BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
> 

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> How do you view ____
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
jakewild
post 21st February 2019, 05:46 PM
Post #1
Group icon
not 152chris (☻‿☻)
User: 2,790

got me thinking earlier how when i think of 2006 in the uk charts or just musically in general i always think of it as a real stellar year. maybe it was the hot summer we seemed to have that gave me more reason to have a soundtrack to. maybe it was all the new british artists i was discovering like lily allen, james morrison, paolo nutini, the kooks... but i always view each year as like a different era for music if that makes sense? like when i think of 2010 i just view it’s a really shit year in general. when i think of 2013 i think of how many huge hits there were compared to other years. when i think of 2011 i just remember a lot of dance songs dominating. do you have any years that remind you of different genres or feels? interested to know..
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
blacksquare
post 21st February 2019, 05:55 PM
Post #2
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 23,471

2006 and 2007. The Timbaland years.

It started well but became homogenous as these trends and sounds tend to.

+Quote this post
Chez Wombat
post 21st February 2019, 06:15 PM
Post #3
Group icon
The owls are not what they seem
Pronouns: He/him
User: 9,232

2010 was definitely the year of the non number 1, just looking at number 1s list, so many of them have just faded into obscurity or sound so dated, even the big selling ones! 2011-2012 was dominated by the kind of pop-dance/rap hybrid, helped by the ongoing presence of David Guetta and Calvin Harris. 2013-14, the charts had a slightly more 'indie' sound, albeit not proper indie just slightly more experimental sounds especially in the dance genre with the short lived deep house craze, mainly helped by lower sales I guess, and then 2015 onwards ofc. the streaming era, birth of tropical house and, well, I kinda stopped bothering gradually so can't really 'categorise' them per se.

I also hold 2006 in very high regard, and think it was generally very diverse, but it maybe cos I got into the charts for the first time then so was still in awe of the novelty of it.

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 25th April 2024, 08:34 PM