BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Star Wars: The Mandalorian, Disney | Jon Favreau
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Klaus
post Oct 4 2018, 07:01 PM
Post #1
MP for Flydale North
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 17,160
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(The Guardian)
Iron Man director Jon Favreau has revealed details of the Star Wars TV series he has been commissioned to write and produce.

In a post on Instagram, Favreau announced the show’s title was The Mandalorian and would “follow the travails of a lone gunfighter in the outer reaches of the galaxy far from the authority of the New Republic”. He also said it would be set “after the fall of the Empire and before the emergence of the First Order” – ie, in the period between Return of the Jedi and The Force Awakens.

The Mandalorians are a warrior people from the planet Mandalore who often clashed with knights of the Jedi order. Jango and Boba Fett, who Favreau mentioned prominently in his post, were not Mandalorians, but adopted their distinctive body armour.

Lucasfilm announced that Favreau was to produce and write the first live-action Star Wars series in March 2018, as part of the offering for its parent company Disney’s new streaming platform. Favreau had previously revealed that the series would take place seven years after the Battle of Yavin (which features as the climax of Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope) and therefore three years after the end of Return of the Jedi, and that it would employ motion capture.

Coming to Disney's new streaming service!

Are you excited? Is this needed? Do you think it will be GOOD?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Severin
post Dec 30 2019, 12:18 AM
Post #2
Mansonette
Group: Members
Member No.: 9,872
   No Gallery Pics

Despite a couple of filler episodes in the middle, this is actually pretty excellent and much better than the disappointing Rise Of Skywalker

+Quote Post
Tafty
post Sep 15 2020, 07:22 PM
Post #3
(-_•)
Group: Genre Mod
Member No.: 5,042

I was going to start a Season 2 topic, but this only has 2 posts, so we may as well continue using this one aha.

SO HYPED for this. The first season is excellent and MY BAE SASHA BANKS IS IN THIS SEASON!

cheeseblock.png

+Quote Post
Klaus
post Sep 15 2020, 08:08 PM
Post #4
MP for Flydale North
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 17,160
   No Gallery Pics

I recently saw the first season and really enjoyed it. Baby Yoda might be an easy marketing cash-in but, my goodness, he is truly adorable and steals every scene for me. Overall, I did enjoy it - I feel there were a couple of dud episodes (the Sanctuary one in particular) but it all looked visually amazing and there were some great guest characters. I guess it also helped that the episodes weren’t unnecessarily long either.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st October 2020 - 05:05 PM