BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> WHAT NEXT?
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Which event would you prefer?
You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Total Votes: 10
Guests cannot vote 
PeteFromLeeds
post Mar 18 2019, 06:35 PM
Post #1
There's a nature adventure coming your way soon
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 23,247
   No Gallery Pics

Hi, since it's the Easter break I've got some spare time on my hands to host another event if one's wanted. I wanted to make sure that I was doing something that the forum was on board with so instead of just posting an event and saying 'this is happening' or 'do you want this' I've decided to create a thread to gage what sort of events people would actually be interested in. Please only vote for something if you think you'd actively discuss/contribute to it and not just because it sounds like a nice idea.

Here goes:

World Cup of Sportspeople

Don't think this idea has been done before - I was thinking of doing a contest with continental qualifying rounds and then an inter-continental 'tournament' similar to the format of the World Cup but with sportspeople. If this one was chosen obviously the details would be discussed a bit more.

Pointless/Family Fortunes

You know the score, obviously we've done a few of these before but they do seem to be popular.

Buzzjack Soccer Manager League

So I've got a Custom Game world spare on a site called SoccerManager, basically you are given a team and all the players in that team, but you can buy/sell players etc. The players all have ratings which increase/decrease based on the player's performance but the rating changes are very sporadic and a lot of player data is somewhat out of date/missing. I can see it potentially being a way of getting new users though.

Ultimate Athlete

Similar to the Ultimate Footballer we did last year but with athletes instead of footballers.

Sports Forum Song Competition

Could take the form of people nominating and ranking songs publicly a la Record of the Decade, or people choosing one song for themselves like the Genre Forum contests.

Other

Honestly all I'm doing here is throwing a load of stuff out there and seeing if anything sticks. If you think something else would work better then I'd be completely open to that.

Thanks biggrin.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
HeadlessJockey
post Mar 19 2019, 03:51 PM
Post #2
It's the return of the Mack.
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 12,915
   No Gallery Pics

All of these ideas sound absolutely great, Pete.

+Quote Post
PeteFromLeeds
post Mar 19 2019, 10:10 PM
Post #3
   No Gallery Pics

Bumping this up a bit!

+Quote Post
jakewild
post Mar 19 2019, 11:21 PM
Post #4
not 152chris (☻‿☻)
Group: Members
Member No.: 2,790
   No Gallery Pics

family fortunes and pointless are always fun!

+Quote Post
Severin
post Mar 20 2019, 12:06 AM
Post #5
Mansonette
Member No.: 9,872
   No Gallery Pics

I'd love an ultimate F1 driver vote/thread

+Quote Post
jakewild
post Mar 20 2019, 12:15 AM
Post #6
not 152chris (☻‿☻)
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Severin @ Mar 20 2019, 12:06 AM) *
I'd love an ultimate F1 driver vote/thread

or even current season rate!

+Quote Post
HeadlessJockey
post Mar 20 2019, 12:33 PM
Post #7
   No Gallery Pics

With a Sports Forum Song Competition, would that be songs that are used in intros to sport programmes like this:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLplx...YZYiRATKtn8IsuS

Or songs that feature sport in music videos e.g. Martin Solveig ft Dragonette- Hello, Alex Gaudino- Watch Out, David Guetta ft Sam Martin- Dangerous?

Or walk-on music?

+Quote Post
PeteFromLeeds
post Mar 20 2019, 03:53 PM
Post #8
   No Gallery Pics

That's something that would be discussed if that option was chosen. I was thinking more songs which have been written for sporting events or are unarguably about sport but I'm open to other ideas.

I can see an F1 driver rate/competition working as well, there's certainly the posters on here for it (provided all the F1 fans made an effort to contribute) but I'd also need to find a way of making it accessible to non-F1 fans as well.

(more vocal feedback would be appreciated!)

+Quote Post
HeadlessJockey
post Mar 20 2019, 04:37 PM
Post #9
   No Gallery Pics

I once did A Question Of Sport Picture Board event on here a few years ago although that went a bit wrong as I forgot to mention about people having a go at all the answers. Although the downside to that would be people would see who they are if they clicked on 'Quote'.

+Quote Post
HeadlessJockey
post Mar 21 2019, 05:14 PM
Post #10
   No Gallery Pics

Please keep voting to what you would like to see next take place on the Sports forum.

+Quote Post
PeteFromLeeds
post Mar 22 2019, 03:25 PM
Post #11
   No Gallery Pics

My slight worry with a Song Competition is that it's an attempt to appeal to the wider Buzzjack which (as I've seen with Family Fortunes which I messaged half of Buzzjack advertising) doesn't usually work, whilst I'm not sure how enthusiastic the Sports Forum regulars would be about doing it. If I get vocal confirmation in here that people would genuinely be up for this sort of competition I'll go with it, otherwise I'll leave the board open for other ideas (e.g. Ultimate F1, World Cup, Family Fortunes).

+Quote Post
Dobbo
post Mar 22 2019, 03:50 PM
Post #12
BuzzJack Legend
Member No.: 20,053
   No Gallery Pics

Sports FF was never gonna reel in the masses as most people on the board dislike or don't care for Sports in any capacity. A Song Contest taps into a common interest shared by ALL members so I think it would bring in additional interest.

The Ultimate Athlete would be my fave choice in the poll but I'd keen for that, the Song Contest or the World Cup one.

+Quote Post
HeadlessJockey
post Mar 22 2019, 04:11 PM
Post #13
   No Gallery Pics

I know that feeling all too well when promoting something in the Sports forum, the majority are unlikely to contribute to it.

+Quote Post
Pting Rollo
post Mar 22 2019, 04:16 PM
Post #14
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 23,961
   No Gallery Pics

I would take part in the song contest or any of the first three options.

+Quote Post
jakewild
post Mar 22 2019, 09:04 PM
Post #15
not 152chris (☻‿☻)
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(PeteFromLeeds @ Mar 20 2019, 03:53 PM) *
That's something that would be discussed if that option was chosen. I was thinking more songs which have been written for sporting events or are unarguably about sport but I'm open to other ideas.

I can see an F1 driver rate/competition working as well, there's certainly the posters on here for it (provided all the F1 fans made an effort to contribute) but I'd also need to find a way of making it accessible to non-F1 fans as well.

(more vocal feedback would be appreciated!)

understandable. i can see an f1 or football rate of some sort going down well but like you say it depends on who is willing to play. you could possibly add another thread for an f1 rate for example wether it be all time or current season and ask people who would actually participate. you'd get a good grasp of numbers i guess..or even just add it on here. i'd be well up for a current drivers rankings especially.. and especially because its the start of the season and we still don't really know how things are gonna go so it'd be kinda interesting to see another rate at the end of the season to see the differences y'know..

This post has been edited by jakewild: Mar 22 2019, 09:05 PM

+Quote Post
Crypt of the Wom...
post Mar 22 2019, 09:12 PM
Post #16
The owls are not what they seem
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 9,232
   No Gallery Pics

I'd certainly be interested in a song contest for Sports! I guess it could be known sports related songs or team anthems (vetoing the super well known ones obvs).

+Quote Post
PeteFromLeeds
post Mar 23 2019, 05:11 PM
Post #17
   No Gallery Pics

So are people leaning towards a Song Contest more than a competition? I can see that working, similar to the Genre Forum ones if that's what people are after!

(I'm probably going to create an Events Schedule thread on Monday to organise the other things mentioned in here so we don't forget them!)

+Quote Post
HeadlessJockey
post Mar 27 2019, 11:48 PM
Post #18
   No Gallery Pics

So an Song Contest it is, really looking forward to this.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th October 2020 - 01:04 AM