post Wednesday, 08:46 PM
Post #8
Fuego!
Member No.: 23,155
   No Gallery Pics

Im pretty bad tbh

+Quote Post
Conderella
post Wednesday, 08:55 PM
Post #9
ya ya ya i am lorde
Member No.: 4,397

someone i was meeting yesterday (planned a day in advance and agreed upon) cancelled an hour before the thing saying his friend asked him to go with him somewhere and he said yes. i was soooo close to blocking him

i'm a loyal bitch, i neverrrrr cancel plans unless it's something truly important

This post has been edited by Conderella: Wednesday, 08:55 PM

+Quote Post
Jade
post Wednesday, 10:55 PM
Post #10
Mrs Brayden Smith <333
Member No.: 12,810

I always feel really guilty when I have to cancel plans but sometimes my head doesn't feel like it is in the right place to want to go out. I'd never be like "cba" and cancel, there'd be some kind of reason behind it. Or I'll just compromise, tagging along to an event but then leaving early. I do love making plans though, I was quite often a friend who was left out of plans during awkward school years so it does feel really good to be included, just the thought is lovely even if I can't go.

+Quote Post
Harve
post Thursday, 11:29 PM
Post #11
you should be f***ing with no-one else
Member No.: 4,718
   No Gallery Pics

I'm mostly pretty reliable but sometimes it's really hard to attend stuff because of reasons lol and it either means I turn up extremely late and visibly flustered or I don't turn up at all.

But cancelling plans to make another plan is a completely different thing. If the football is that important then the most you can do is look to compromise by going somewhere that's showing the game for a couple of hours while still doing the rest of the day, and even then that could be rude if the birthday girl isn't interested.

This post has been edited by Harve: Thursday, 11:29 PM

+Quote Post
Riser
post Thursday, 04:56 AM
Post #12
It was only a mountain
Member No.: 19,534

Luckily I'm rarely on either side of this happening. I always feel incredibly guilty turning anyone down even for entirely legitimate reasons, so I can only think of once or twice ever that I cancelled on someone.

Cancelling on someone's birthday plans is such a low blow! I agree with Jack that it's best to at least reschedule and try to make it up to the person you're cancelling on, that seems like such an obvious thing to me so it bothers me when someone doesn't show that courtesy!

+Quote Post
Mattias
post Thursday, 09:44 AM
Post #13
the elusive Q.
Member No.: 7,132
   No Gallery Pics

I don't tend to cancel (and usually I'm grateful to have something on lolol) unless I happen to be experiencing ~reasons~ similar to Harve, in which case going anywhere can be quite daunting. I do have a condition similar to bipolar disorder (the diagnosis has changed as far as I know, and I'm perhaps an unusual case where I've only had one major episode 10 years ago but now have "minor" week-long episodes like twice a year which are extremely mysterious and no one knows what exactly they are, including myself which is very frustrating...but I'm likely somewhere on the bipolar spectrum) and once I feel like I can't really go anywhere because of this, I just refuse to go. I've had to miss work for a week too which I felt bad about but it was necessary. I used to worry that it would change people's view of me or something but thankfully most people seem fairly understanding about this sort of thing.

+Quote Post
Suedehead2
post Thursday, 02:24 PM
Post #14
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Admin.
Member No.: 3,272
   No Gallery Pics

The simple solution is not to be born between mid-June and mid-July. That way you avoid having your birthday in the middle of a football tournament every two years tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Tyler
post Friday, 12:01 PM
Post #15
BuzzJack Legend
Member No.: 67

Id recommend cancelling to a friend that just made plans with me.

5/5 stars

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th July 2018 - 05:20 PM