BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Artist News

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> New Ray of Light Demos, Bedtime Stories 2.0
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
liamk97
post Jul 26 2018, 11:17 PM
Post #1
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 12,472

This is a compilation of snippets from the demo assembly CD of what would become Madonna's magnum opus,1998's Ray Of Light. This particular assembly of songs has a more urban and R&B sound,akin to the sounds of Bedtime Stories and Something To Remember. At the time she was working once again with Kenny "Babyface" Edmonds and was originally going to create a Bedtime Stories 2.0,but the entire album started over from scratch after meeting and working with the final producer,William Orbit. Some of the songs were scrapped off the final album and never released,while one (Has To Be) was used as a bonus track in international territories and others (Frozen,Sky Fits Heaven,and Nothing Really Matters) were reworked into the final versions we know and love. It's fascinating to hear these songs twenty years later and see a window into what could have been on the Ray Of Light album. Unfortunately I do not own full versions of any of these songs featured in this video and I'm only sharing the clips that I downloaded via Madonna-Infinity forums,thanks to club78boy.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
liamk97
post Jul 26 2018, 11:23 PM
Post #2
BuzzJack Legend

I knew Madonna had been working with Babyface again at the beginning of the Ray of Light sessions for another Bedtime Stories style album, but this is the first time I've heard any of what appears to be that material until now. Particularly interesting to hear some of the songs that made the album in completely different styles; I quite like the 'Frozen' clip although it definitely works better in its final form.

+Quote Post
vibe
post Jul 27 2018, 12:06 PM
Post #3
BuzzJack Gold Member
Group: Members
Member No.: 11,763
   No Gallery Pics

She was right to dump baby face imo , role evolved into a masterpiece .

+Quote Post
liamk97
post Jul 27 2018, 01:29 PM
Post #4
BuzzJack Legend

I feel like Madonna would be in a very different position right now had Ray of Light been another Babyface production instead of Orbit. I love Bedtime Stories, it's such a lush, warm listen and I think Madonna works the R&B sound so well, but I realise it was quite a 'damage limitation' release. If she released another straight after, she'd be playing it too safe and I think people would have lost interest. Ray of Light, as we know it, was revolutionary; a really ambitious record and it brought Madonna to new heights both commercially and critically.

Still, as I said, it is interesting to hear that early stuff now with the power of hindsight and what was.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th August 2018 - 05:10 PM