BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Artist News

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Cancelled/Rumoured releases, What do u think...
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
SamJudd
post Aug 4 2018, 12:00 AM
Post #1
There you go, you're like fireworks...
Group: Members
Member No.: 19,846
   No Gallery Pics

Here's a list of Britney's scrapped or rumoured single releases that never happened due to various reasons. Please Buzzjack share your thoughts on what could have been and what were major missed opportunities.

Thinkin’ About You [Baby One More Time] – Was supposed to be a single at some point but was cancelled for unknown reasons.

I Can’t Get No (Satisfaction) [Oops I Did It Again] – Meant to be a promo single but was cancelled due to the backlash that she got.

When Your Eyes Say It [Oops I Did It Again] – Was supposed to be the 5th single and even had a video shot but was never released due to underperformance of ‘DLMBTLTK’.

Before the Goodbye [Britney] – Was meant to be the lead single until ‘I’m A Slave 4 U’ got chosen instead.

I Got That Boom, Boom (Ft the Ying Yang Twins) [In the Zone] – Label Jive wanted this as the first single, but Britney chose ‘Me Against the Music’ instead, and then it was considered as the 2nd and then 3rd, but Britney chose ‘Toxic’ and ‘Everytime’ instead.

Outrageous [In the Zone] – The video shoot was cancelled due to Britney’s knee injury and there fore the single didn’t get a proper release but still managed a #79 peak on the US Top 100.

Breathe on Me [In the Zone] – This was gonna be the 4th single for the International markets, but due to Britney’s knee injury all further promo and releases for the album were cancelled.

Shadow [In the Zone] – Was in consideration to be the lead single.

I’ve Just Begun (Having My Fun) [Greatest Hits – My Prerogative] – This was supposed to have a music video filmed, but Britney’s team denied it and set the song as a promo release instead.

Get Back, Hot as Ice & Toy Soldier [Blackout] – All three were considered for the lead single, until 'Gimme More' was chosen.

Out from Under [Circus]- Was meant to be the 3rd single, but Britney insisted on ‘If U Seek Amy’ instead.

Mannequin [Circus [ - Supposed to be the 5th and final single but wasn’t released due to Jive wanting to release ‘The Singles Collection’ instead.

Big Fat Bass (Ft Will.i.am) [Femme Fatale] – Considered to be the 3rd single, but was replaced by ‘I Wanna Go’

Alien [Britney Jean] – Was supposed to be the third single, but due to low sales all other singles for this album were scrapped.

Do You Want to Come Over [Glory] – This was rumoured to be remixed to feature Christina Aguilera for a possible 3rd single release, but nothing came of it.

This post has been edited by SamJudd: Aug 4 2018, 12:00 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th August 2018 - 02:41 AM