BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Little Mix leave Syco
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
shindymindy
post Nov 9 2018, 11:06 PM
Post #1
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 2,021
   No Gallery Pics

Wow
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Nov 9 2018, 11:11 PM
Post #2
Brown cow, stunning!
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 10,139

Oh shit, rip anymore LM5 promo on X Factor laugh.gif Don't think it will badly affect them anyway, Syco has never been a great label and it's a wonder they lasted so long under such terrible management who have killed so many acts.

+Quote Post
dannjohn
post Nov 9 2018, 11:21 PM
Post #3
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Members
Member No.: 1,030
   No Gallery Pics

Theres a bigger story here. Rak Su have moved too, this is LMís last album with Syco so for Simon to move them over suggests theres something bigger happening.

Also hes letting them perform at X Factor.

And also, Simon is not loyal to his staff. He basically sacked Cheryl live on air.

+Quote Post
Blade
post Nov 9 2018, 11:24 PM
Post #4
Mrs Brayden Smith <333
Group: Buzzjack's Sweetheart
Member No.: 12,810

Little Mix have SUCH potential to properly make it in the US with the fanbase they've culminated, they even had a solid one during the early days, see DNA going top 5 in the albums first week. So this might be for the best in the end as Syco have really been hindering their success stateside.

Edit: Just read that article in full so I'm definitely happy if they're still getting an X Factor final slot.

+Quote Post
Mixxer
post Nov 9 2018, 11:29 PM
Post #5
#SaveLoveGame
Member No.: 23,178
   No Gallery Pics

Omgggg

Finally!! cheer.gif

I'm SHOOK!

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Nov 9 2018, 11:31 PM
Post #6
Brown cow, stunning!
Member No.: 10,139

Oops I didn't read it all laugh.gif

I'm not surprised Rak-Su have got out too, they'd probably have been dropped after this single the way Syco go, if only Louisa got in on that before it was too late and she was just left to rot under Ministry Of Sound. It's definitely best for the girls stateside too, I agree, so many times they COULD have had that breakthrough hit just didn't happen because of Syco.

+Quote Post
Tafty
post Nov 9 2018, 11:31 PM
Post #7
I found the love, I found the love in me
Group: Genre Mod
Member No.: 5,042

I wonder if this means Syco are going to be no more? Considering Rak-Su have moved too?

Really hoping this sets them up for a big US push tbh.

+Quote Post
Psycho-dy
post Nov 9 2018, 11:34 PM
Post #8
There is 1 impostor among us
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 21,308
   No Gallery Pics

This does open up a bigger can of worms if the problem is with Modest Management rather than Little Mix themselves (as Rak-Su have been affected and they were the most recent winners), especially relating to X Factor alumni who signed on to Modest and how Syco treated them. Either way I hope that this gives the girls the opportunity to really break out internationally like they should have three albums ago.

+Quote Post
Mixxer
post Nov 9 2018, 11:36 PM
Post #9
#SaveLoveGame
Member No.: 23,178
   No Gallery Pics

btw guys if this somehow ends up being the end of LM, I'll put all the blame on Nicki Minaj coffee.gif

+Quote Post
post Nov 9 2018, 11:59 PM
Post #10
BuzzJack Legend
Member No.: 19,931

Btw guys theyíre moving to RCA UK not US, where Tinashe went to die luckily. But theyíre probably still going to be represented by Colombia in the US so not THAT much will probably change. Their management is still the same, they just wonít be funded by the same part of Sony Records. (RCA is still Sony, so theyíve kinda moved sideways not fully to a new label).

+Quote Post
MrLoverboy
post Nov 10 2018, 02:06 AM
Post #11
BuzzJack Enthusiast
Member No.: 22,989

I'm... so shook by all this. Can't wait to see what the future holds for them - hopefully it was for the best.

+Quote Post
Martyn
post Nov 10 2018, 07:44 AM
Post #12
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 66

Didnít Alexandra move to RCA before her 2nd album from SYCO and get blacklisted by mos radio stations? Matt Terry was RCA too. Is this actually a good thing?

+Quote Post
myxxd
post Nov 10 2018, 08:39 AM
Post #13
BuzzJack Enthusiast
Member No.: 7,097
   No Gallery Pics

So Brave. I wish them luck. I wish the girls didn't totally burn bridges with Simon coz we all know Simon. So they are still under Sony RCA maybe because of existing contracts. Westlife had the same predicaments before.

+Quote Post
myxxd
post Nov 10 2018, 08:43 AM
Post #14
BuzzJack Enthusiast
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Martyn @ Nov 10 2018, 07:44 AM) *
Didn’t Alexandra move to RCA before her 2nd album from SYCO and get blacklisted by mos radio stations? Matt Terry was RCA too. Is this actually a good thing?

Yes and Westlife too. that's why I wish them so much luck. With social media today I think LM can pull through

This post has been edited by myxxd: Nov 10 2018, 08:49 AM

+Quote Post
myxxd
post Nov 10 2018, 08:48 AM
Post #15
BuzzJack Enthusiast
   No Gallery Pics

if things won't work out, their next plan will be finding new record label like Westlife now. I really hope no burning of bridges with Simon because there will be a lasting impression with the ladies with other record executives in the future. btw Kian's wife Jodi I think is related to Jesy Nelson, cousin I think not sure though.

+Quote Post
SGrey
post Nov 10 2018, 09:55 AM
Post #16
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 20,182

They're at their peak so have a lot of momentum behind them and have really built up a good fanbase over the last three years so I think they'll be ok for what comes next. It's not like they've had a flop, flop and album flop which has prompted a parting, they've got good credentials so RCA will have high expectations of them.

I just can't @ Syco tho.

+Quote Post
Wall
post Nov 10 2018, 04:03 PM
Post #17
🙄
Group: AF Inner Circle
Member No.: 10,643

I honestly donít see this as being good news, theyíre huge in the UK and thatís all because of the promotion and marketing of Syco!

I wonder whatís actually happened? It says an issue between modest management? That will no doubt be Syco over soon enough then as they only really have Labrinth?

+Quote Post
*Tim
post Nov 10 2018, 04:45 PM
Post #18
BuzzJack Legend
Member No.: 16,660

QUOTE(ZaraRuinMyLife @ Nov 10 2018, 05:03 PM) *
I honestly donít see this as being good news, theyíre huge in the UK and thatís all because of the promotion and marketing of Syco!

I wonder whatís actually happened? It says an issue between modest management? That will no doubt be Syco over soon enough then as they only really have Labrinth?

They also have Camilla in the UK

Moving to RCA should never be seen as a good thing. The amount of careers they have wrecked laugh.gif

I dont see it having a huge impact on LM but their track record is anything but good

+Quote Post
Count Olaf
post Nov 10 2018, 05:03 PM
Post #19
MP for Flydale North
Member No.: 17,160
   No Gallery Pics

I thought Modest Management have always been the problem for acts (although Syco are also abysmal), Iím shocked theyíre sticking by them? Unless they donít want to stick by them but are forced to because of a extremely watertight contract and itís been Modestís choice (with Little Mix having no say). Itís just interesting that last yearís winners have also moved despite not even stsrting their career.

+Quote Post
Martyn
post Nov 10 2018, 05:08 PM
Post #20
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 66

There is obviously something deeper in the move, that hasn't been said yet. Maybe it will come out in time, or perhaps it will be a mystery for the rest of forever!

The issue I have with going to RCA is they are no longer a big fish in a small pond, they won't go to RCA being the biggest act, or commanding all the attention.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th October 2020 - 05:12 AM