BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> ThePensmith's Top 20 Singles Chart, Week ending 29th March 2019
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
ThePensmith
post Mar 29 2019, 05:05 PM
Post #1
They've had the very Tunnocks, Mary
Group: Members
Member No.: 13,208
   No Gallery Pics

Hello people, the sun's out and spring has sprung, time for my personal top 20 to be...begun. Jonas Brothers climbed a place to grab their first ever number one single on my chart last week. Have they made it two weeks at the top, or will big new entries from Will Young, Lighthouse Family and The Vamps prove too strong a challenge for them? Here's where you'll find out first...

THEPENSMITH'S TOP 20 SINGLES CHART
Week ending 29th March 2019
© AM LIMITED 2019

1. (1) JONAS BROTHERS - Sucker
2. (2) MABEL - Don't Call Me Up
3. (4) P!NK - Walk Me Home
4. (HNE) WILL YOUNG - All The Songs
5. (NE) LIGHTHOUSE FAMILY - My Salvation
6. (NE) THE VAMPS FEAT. ALOK & FELIX JAEHN - All The Lies

7. (8) ALPHABEAT - Shadows
8. (6) GEORGE EZRA - Pretty Shining People
9. (3) UNA HEALY - Strangers
10. (7) NOW UNITED FEAT. BADSHAH - How We Do It

11. (5) BOB SINCLAR FEAT. ROBBIE WILLIAMS - Electrico Romantico
12. (9) RITA ORA - Only Want You
13. (11) RAK-SU - Into It
14. (10) MICHAEL BUBLÉ - Forever Now
15. (NE) GABRIELLE - Every Step
16. (12) EMMA BUNTON - Baby Please Don't Stop
17. (NE) EMELI SANDÉ - Sparrow
18. (14) ELLIE GOULDING - Flux
19. (13) JULIA MICHAELS FEAT. NIALL HORAN - What A Time
20. (16) BUSTED - Radio

Compiled from my own personal listening in the last seven days across streaming, digital and physical formats.

KEY

(1) - last week's position
(HNE) - highest new entry
(NE) - new entry
(RE) - re-entry

CHART COMMENTARY

A relatively unchanged top 3 means a comfortable second week at the top for Jonas Brothers, the single 'Sucker' now being the fourth record on my chart this year to last more than a week at number one. Mabel continues on at #2, whilst P!nk's former chart topper 'Walk Me Home' moves back up a place to this week's #3.

April 2015. That was the last time we were writing about a brand new single from Will Young. It comparatively underperformed to his past hits, however, as 'Love Revolution' didn't advance on its debut and peak of #11, and subsequent singles from the parent album '85% Proof' failed to make my chart at all. And when the original Pop Idol champ then announced his retirement from music more than a year ago, that appeared to be that.

However, working once again with Richard X (who steered him to the chart topping 'Echoes' album in 2011) for his seventh studio album 'Lexicon', due for release in June, appears to have - pardon the pun - lit his fire again, and the first single 'All The Songs' this week hurtles into my chart at #4 as the highest new entry, making it his biggest single since 'Jealousy' made #2 in August 2011. Word of warning: you may want to make sure you're not at work before you click 'play' on the video.

Tyneside soul pop outfit Lighthouse Family were notching up hits and millions of album sales long before I started compiling my personal chart in 1999. But the biggest they'd ever got on my chart was with what was their last single back in November 2001 - 'Free / One' reaching #14. Eighteen years later, they are readying the release of their first new material since then, with fourth studio album/best of package 'Blue Sky In Your Head' due out in May, meaning a quite sensational #5 debut for 'My Salvation' this week.

The Vamps are back inside my top 10 again this week, 'All The Lies' being a collaboration with obscure Brazilian dance DJs/producers Alok & Felix Jaehn. Their first single since 'Just My Type' made our top 10 back in November, it sounds even further removed from the band that first broke through with 'Can We Dance' six years ago. Their last single was also not around for very long chart wise, so I wouldn't hold your breath on this reversing that trend.

Gabrielle is readying the release of a deluxe edition of last year's 'Under My Skin' album, to include four new tracks. One of these, 'Every Step', thus becomes the album's fourth top 20 hit this week, entering at #15. Finally this week, Emeli Sandé notches up her first top 20 hit for three and a half years this week, with 'Sparrow' entering at #17. Only one single was lifted from her last album, 2016's 'Long Live The Angels', but 'Hurts' failed to progress beyond it's #27 peak in October 2016.

FLASHBACK TOP 10
Your chance to see how my personal top 10 was looking on this week in the last 20 years. This week in 1999: Mr Oizo crashes in at the top with that theme from the Levi's 'Flat Eric' ad, plus classic hits from Billie, New Radicals and B*Witched

1. (HNE) MR OIZO - Flat Beat

2. (1) B*WITCHED - Blame It On The Weatherman
3. (NE) BILLIE - Honey To The Bee
4. (2) BOYZONE - When The Going Gets Tough
5. (NE) NEW RADICALS - You Get What You Give
6. (3) BRITNEY SPEARS - Baby One More Time
7. (NE) TLC - No Scrubs
8. (4) VENGABOYS - We Like To Party! (The Vengabus)
9. (NE) DES'REE - You Gotta Be ('99 Mix)
10. (5) STEPS - Better Best Forgotten
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th February 2020 - 03:24 AM