BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> What is it..?
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Tafty
post Nov 6 2018, 11:14 PM
Post #1
(-_)
Group: Genre Mod
Member No.: 5,042

..about Little Mix that you love?

Why are you a fan? Were you a fan from the start or was it later on in their careers? Or maybe you used to be a fan but not so much now, but you're still listening in the hopw they can pull you back?

I'm intrigued to hear why we stan these girls and I don't think I've seen a topic like this yet.

(My reply will come soon)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jade
post Nov 6 2018, 11:42 PM
Post #2
Mrs Brayden Smith <333
Group: Buzzjack's Sweetheart
Member No.: 12,810

I am pleased to say that I've been following their career ever since the X Factor days! They (and Amelia Lily kink.gif) were my favourites from about 'E.T.' week onwards, I wasn't a huge fan of the early performances like 'Super Bass' and 'Tik Tok' (on rock week *_*) but this performance totally showed a different side of them and it all clicked into place. Then I was rooting for them HUGELY after 'Don't Let Go (Love)', what a moment that was wub.gif It felt so refreshing for a girlband to be doing well on the show and I got their appeal so much. Four really relatable, interesting, lovely and funny girls who could all sing well individually and their harmonies were just gorgeous, Kelly Rowland wasn't harping on about how good they are when performing acapella every other week for no reason! I was then extremely happy about the direction they went in after the show - 'Wings' was a solid debut single and 'DNA' still remains my favourite song by them wub.gif and I go back to all their albums since then.

During their series I was only 14 years old also, when I was going through a tough time in terms of my identity and disliking the way I looked, so I remember really warming to Jesy in particular when she was so open with her struggles relating to her self esteem. They were great role models in the industry for me from an early age. I had always stanned girl-groups growing up tbh - Girls Aloud, Sugababes, Spice Girls - so it wasn't out of the ordinary for me to be liking Little Mix so much. But aside from their style of music (they've had a few songs I haven't been too keen on, but generally they're consistently good, at least one or two big highlights per era in terms of singles) and other reasons I've already touched upon, I also find it so easy to warm to them because you can just tell that they're such good friends. It's really incredible how a group who were put together seem so genuinely close. It's frustrating to stan the likes of GA with the divisions in the group and Sugababes when the line-ups changed so much, but with Little Mix it's also about them as people as well as the music. I could honestly watch interviews of them for hours, they're brimming with personality and warmth which makes for a brilliant watch every time!

I also feel like they've stayed humble even after all these 7 years which I'm so pleased about. The most obvious change is their image, they obviously have a much more glamorous and grown up look now, but good for them tbh, their confidence has obviously skyrocketed and I'm here for it!! Even though they apparently can't be good role models according to the Daily Mail because they show a fair bit of skin, I think that couldn't be further from the truth! They are all about women's rights, adore their fans and also speak up about other issues as well - trans rights with Jade for instance. Idk they're just so refreshing in every way - all talented vocally, open about what they believe in, lovely, humorous, dedicated, such good friends, appreciate who got them to where they are now, make a lot of great songs and oh one last thing they're obviously INCREDIBLE performers. I was blown away when I saw them live in 2013 for the first time at a random festival, so early on in their career during the DNA era and they left such an impact on me *.* the UK music scene would be worse off without them, they're really exciting and so easy to warm to.

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Nov 6 2018, 11:55 PM
Post #3
Brown cow, stunning!
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 10,139

I loved them on XF too, I remember pretty much stanning just because they were a girlband at first laugh.gif I had very little hope given acts like Kandy Rain, Miss Frank, Girlband, Addictiv Ladies and Bad Lashes had bombed on XF before, and Digital Spy predicted them out first oops (that always makes me laugh now). Idk, I saw something even when they sang Super Bass and I'm Like A Bird, I think they clearly clicked as a band straight away and that went such a long way, they just had to find that lane which they did with E.T. and Don't Let Go, I still think the latter is the best X-Factor performance ever, such a moment and they clinched the win the second they did that! It was astounding at the time that a group could win X Factor at all, let alone a girl group, I remember feeling like I never have before (and never have since) over them winning wub.gif I've never stopped being a stan this whole time.

I also saw them on their first tour (and haven't since sad.gif), they were such great performers even then. Being a group with such chemistry, it really adds to the show for me and the performances are held together with that glue. They all bring their own personalities, in groups there tends to be one or two where you wouldn't care if they weren't there but with LM you couldn't imagine the group without them all. They all seem like such genuinely nice people who care about their fans and society and want to be good role models, and they certainly are. It's so refreshing to have that in a group of girls who you can tell genuinely love being together and living their dream. They've never stopped feeling like relatable girls next door you could be friends with, who can have a laugh and feel human, no matter how many records they sell, how big they get, and that really anchors a huge amount of their appeal for me.

Music wise, they've really nailed it with these past two albums. They make brilliant pop which the chart always needs more of, but it rarely feels too generic or trend chasing. They know when and how to experiment (such as on Power and Wasabi by the sounds of it), they mix in such different influences without detracting from their own identity as a group, but they always bring huge pop songs that are hit ready and have such wide appeal and hit the right chords. They've evolved so much, each era has a sort of different feel while remaining true to their roots, for a girlband it's quite easy just to release faceless pop but they often convey a positive message and put across an interesting sound as well as bringing the bops.

+Quote Post
Tafty
post Nov 11 2018, 06:16 PM
Post #4
(-_)
Group: Genre Mod
Member No.: 5,042

I don't think I can add too much more to what you two have already stated laugh.gif

But not only is it just from literally following them from the start of their careers and seeing them develop into the artists that they are, I think the thing that really seperates them from other girl bands, is their unity. They're friends and you can tell. Most girl groups (actually groups in general) you can see cliques and see that certain members don't get on with others etc.. but with LM I struggle to see that.

It's so refreshing to see that in a manufactured pop group. Their music is pop perfection and what you want to see in a pop band like this. It's not anything different, but their personality, charm, voices and sass, really elevate their songs from being bland, "just another pop song" pop. They have a certain charisma and feel to them.

Also, as performers they're ahead of the game. Like, literally up there as some of the greatest live performers of all time and not just vocalists.

They're just perfect together. Long may they reign.

+Quote Post
Mixxer
post Nov 13 2018, 06:13 PM
Post #5
#SaveLoveGame
Group: Members
Member No.: 23,178
   No Gallery Pics

Their connection. Their friendship.

No way I'd be this invested in them if I thought for a second they are fake, hate each other, use auto-tune, lipsyncing etc.

And of course, the thing that blows everyone away - their talent heart.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th September 2020 - 03:08 PM