BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Max Martin Musical, London West End 2019?
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Jonjo
post Aug 5 2018, 01:11 PM
Post #1
(-_)
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 5,042

THE ACTUAL GOD OF POP IS GETTING A MUSICAL BASED AROUND HIS SMASHES.

A jukebox musical based on the music of Max Martin looks to be heading to London’s West End next year. The Swedish writer-producer, who is behind some of the biggest pop hits of the past 20 years, working with artists such as Adele, Britney Spears, Katy Perry, Justin Timberlake and Taylor Swift, is now collaborating on the show, whose title has not been revealed.

An open casting call for the musical was put out this week by Stuart Burt Casting. The call says the show is being “created with Max Martin” and “uses his incredible catalog of songs as inspiration” – a catalog that includes such hits as Perry’s “I Kissed a Girl,” Spears’ “…Baby One More Time” and Swift’s “Shake It Off.” The project is “in final stages of development,” the casting notice said, and is expected to launch in July 2019 outside of London before moving to the West End.

Sources told Variety that the project is already generating “a great deal of interest” in the U.K. industry.

Producers are looking to cast an ensemble of “exceptional pop singers,” in their 20s and 30s and from various ethnic backgrounds, “who can act [and]dance to a high standard.” Those cast are expected to be available to work from February next year and be eligible to work in the U.K. through to the end of 2020
I AM HERE FOR THIS. OMG.

What songs of his would you like to hear in this musical? If you want to predict/make your own Max Martin Musical tracklist and share it on here, aim for about 12-14 songs! *.*
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cqmerqn
post Aug 5 2018, 01:21 PM
Post #2
Fuego!
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 23,155
   No Gallery Pics

On My Mind pls

+Quote Post
Dexton
post Aug 5 2018, 02:03 PM
Post #3
rip in peace Dickston
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 25,045
   No Gallery Pics

NSYNC, Pink, Ariana, & The Weeknd plssssss

+Quote Post
ThePensmith
post Aug 5 2018, 05:04 PM
Post #4
BuzzJack Gold Member
Group: Members
Member No.: 13,208
   No Gallery Pics

However great Max Martin's catalogue of songs is - which it indisputably is - if it doesn't have a great book behind it this could be a failure. Particularly as it's hard to join the dots between his more recent stuff with say, the peak Britney/NSYNC/BSB stuff.

+Quote Post
Jonjo
post Aug 5 2018, 07:39 PM
Post #5
(-_)

I think it'd be quite easy as long as the songs follow the narrative of the story and aren't just shoe-horned in.

+Quote Post
Jonjo
post Aug 6 2018, 08:46 AM
Post #6
(-_)

Can you imagine a 1-2-3 punch of Baby One More Time, Hands To Myself and Into You? *.*

+Quote Post
Spiceboy
post Aug 6 2018, 12:42 PM
Post #7
BuzzJack Enthusiast
Group: Members
Member No.: 39,568
   No Gallery Pics

This sounds interesting, could be awesome if the storyline works well with the songs.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st August 2018 - 02:14 PM