BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Care, BBC 1, 9th December, starring Sheridan Smith
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Liam.k.
post Nov 28 2018, 12:32 PM
Post #1
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 12,472

BBC Media Centre:
Sheridan Smith, Alison Steadman and Sinead Keenan star in Care, a new 90-minute drama from Jimmy McGovern, co-written with Gillian Juckes whose real life experiences formed the inspiration for the story.

Sheridan Smith is Jenny, a mother of two raising her girls alone after the departure of her husband. Her one lifeline is Mary (Steadman), Jenny’s widowed mother, whose help with childcare allows Jenny to hold down her full-time job at the supermarket. When Mary suffers a devastating stroke and develops dementia, their world comes crashing down and everything changes for Mary, Jenny and her sister Claire (Sinead Keenan).

Finding herself torn between her own life and the wellbeing of her mother, Jenny soon discovers that another way could be possible - but she’ll have to fight for it.

Confirmed for BBC One on 9 December at 9pm to 10.30pm

Looks good! I remember watching The C Word which was also an hour and a half, Sheridan Smith-starring drama and that was very powerful, moving and character-led, so I'm expecting the same for this.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Botchia
post Nov 28 2018, 08:22 PM
Post #2
Lusts for Life
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 21,753
   No Gallery Pics

The C Word was fantastic, so I have high hopes for this as well!

+Quote Post
Klaus
post Nov 28 2018, 09:01 PM
Post #3
MP for Flydale North
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 17,160
   No Gallery Pics

Was about to post this after seeing the advert - glad Sheridan Smith is back on TV! She has another drama on ITV next year I think too!

Always have high hopes for anything involving her!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th November 2020 - 05:58 PM