BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Goodbye Paramore Forum
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
JosephAvery
post Jun 16 2019, 07:11 PM
Post #1
the doctor says i'm diagnosed with shit days and mistakes
Group: Chief Cow
Member No.: 13,530

Hi all,

The Paramore forum unfortunately is going to be no more as of tomorrow. It was a worthwhile experiment but with no new music on the horizon and already several dry spells of posts, it's not a viable AF any longer. Thanks to Lindsey of course, because this wouldn't even have been given a go without her enthusiasm!

All threads will be moved to Indie, so don't worry about losing stuff!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
coi
post Jun 16 2019, 07:15 PM
Post #2
BuzzJack Gold Member
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 73,240
   No Gallery Pics

Well that didn't last long.

+Quote Post
linds
post Jun 16 2019, 07:27 PM
Post #3
laugh 'til we cry
Group: Genre Mod
Member No.: 21,176

could i not have been asked if i wanted to make this topic no? or even told that it would be as soon as tomorrow that I'd be losing it? a bit inconsiderate guys.

+Quote Post
JosephAvery
post Jun 16 2019, 07:36 PM
Post #4

To be fair, there wasn't much I could do without a response to my message! kink.gif

+Quote Post
TheJüpreme
post Jun 16 2019, 07:39 PM
Post #5
they're girls - and cousins too!!
Group: Members
Member No.: 22,895
   No Gallery Pics

There goes representation of genre :') yay for diversity eh

+Quote Post
linds
post Jun 16 2019, 07:47 PM
Post #6
laugh 'til we cry

QUOTE(JosephAvery @ Jun 16 2019, 08:36 PM) *
To be fair, there wasn't much I could do without a response to my message! kink.gif

i was at work, idk what reply you'd expect really as its not like I've got a say in this plus its not as though there's a rule saying you cant send a follow up letting me know when it was happening and asking if i wanted to post anything in the forum first, you coulda just stuck to the announcements forum with this and let me do my own thing in here.

+Quote Post
Rhoda Camel
post Jun 16 2019, 07:51 PM
Post #7
little drummer bitch
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 9,403

yah i think that's what the issue is as opposed to you announcing it joseph which had to be done - the last time artist forums were cut it was in the announcements forum as opposed to the forum directly unless i'm totally wrong about that (i can't remember)

the saturdays also got to close their own forum (i'm aware that this was probably to do with the fact that lee was in the inner circle but the fact it begins with 'it's only fitting i get to post this' probably indicates that a similar thing would be wanted in this forum).

+Quote Post
Medellíam
post Jun 16 2019, 07:53 PM
Post #8
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 12,472

A shame to see the forum go as I feel like activity this past week or so has been going up, maybe no by lots but any improvement is good and would have been nice to see if that progress could be sustainable.

Thanks Lindsey for doing your best with the forum and I hope you continue the Brand New Eyes survivor in the indie forum.

+Quote Post
JosephAvery
post Jun 16 2019, 07:55 PM
Post #9

QUOTE(linds @ Jun 16 2019, 08:47 PM) *
i was at work, idk what reply you'd expect really as its not like I've got a say in this plus its not as though there's a rule saying you cant send a follow up letting me know when it was happening and asking if i wanted to post anything in the forum first, you coulda just stuck to the announcements forum with this and let me do my own thing in here.

Of course I understand it's not always convenient to reply, though you're always welcome to ask me, as I would've hoped you'd know - we're not actually doing anything out of the ordinary by making this thread.

We've treated this forum the same as The Sats which is also being axed. This thread was actually an attempt at being courteous because the problem we realised when axing the previous set of forums was the memberbase not being informed - see the Leona fans being disappointed when their forum had vanished. I'm sorry it's not happened the way you wanted and we'll bear it in mind for the future, but equally I hope you understand this way of thinking?

Last time it was indeed in the announcements forum, but that caused a bad reaction from Leona fans so this was supposed to be the softer blow with a period of notice.

+Quote Post
Rhoda Camel
post Jun 16 2019, 08:00 PM
Post #10
little drummer bitch
Member No.: 9,403

what was the issue with the leona forum? i'm not sure what they would've taken issue with considering they would've had the opportunity to post themselves off the back of it and to wrap up their affairs? unless they didn't, which i would take issue with too if i were them.

i appreciate u guys trying to do a middle ground thing which obviously didn't work in this case

+Quote Post
Cqmerqn
post Jun 16 2019, 08:00 PM
Post #11
Better love, better love, all that we're after
Member No.: 23,155

Why isn’t this in Announcements tho?

+Quote Post
JosephAvery
post Jun 16 2019, 08:03 PM
Post #12

QUOTE(Cqmerqn @ Jun 16 2019, 09:00 PM) *
Why isn’t this in Announcements tho?

Because we're notifying the users of the Paramore forum directly.

+Quote Post
linds
post Jun 16 2019, 08:07 PM
Post #13
laugh 'til we cry

i would have informed the memberbase here though thats my point, its a small thing but it matters hugely to me because this is my passion project of sorts and i just feel like its being taken away before its even been given a real chance (ie before the next album cycle) and my thoughts on the matter just dont seem to have been considered at all its v much the way of the inner circle or no way at all and i either like it or lump it.

+Quote Post
5 Silas Frøkner
post Jun 16 2019, 11:16 PM
Post #14
Queen of Soon
Member No.: 3,474

QUOTE(Cucumberella @ Jun 16 2019, 09:00 PM) *
what was the issue with the leona forum? i'm not sure what they would've taken issue with considering they would've had the opportunity to post themselves off the back of it and to wrap up their affairs? unless they didn't, which i would take issue with too if i were them.

i appreciate u guys trying to do a middle ground thing which obviously didn't work in this case

They, and MKS, were somewhat unceremoniously axed without warning. Even the Darius forum had time to collate resources and important threads together. The first batch of axing’s just got deleted without warning. A lot of good history and resources got lost along the way

+Quote Post
Dexton
post Jun 17 2019, 02:53 AM
Post #15
rip in peace Dickston
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 25,045
   No Gallery Pics

Midway through a knock out ouch, could this not have at least waiting until after that finished? A shame to see this be closed down so abruptly so soon sad.gif I know Paramore was always going to struggle to take off compared to most other AFs but I don’t even think it’s been given much of a chance tbh

Also agree re:lindsey not being the one to inform members seems a bit off, especially with 1 days notice

+Quote Post
linds
post Jun 17 2019, 10:13 AM
Post #16
laugh 'til we cry

I'll finish the knock out in the indie forum at least

+Quote Post
linds
post Jun 17 2019, 10:32 AM
Post #17
laugh 'til we cry

anyway I'm working late today so incase i dont get the chance i just want to say thank you to the people that did participate in things here and i hope i can still continue some of my ideas with you over in the genre forum.

+Quote Post
Dexton
post Jun 17 2019, 11:27 AM
Post #18
rip in peace Dickston
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 25,045
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(linds @ Jun 17 2019, 06:32 PM) *
anyway I'm working late today so incase i dont get the chance i just want to say thank you to the people that did participate in things here and i hope i can still continue some of my ideas with you over in the genre forum.

heart.gif

Sorry I wasn't around to post as much as I would have liked to / said I would when the forum was being made, I've only just started being more active on here again outside of my personal chart. Until recently I was more active in here than I was in the artist forum I'm a mod of so oops. I would've loved for this to continue though as I'm sure we'd increase in numbers over time but I guess we'll never know

Everything you did for this forum was well done and much appreciated lindsey so don't take it to heart heart.gif Maybe when Paramore returns next year (hopefully) and they hit #1 worldwide with both single and album Buzzjack will give the genre bending band another shot x

Paramore are gonna dominate the indie forum let's prove the inner circle wrong kink.gif

+Quote Post
Jonjo
post Jun 17 2019, 02:49 PM
Post #19
(-_•)
Member No.: 5,042

QUOTE(5 Silas Frøkner @ Jun 17 2019, 12:16 AM) *
They, and MKS, were somewhat unceremoniously axed without warning. Even the Darius forum had time to collate resources and important threads together. The first batch of axing’s just got deleted without warning. A lot of good history and resources got lost along the way
Literally everything is in either pop or the chart forum. You just need to look for it. So no, it's not lost.

+Quote Post
gavindeejay
post Jun 17 2019, 11:37 PM
Post #20
Why do today, what you can do tomorrow?
Group: Members
Member No.: 7,645
   No Gallery Pics

I know I’m late to the party (as always) but shame to see the Paramore forum go so soon. Hope interest will pick up once they put out new stuff and it’ll be resurrected.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st August 2019 - 05:50 PM