BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Stereophonics - Chaos From The Top Down
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
lewiscapaldi
post Feb 13 2019, 05:52 PM
Post #1
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Group: Genre Mod
Member No.: 19,585
   No Gallery Pics

New single out today, just premiered on Radio X. Nice to have them back smile.gif

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
GhoulOdyssey
post Feb 13 2019, 05:57 PM
Post #2
If you're too shy let me knooooooow
Member No.: 67,771
   No Gallery Pics

Where did this come from? biggrin.gif

Great to have them back. Very good day for indie releases with this, Catfish and Yungblud releasing! (and Y&Y too if you count them) tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Tangela
post Feb 13 2019, 06:00 PM
Post #3
Tangelic
Group: Members
Member No.: 23,643
   No Gallery Pics

Back already? ohmy.gif
Loved the lead from the last album - a number 1 in my chart nonetheless! Looking forward to hearing this.

+Quote Post
gavindeejay
post Feb 13 2019, 06:00 PM
Post #4
Why do today, what you can do tomorrow?
Group: Members
Member No.: 7,645
   No Gallery Pics

Can't believe I only just found out about this!

Here's the press release

Stereophonics bring a surprise release with their brand new song, ‘Chaos from the Top Down’ today. The official video for the single is also available now.

Of the song, Kelly says:

“Chaos from the Top Down’ is a song sung from the imagined perspective of a fifteen-year-old boy laying in the road after being shot. He’s reflecting in his time of dying about his life and the choices he made through the lack of options and opportunities he felt he had in today’s Britain. It also touches on the tags and labels that have been stuck on him. The stereotypes and clichés that were placed on him. It’s based on a true story that happened just outside my street. It’s happening everywhere. I’ve always written about what’s going on around me or within me since ‘Local Boy In The Photograph in 1996. It doesn’t fit into the style of the album I’m writing and the current political climate inspired me to release it now.”

The track was produced by Kelly Jones and George Drakoulias at The Distillery studios and mixed by Al Clay at Metropolis studios.

Discussing the track further Kelly says:

“I remember being that age - vividly. Making choices in a working-class mining town, some right some very wrong. I found inspiration in a boxing gym, mixing with older guys while listening and learning discipline. Now, I have kids becoming teens and walking them past a murder scene to get to school makes an impact. I don’t want this to be dark and all doom n' gloom, as music is meant to be a release, but at times also to inform or provoke us. I’m sure like I had, these kids who are victims of knife or gun or any attacks, had other hopes and dreams. The streets are changing in London just like they are changing in Wales and everywhere else. Police stations are being closed down all over the place, just like the youth centres being closed down from lack of funding it goes on and on. This band began in a youth club. People need ambition and something to inspire them. We all need a purpose to our days. Without it, the devil makes work for idle hands to do.”

Stereophonics have announced they will perform multiple live dates across the UK & Ireland this year, culminating with their sold out show to 35,000 fans at Singleton Park, Swansea on July 13th.

Confirmed dates are:

Sunday 26th May - This is Tomorrow Festival, Newcastle

Thursday 13th June - Forest Live, Westonbirt Arboretum

Sunday 23rd June - Forest Live, Thetford Forest

Saturday 6th July - Dublin Trinity Summer Series, Ireland

Thursday 11th July - Lytham Festival, Lytham Green

Saturday 13th July - Singleton Park, Swansea

This post has been edited by gavindeejay: Feb 13 2019, 06:02 PM

+Quote Post
GhoulOdyssey
post Feb 13 2019, 06:01 PM
Post #5
   No Gallery Pics

Getting massive Oasis vibes from this - Kelly sounding like LG tongue.gif

+Quote Post
GhoulOdyssey
post Feb 13 2019, 06:08 PM
Post #6
   No Gallery Pics

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bt1Ks8wgxE7/

Just read this with Kelly talking about the song - powerful stuff

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st October 2020 - 08:11 AM