BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Star Wars: The Mandalorian, Disney | Jon Favreau
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Klaus
post Oct 4 2018, 07:01 PM
Post #1
Group icon
❤️❤️➕🟦
User: 17,160

QUOTE(The Guardian)
Iron Man director Jon Favreau has revealed details of the Star Wars TV series he has been commissioned to write and produce.

In a post on Instagram, Favreau announced the show’s title was The Mandalorian and would “follow the travails of a lone gunfighter in the outer reaches of the galaxy far from the authority of the New Republic”. He also said it would be set “after the fall of the Empire and before the emergence of the First Order” – ie, in the period between Return of the Jedi and The Force Awakens.

The Mandalorians are a warrior people from the planet Mandalore who often clashed with knights of the Jedi order. Jango and Boba Fett, who Favreau mentioned prominently in his post, were not Mandalorians, but adopted their distinctive body armour.

Lucasfilm announced that Favreau was to produce and write the first live-action Star Wars series in March 2018, as part of the offering for its parent company Disney’s new streaming platform. Favreau had previously revealed that the series would take place seven years after the Battle of Yavin (which features as the climax of Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope) and therefore three years after the end of Return of the Jedi, and that it would employ motion capture.

Coming to Disney's new streaming service!

Are you excited? Is this needed? Do you think it will be GOOD?
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Severin
post Dec 30 2019, 12:18 AM
Post #2
Group icon
Mansonette
User: 9,872
Despite a couple of filler episodes in the middle, this is actually pretty excellent and much better than the disappointing Rise Of Skywalker

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post Sep 15 2020, 07:22 PM
Post #3
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042

I was going to start a Season 2 topic, but this only has 2 posts, so we may as well continue using this one aha.

SO HYPED for this. The first season is excellent and MY BAE SASHA BANKS IS IN THIS SEASON!

cheeseblock.png

+Quote this post
Klaus
post Sep 15 2020, 08:08 PM
Post #4
Group icon
❤️❤️➕🟦
User: 17,160
I recently saw the first season and really enjoyed it. Baby Yoda might be an easy marketing cash-in but, my goodness, he is truly adorable and steals every scene for me. Overall, I did enjoy it - I feel there were a couple of dud episodes (the Sanctuary one in particular) but it all looked visually amazing and there were some great guest characters. I guess it also helped that the episodes weren’t unnecessarily long either.

+Quote this post
WhoOdyssey
post Oct 31 2020, 02:19 PM
Post #5
Group icon
A dead mouse (from my cat)
User: 67,771
Series 2 begun yesterday with the best episode so far! I'm adoring this show rn

+Quote this post
T Boy
post Oct 31 2020, 04:09 PM
Post #6
Group icon
Radical Pink Troll
User: 177
It really was an excellent episode. I’m really enjoying this.

+Quote this post
Popchartfreak
post Nov 6 2020, 05:28 PM
Post #7
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 17,376
I'm persevering, and enjoying the links to the Star wars universe and production values - but, errr, character development not really a thing and the plot-style makes it hard to get emotionally involved in it:

The Mandalorian has a fight, kills a few people sometimes, rescuing a community, helping beings, while searching for the Jedi to deliver Baby Yoda to them. Makes friends along the way. Makes enemies along the way.

It's basically a Western TV show where the hero moves to a new community each week. Hoping the new plotline features more regulars and some good banter, cos Jon Favreau can do brilliant stuff.

+Quote this post
T Boy
post Nov 13 2020, 09:23 PM
Post #8
Group icon
Radical Pink Troll
Still enjoying this, love the Clone Wars connections.

+Quote this post
Popchartfreak
post Nov 14 2020, 10:48 AM
Post #9
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
I had a major moral problem with the "adorable" Baby Yoda eating sentient babies. The first one was excusable, he's a baby and knows no better, the following ones were adults being a bit lackadaisical, a parent and a guardian both being crap on health & safety. Baby Yoda then ate a baby spider creature and nearly got them all killed. He's a menace! tongue.gif

+Quote this post
T Boy
post Nov 28 2020, 08:18 PM
Post #10
Group icon
Radical Pink Troll
As an absolute Star Wars loon, this last episode was amazing.

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post Nov 28 2020, 09:24 PM
Post #11
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042
Yep. Incredible episode. I need to watch Clone Wars and Rebels, but I know she is considered one of the very best characters in the SW universe and I can tell that they've translated her really well into live action.

+Quote this post
T Boy
post Nov 28 2020, 09:51 PM
Post #12
Group icon
Radical Pink Troll
QUOTE(Tafty @ Nov 28 2020, 09:24 PM) *
Yep. Incredible episode. I need to watch Clone Wars and Rebels, but I know she is considered one of the very best characters in the SW universe and I can tell that they've translated her really well into live action.

Clone Wars is pretty good if you keep going with it. It’s a bit childish at first but gets better. Ahsoka also gets better as it goes along. Rebels I don’t love as much but it’s decent.

The Thrawn mention excites me though. Having been reading his character for two decades, seeing him in animation was amazing but live action is the dream I never thought would come true.

+Quote this post
Slick
post Dec 2 2020, 06:16 PM
Post #13
Group icon
electric butterflies
Pronouns: he/him
User: 70
I love this show. It's so cinematic and beautiful to look at and it's so well-written that you feel like you are watching a proper Star Wars film.

As for the arrival of Ahsoka and Bo-Katan, I think they've done so well. I loved Ahsoka in the animated shows and she is kickass in this.

+Quote this post
Rooney
post Dec 10 2020, 11:29 PM
Post #14
Group icon
WINTER IS COMING
User: 88
Obi Wan series will be starring Hayden Christiensen as Darth Vadar...

Ahsoka getting her own spin-off too.

+Quote this post
Popchartfreak
post Dec 13 2020, 10:37 AM
Post #15
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
the season end has really upped it's game, we have a proper organised gang, proper character development, great cast, less annoying Grogu whimsy, and issues with consequences set up. Oh and at last we get to see it is really is that bloke from Game Of Thrones under the mask and not just a voice-over job. Given Pedro Pascal is always fab it's overdue for some drama from him, rather than a Clint Eastwood deadpan impression. The only shame is the main characterization instigator didn't join the team and walked off, the show needs his one-liners and verbal jabbing.

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 11:57 AM