BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Race Across the World, BBC Two | London to Singapore
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Klaus
post Apr 14 2019, 11:33 AM
Post #1
i thought i was flying but maybe im dying tonight
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 17,160
   No Gallery Pics

Five pairs embark on a race from London to Singapore. However, there is a catch, the pairs cannot take planes, must leave behind their smartphones and credit cards, and will not have access to the Internet. Provided only with the cash equivalent of their airfare from London to Singapore, they must find innovative ways to manage their budget and conduct their journey. If they run out of money, they must earn some more to continue the journey. The duos must also pass through five checkpoints along the way.

All episodes on BBC iPlayer now!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Klaus
post Apr 14 2019, 11:36 AM
Post #2
i thought i was flying but maybe im dying tonight
Member No.: 17,160
   No Gallery Pics

Has anyone managed to see this? Would really recommend, especially for any keen travellers! Such a great concept and it was SO good to get to see a lot more of the world through it, especially the Middle Eastern countries which don't really get the same limelight in the media as the European/Eastern Asian countries.

It was really special following all the pairs two, particularly Darren and Alex - who got the most out of everyone from the experience as it wasn't just about the race for them.

+Quote Post
AdamAloud
post Apr 14 2019, 11:40 AM
Post #3
I was born 7 million years ago in Sweden, Africa
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 11,955

I've been obsessed with this and I don't know what I'll watch first thing tomorrow morning, it really was an excellent series and I'd highly recommend!

As someone who has a phobia of open water, when they were stuck on the Caspian Sea for five days on that old Soviet era ship did make me slightly, yet violently sick.

+Quote Post
jakewild
post Apr 14 2019, 01:39 PM
Post #4
not 152chris (☻‿☻)
Group: Members
Member No.: 2,790
   No Gallery Pics

i caught part of ep 1 by accident and it looked pretty good so i'm defo gonna check the rest of this out from the above recc's

+Quote Post
Doctor Blind
post Apr 14 2019, 01:45 PM
Post #5
#38BBE0 otherwise known as 'sky blue'
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 7,561
   No Gallery Pics

I loved it, especially from Ep3 onwards when they travelled across Asia. Like you say it was lovely to see the somewhat estranged father and son begin to build their relationship back as they went on the journey, but I couldn't stand the two entrepreneurs, they said they were used to spending 8 hours working together every day but they treated each other horribly at times... they were pretty arrogant too. Oh and when one of the Yorkshire couple did their back in but later went on the lash that night in Krabi, that made me smile!

+Quote Post
Rooney
post Apr 14 2019, 06:12 PM
Post #6
WINTER IS COMING
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 88

Yes I loved this! Was great fun to watch, good mix of characters. Obviously the producers did some heavy editing to make it look like there was a race in the end (I'm sure the winners won by about 5 hours, so it wasn't close at all really, although it was edited to look neck and neck). Great seeing the locations and thinking 'I've been there' and 'I travelled that way too'.

+Quote Post
Botchia
post Apr 14 2019, 07:11 PM
Post #7
Lusts for Life
Member No.: 21,753
   No Gallery Pics

I haven't finished the series yet, but it's been VERY good and a genius bit of television!

+Quote Post
Botchia
post Oct 3 2019, 08:36 PM
Post #8
Lusts for Life
Member No.: 21,753
   No Gallery Pics

As well as a second and third series, the BBC have also commissioned a celebrity series to air on BBC One!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th February 2020 - 09:34 PM