BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> WORKPOPNICE: Top 40 — MIDWEEK UPDATE, W/E 15/11/2018 [Week 45]
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
diva thin muffin
post Nov 15 2018, 09:32 AM
Post #1
BuzzJack Gold Member
Group: Members
Member No.: 12,837
   No Gallery Pics

16 November, 2018

OUT

This post has been edited by cantthinkofaname: Nov 21 2018, 09:46 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
diva thin muffin
post Nov 15 2018, 09:45 AM
Post #2
BuzzJack Gold Member
   No Gallery Pics

** Alan Walker featuring Sophia Somajo – "Diamond Heart"
Alesso featuring Conor Maynard – "Remedy"
Arlissa and Jonas Blue – "Hearts Ain't Gonna Lie"
Bríet and Arro featuring Aron Can – "Feimin(n)"
** CNCO featuring Meghan Trainor and Sean Paul – "Hey DJ"
Calvin Harris featuring Sam Smith – "Promises"
Camila Cabello featuring Swae Lee – "Real Friends"
Carly Rae Jepsen – "Party For One"
Charli XCX featuring Troye Sivan – "1999"
Clean Bandit featuring Demi Lovato – "Solo"
Clean Bandit featuring Marina & The Diamonds and Luis Fonsi – "Baby"
Dua Lipa featuring BLACKPINK – "Kiss and Make Up"
Example featuring Hayla – "Show Me How To Love"
** Friðik Dór – "Segir Ekki Neitt"
Gryffin and ZOHARA – "Remember"
Hayden James featuring Boy Matthews – "Just Friends"
Hayden James featuring Running Touch – "Better Together"
** Herra Hnetusmjör and Þormóður – "Keyra"
Hot Shade featuring Mika Zibanejad – "Nobody"
Huginn featuring Þórdís Björk – "Leiðinni Til Þín"
James Arthur – "You Deserve Better (Andrelli Remix)"
Kim Petras – "Heart To Break"
Kygo and Imagine Dragons – "Born To Be Yours"
Kygo featuring Sandro Cavazza – "Happy Now"
LSD – "Mountains"
LSD – "Thunderclouds"
Loud Luxury featuring Anders – "Love No More"
MNEK – "Body"
Mabel featuring Not3s – "Fine Line"
Major Lazer featuring Tove Lo – "Blow That Smoke"
Mikolas Josef – "Me Gusta"
Nick Jonas and Robin Schulz – "Right Now"
Olly Murs featuring Snoop Dogg – "Moves"
Panic! At The Disco – "High Hopes"
Rita Ora – "Let You Love Me"
Sigala, Ella Eyre and Meghan Trainor featuring French Montana – "Just Got Paid"
Sigrid – "Sucker Punch"
The Chainsmokers featuring Emily Warren – "Side Effects"
Vök – "Night and Day"
Years & Years – "All For You"

WorkPopNice: Spotify Playlist

This post has been edited by cantthinkofaname: Nov 16 2018, 06:03 PM

+Quote Post
diva thin muffin
post Nov 15 2018, 10:01 AM
Post #3
BuzzJack Gold Member
   No Gallery Pics

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1 Year Ago – 2017

Rita Ora — "Anywhere"
Long running number one songs are a rarity in my chart, especially these days, but somehow Rita managed to claim a whopping FIVE weeks on top of the chart last year and exactly 365 days ago she was spending her fourth week on top with the masterpiece that is "Anywhere". This song was surprisingly only Rita's third time in the top spot, but not without trying as she's come close more than a few times (most notably in 2012-13 with "Hot Right Now", "How We Do" and "Radioactive" which all made Top 5). Despite being released late in the year, "Anywhere" quickly became my top song of 2017, having only recently left my playlist and amassing a whopping 147 plays to date and still racking up more plays with each passing week.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

5 Years Ago – 2013

Little Mix — "Move"
Buzzjack faves Little Mix have been on the top of my chart three times so far in their careers and this was their second time getting that honor. "Move" is probably my favorite LM song ever but it's just so damn groovy and makes me really want to - you guessed it - MOVE. The girls have sent out banger after banger ever since but unfortunately they only topped my chart once in the last 5 years since "Move" even though they have gotten dangerously close a few times. "Move" has shifted something like 62 plays in the last 5 years but surprisingly it only spent one week on the top of the chart.

10 Years Ago – 2008

The Pussycat Dolls — "I Hate This Part (Dave Audé Remix)"
The second time The Pussycat Dolls nabbed the top spot was almost exclusively thanks to DJ Dave Audé who made this amazing remix TEN YEARS AGO. Like damn time flies so fast, but this was absolutely my number one song of the year having accumulated almost 250 plays since then and is comfortably within my Top 20 songs of all time. This was HUGE with me and my friends and listening to it brings back so many memories of cruising around when I had just turned 18. "I Hate This Part" spent four weeks on the top.

15 Years Ago – 2003

Stacie Orrico – "(There's Gotta Be) More To Life"
Stacie spent her first of two weeks at number one on this day fifteen years ago with one of my biggest hits of 2003 very much thanks to an a great music video where Stacie takes on the various roles of 2003 modern life (also she's SO gorgeous). This is unfortunately the only time Stacie managed to reach the top spot but her debut hit "Stuck" (No. 2 - ) came pretty close earlier in the same year. Sad to say these two hits were her only entries in the Top 40 ever but I'm eager to see her return some day if she's still making music. "More To Life" has managed an approximate 84 plays in its' lifetime on my chart.

20 Years Ago – 1998

Cher – "Believe"
Twenty years ago today pop queen Cher took the top spot with arguably the biggest song of her career. "Believe" is a classic pop-dance smash and I will never not want to dance to this song. For me Cher has never been able to recreate the success of this masterpiece and honestly she's hardly even managed to dent the Top 40 since the 90s and seems to have just disappeared completely from my view after releasing the best song of her 40+ year career lmao. She had a top 10 hit with "Strong Enough" a few months later (No. 6 - February 1999) and then nothing for 14 years until "Woman's World" came out in 2013 and tried (and failed) to break into the Top 40.

This post has been edited by cantthinkofaname: Nov 16 2018, 06:02 PM

+Quote Post
uhsting
post Nov 15 2018, 10:05 AM
Post #4
BuzzJack Enthusiast
Member No.: 77,363
   No Gallery Pics

Hey Nameless! Great week with some Icelandic songs here! I will listen to those though I was expecting to see Axel Flóvent somewhere in your chart lol.

+Quote Post
diva thin muffin
post Nov 15 2018, 10:54 AM
Post #5
BuzzJack Gold Member
   No Gallery Pics

I am an absolute sucker for reggaeton songs with an english flair, I'm not even going to TRY to deny it. When I first heard this last friday I was absolutely enamored immediately. I might be alone here but there is something about Meghan's voice that enchants me and makes me want to bop furiously! Here's an interesting thing about this song which features three players - all of which have made number one at least once before on my chart! CNCO last did so a little over a year ago with the help of Little Mix, Meghan actually only had her first taste of the top spot in September with "Just Got Paid" but had gotten really close with "Dear Future Husband" (No. 3 - April 2015 and "Me Too" (No. 2 - May 2016) previously. Sean Paul, however, is the veteran here having claimed the top spot on FIVE other instances but if I'm being completely honest most of those cases were not so much thanks to his effort.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Norwegian dance producer Alan Walker manages to enter the Top 40 for the seventh time (excluding remixes) since his debut in 2016. It's funny that I still love so many of his songs because there's definitely a similarity between most of them but like with fellow norwegian Kygo I love the styling of these songs so I really don't care. "Diamond Heart" has been in my Top 200 chart for a while but only in the past week have I fallen in love with it so much that it entered the Top 40 for the first time. Whether this enters the same dimension of dance classics like "Faded "(No. 1 - January 2016) or "All Falls Down" (No. 2 - Oct 2017) is uncertain at the moment but I can say I simply love this song and the power it exudes. Walker's featured lady has never entered the chart before now and there's not much I know about her at the moment but some of his features have made resurfaced with some bops in the past (eg. Julie Bergan).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is what you were all waiting for right? Some Icelandic music on my chart? Well, there's enough of that since Icelandic artists are making some waves in my Top 40 these days and a record number of THREE icelanders having grabbed the top spot already this year (which is huge considering the average is probably around 0.67 per year lmao). Friðrik Dór might not be an unknown name to all of you though considering he competed in the Icelandic NF for Eurovision in 2015 and placed second. That song might have been a bit too Ed Sheeran for Buzzjack though but be aware that Friðrik has released some amazing bops throughout his career. Perhaps most notably "I Don't Remember Your Name" (No. 3 - Nov 2011), "Að Eilífu" (No. 1 - May 2012) and "Hringd'í Mig" (No. 2 - Jun 2017) which are all 5 Star smashes for sure. "Að Eilífu" is indeed Friðrik's only song to go to number one but he has made dents to the chart on numerous other occasions. ("Segir Ekki Neitt" (en. "Doesn't Say Anything") doesn't have a video on Youtube so I'm featuring his last song to make Top 5 instead as it's quite a good song - it should however be available on Spotify hopefully.)

Yup, two icelandic artists debuted on my chart this week and the second one is actually a hip hop artist. Herra Hnetusmjör first appeared on the music scene in Iceland a few years ago but only really started to explode last year or so. I used to absolutely hate his music and I kind of dislike him as a person because he sings a lot about "b*tches" and "f*gs" which is just so unnecessary but he claims it doesn't reflect his views on women and gay people but like why sing about that then? Well, anyway, something changed in the quality of his music last summer when he released "Upp Til Hópa" which is just like a massive bop and idk why but I just fell for it hard and it somehow managed to snake its way to the top spot on my chart so idk how to feel about him anymore. Now for the second time in the Top 40 is his new song "Keyra" (en. "Drive") which is also really good but not quite the smash that "Upp Til Hópa" is so we'll see just how long it'll stay in my chart.

This post has been edited by cantthinkofaname: Nov 25 2018, 08:40 PM

+Quote Post
diva thin muffin
post Nov 15 2018, 11:29 AM
Post #6
BuzzJack Gold Member
   No Gallery Pics

CNCO
2 number ones.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MEGHAN TRAINOR
2 number ones. 6 top ten hits. 11 top forty hits.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SEAN PAUL
6 number ones. 14 top ten hits. 4 top forty hits.

ALAN WALKER
1 number one. 5 top ten hits. 10 top forty hits.

SOPHIA SOMAJO
1 top ten hit.

FRIÐRIK DÓR
1 number one. 8 top ten hits. 16 top forty hits.

HERRA HNETUSMJÖR
1 number one. 2 top forty hits.

ÞORMÓÐUR
1 top forty hit.

+Quote Post
diva thin muffin
post Nov 15 2018, 11:32 AM
Post #7
BuzzJack Gold Member
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(uhsting @ Nov 15 2018, 10:05 AM) *
Hey Nameless! Great week with some Icelandic songs here! I will listen to those though I was expecting to see Axel Flóvent somewhere in your chart lol.

I have to admit I have not heard of Axel Flóvent before but I'll be sure to check him out now! Thanks for the suggestion smile.gif

+Quote Post
diva thin muffin
post Nov 15 2018, 01:59 PM
Post #8
BuzzJack Gold Member
   No Gallery Pics

xx 22 01 [22] Séra Bjössi – "Djamm Queen"
After only a week in the Top 40 this icelandic novelty track drops right out of the chart. It's a party/joke song that my roommate introduced to me. I liked it a bit a week ago but grew tired of it oh so quickly so this was quite the blink-and-you'll-miss-it moment! I sorely doubt it'll make any resurgence back into the Top 40 but there's no telling given it's bound to linger in the Top 75 thanks to my roommate blasting this all the time in our apartment lmao.

xx 34 03 [15] Svala – "Karma"
Another Icelandic entry to fall to make room for the two new entries is our 2017 ESC entrant Svala's new single. It started high up on the chart but was quick to fall completely out of the Top 40 because unfortunately the song just isn't that great. After having released two amazing singles in 2018 - "Find A Way" (No. 2 - February 2018) and "For The Night" (No. 1 - July 2018) - Svala followed up with this bop which just unfortunately hasn't light a fire for me yet. The song is slick and cool though and I definitely recommend you guys take a listen.

xx 37 05 [21] Zara Larsson – "Ruin My Life"
Zara has been a huge powerhouse in the history of my Top 40 since 2015, having topped the year-end chart for 2015 with her massive bop "Lush Life" (No. 1 - July 2015) and placed top ten with most of the follow-ups as well. Given that she's only been making waves on my chart for a little over 3 years now it's absolutely massive that she's had FOUR number ones already. However, that may be why her most recent debut is such a let down for me, as its' chart run shows "Ruin My Life" flopped out of the Top 40 after only five weeks. That's a tad less than "Lush Life" which was in the Top 40 for over 70 weeks (yes I know, excessive but w/e). However, there is still hope for Zara as the song is picking up steam on the radio here and might just sneak right back into the Top 40 sometime.

xx 40 09 [08] Ava Max – "Sweet But Psycho"
Yes I know this might be the most shocking dropout today. Ava Max is currently climbing up Top 40 charts on Spotify everywhere with her cheeky pop single "Sweet But Psycho" and while I definitely still like this song I've grown just a tad tired of it. For me it's rather her Guetta feature "Let It Be Me" (which samples dance classic "Tom's Diner") that is the superior Ava Max song so here's hoping the hype behind her name gives that song a bit of a boost up charts around the world too but I find that unlikely. "Sweet But Psycho" had a medium length run in my Top 40, peaking inside the Top 10 but making a relatively hasty descent down after that.

This post has been edited by cantthinkofaname: Nov 16 2018, 05:59 PM

+Quote Post
diva thin muffin
post Nov 18 2018, 10:43 AM
Post #9
BuzzJack Gold Member
   No Gallery Pics

Will be posting a midweeks update tomorrow but likely new entries for next week's chart are:

* Ariana Grande - "Thank U, Next"
* Huginn - "Veist Af Mér"
* Lauren Daigle - "You Say"
* Rudimental ft Tom Walker - "Walk Alone"
* The Chainsmokers - "Beach House"

Likely climbers are:

* Alan Walker ft Sophia Somajo - "Diamond Heart"
* Hayden James ft Running Touch - "Better Together"
* Friðrik Dór - "Segir Ekki Neitt"

+Quote Post
Lovesick Cody
post Nov 18 2018, 04:59 PM
Post #10
not shy, not me
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 21,308
   No Gallery Pics

Seeing this makes me want to see you back in BJSC *.* Gryffin heart.gif Sigrid heart.gif Kygo heart.gif

+Quote Post
dan-G
post Nov 18 2018, 05:14 PM
Post #11
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 11,746
   No Gallery Pics

hi! loving the detail in this chart!

really enjoying 'Happy Now' at the moment, may end up being my 2nd fave Kygo song behind 'Firestone' eventually. would be great for it to become a big chart hit especially as it's a lot better than other recent efforts of his.
'Diamond Heart' is my fave of your new entries, enjoying Alan's output a lot this year, this and 'Darkside' are brilliant.
my other faves in your top 10 are 'Remember', '1999', 'Baby' and 'Let You Love Me'.

great chart!

+Quote Post
diva thin muffin
post Nov 19 2018, 10:42 AM
Post #12
BuzzJack Gold Member
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Cody Manheim @ Nov 18 2018, 04:59 PM) *
Seeing this makes me want to see you back in BJSC *.* Gryffin heart.gif Sigrid heart.gif Kygo heart.gif

Awe thank you! It's very possible but I just get so frustrated when my songs do badly or are veto-ed laugh.gif laugh.gif

QUOTE(danVember @ Nov 18 2018, 05:14 PM) *
hi! loving the detail in this chart!

really enjoying 'Happy Now' at the moment, may end up being my 2nd fave Kygo song behind 'Firestone' eventually. would be great for it to become a big chart hit especially as it's a lot better than other recent efforts of his.
'Diamond Heart' is my fave of your new entries, enjoying Alan's output a lot this year, this and 'Darkside' are brilliant.
my other faves in your top 10 are 'Remember', '1999', 'Baby' and 'Let You Love Me'.

great chart!

Thank you for the compliments Dan!

Kygo is definitely one of my all-time fav artists. He's currently tied for fifth most number ones on my chart in the years 1998 to 2018. (I'm currently backdating some number ones which is why it's only back to 1998 but later it'll be all the way to 1980). Not sure if "Happy Now" will ever be able to reach 2nd fave for me as I love too many of his song but it's definitely up there. Sandro provides flawless vocals again (Happy Now is his second number one for me after the GORGEOUS "Without You" which just makes me sad now). Glad to see you enjoy the chart!

+Quote Post
Sven10
post Nov 19 2018, 07:08 PM
Post #13
BuzzJack Gold Member
Member No.: 22,108
   No Gallery Pics

Hi Ctoan,

Great Top 10 cheer.gif !!
All new upcoming hits in the Netherlands !

Cheers biggrin.gif !

+Quote Post
diva thin muffin
post Nov 20 2018, 10:50 AM
Post #14
BuzzJack Gold Member
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Sven10 @ Nov 19 2018, 07:08 PM) *
Hi Ctoan,

Great Top 10 cheer.gif !!
All new upcoming hits in the Netherlands !

Cheers biggrin.gif !

Thank you Sven! Happy to hear those songs are all popular in NL! Seems like that should be my go-to chart for new music then dance.gif

+Quote Post
diva thin muffin
post Nov 20 2018, 05:29 PM
Post #15
BuzzJack Gold Member
   No Gallery Pics

19 November, 2018

>> New number one alert! <<

Icelandic singer Huginn looks likely to claim his second number one while christian pop singer Lauren Daigle is also predicted to claim a debut smash in the Top 5. Other new entries include a fifth Top 40 hit in a year for The Chainsmokers, a second 2018 hit for both Rudimental and Tom Walker, and finally Ariana's worldwide smash is finally set to impact my chart three weeks after its' debut. Alan Walker and Hayden James are both looking set to climb into the Top 10 while Friðrik Dór inches closer to the Top 10.

(Yes I'm posting the chart a day late but whatever)

This post has been edited by cantthinkofaname: Nov 21 2018, 09:43 PM

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st October 2020 - 01:43 PM