BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Especially For You ● 30 Years
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Feel_The_Fever
post Nov 30 2018, 01:18 AM
Post #1
BuzzJack Idol
Group: Members
Member No.: 845
   No Gallery Pics

Hard to believe especially for you is 30 years old. I've such great memories of it and that time as both kylie and Jason were so huge,they were just everywhere. I got the single as a surprise Christmas present and was over the moon and the week it climbed to number 1 I was ecstatic as number 1s were a big big thing back then.I still love the song I have to say.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jay*
post Nov 30 2018, 04:10 AM
Post #2
"Jayrusaleminians" - Umi.
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 3,217

I was only 9 months old when this came out. I can't remember when I would have first heard it; I more than likely heard Denise van Outen & Johnny Vaughan's cover version first! laugh.gif

It's not a song I go back to loads, but on the occasions I do hear it I find it to be very sweet... it's one of the ultimate "put your hands in the air and sway" songs! I loved the Golden tour performance of it!

+Quote Post
SmileyKylie
post Nov 30 2018, 07:19 AM
Post #3
BuzzJack Gold Member
Member No.: 20,515
   No Gallery Pics

When they appeared on TOTP 😍

+Quote Post
Feel_The_Fever
post Nov 30 2018, 11:31 AM
Post #4
BuzzJack Idol
   No Gallery Pics

Tge Johnny and denise cover wasnt bad to be fair but I'd forgotten about that. It's a great sway the hands in the air song and I think it still sounds good today. I still love the Kermit the frog duet of it too from an audience with kylie.

+Quote Post
Liam.k.
post Nov 30 2018, 02:04 PM
Post #5
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 12,472

QUOTE(Jay ☆ @ Nov 30 2018, 04:10 AM) *
It's not a song I go back to loads, but on the occasions I do hear it I find it to be very sweet... it's one of the ultimate "put your hands in the air and sway" songs! I loved the Golden tour performance of it!

Same for me really. It's easy to underrate or even dismiss this song, but when you actually listen to it, you realise just why it's remained a Kylie classic. Sure, it's cheesy, but there's something very heartwarming about it too and it really unites people when it's performed live. Seeing it performed on the Golden Tour was a moment that will stay with me always: everyone swaying with their phone lights in the air and singing the chorus was really powerful.

+Quote Post
pippa
post Nov 30 2018, 03:46 PM
Post #6
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 14,031
   No Gallery Pics

It is very much a classic, and one of Kylie;s signature hits.
Kylie has continued to perform it over the years showing she also must have a lot of love for it too.
We also have to acknowledge its a million seller for her too which is a great achievement.

+Quote Post
___∆___
post Dec 1 2018, 12:22 PM
Post #7
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 3,155

I remember being bought this for Christmas on 7 inch vinyl blink.gif Such a great moment in Kylie history and when Kylie/Jason mania was at its peak.

+Quote Post
Feel_The_Fever
post Dec 1 2018, 03:29 PM
Post #8
BuzzJack Idol
   No Gallery Pics

In lucky/unlucky to be old enough to remember its release and it really was kylie and Jason mania back then as they were everywhere and everyone knew of them and the release was hugely anticipated.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th September 2020 - 11:03 PM