BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Dido's fifth album
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Red Blooded Man
post Aug 10 2018, 03:53 PM
Post #1
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Group: Members
Member No.: 822
   No Gallery Pics

I don't know if anyone has posted this so apology in advance.

Apparently Dido has just signed to BMG in May and her fifth album is expected in early 2019.

I couldn't say how much I am excited!! w00t.gif Love practically ALL her music (not even my favourite Kylie can accomplish this feat but given that she's in the industry for 30 years, I can live with that. tongue.gif )

BMG is an excellent choice for her, given their recent results with Kylie and Rick Astley.

I expect nothing less than dream-pop and disco perfection.

https://www.bmg.com/uk/news/dido-signs-to-b...-new-album.html

BMG is delighted to announce that Dido – creator of two of the biggest-selling albums of all time – will release her new studio album through the company.

It is only the second record deal Dido has signed in her more than twenty year long career, during which she has sold more than 30m albums.

The new album, her fifth, will be released worldwide by BMG in early 2019. Dido co-wrote and co-produced the album with her brother and fellow BMG artist, Rollo Armstrong, of Faithless.

BMG UK President Repertoire & Marketing Alistair Norbury said, “We are thrilled to partner with Dido for her new album. She is the quintessential BMG artist; an international icon who is returning after 5 years with an outstanding record.”

Dido said, “I couldn’t be happier to sign to BMG, their enthusiasm and passion for the record was evident from day one”.

Dido recorded her first demos in 1995, before recording tracks with Rollo and Faithless. Her debut album No Angel (1999) has sold more than 22m copies worldwide reaching Number One in eight countries including the UK and France and Number Two in the US Billboard 200. It featured the single, ‘Thank You’, now regarded as Dido’s signature tune, which was sampled in the worldwide Number One ‘Stan’ by Eminem.

Dido’s second album Life For Rent released in 2003 sold over 12m copies worldwide and spawned the worldwide hit and Ivor Novello award-winning single ‘White Flag’.

The albums Safe Trip Home (2008) and Girl Who Got Away (2014) continued to delight fans around the world as Dido explored new themes, working with collaborators including Brian Eno, A.R. Rahman and Kendrick Lamar.

Said Norbury, “Dido has the rare ability to combine an art sensibility and a distinctive viewpoint on contemporary issues with infectious melodies which touch millions. Her new album will be one of the music highlights of 2019.”
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
T Boy
post Aug 10 2018, 06:38 PM
Post #2
Radical Pink Troll
Member No.: 177
   No Gallery Pics

I think there is a thread for this somewhere? Maybe this could be merged?

I’m really excited for this. I was drawn to listening to Safe Trip Home and Girl Who Got Away this week and I’m in love with Dido all over again.

+Quote Post
Bjork
post Aug 10 2018, 08:04 PM
Post #3
BuzzJack Legend
Member No.: 22,665
   No Gallery Pics

Pretty sure theres a thread already
Wish it was out this year though

+Quote Post
Red Blooded Man
post Aug 13 2018, 02:48 AM
Post #4
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 822
   No Gallery Pics

I did a quick research and found out that I started the post last year. laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Jordanlee
post Aug 13 2018, 12:47 PM
Post #5
Jord
Member No.: 27,116

I need new Dido music. Absolutely love her past albums and her taking long breaks between them makes me miss her so much.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 09:35 AM