BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Mulan | 2020, Live action
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Tafty
post Jul 7 2019, 04:30 PM
Post #1
I found the love, I found the love in me
Group: Genre Mod
Member No.: 5,042

This looks amaze. Apparently none of the songs are gonna be in it, but that's ok. sad.gif

Doesn't look as Disney as people would think!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cameron
post Jul 7 2019, 05:35 PM
Post #2
THE BLAZE *.*
Member No.: 18,061

Perfect so far!

+Quote Post
Alex!
post Jul 7 2019, 06:04 PM
Post #3
BuzzJack Gold Member
Group: Members
Member No.: 10,983
   No Gallery Pics

This looks really good! I'm a bit disappointed about the omission of the songs but it still looks great nonetheless!

+Quote Post
sjadeupdate
post Aug 22 2019, 08:25 AM
Post #4
Samantha Jade Update
Member No.: 85,830
   No Gallery Pics

One of my favorite animated movie of all time. But so much backlash lately.

+Quote Post
spiceboy
post Sep 16 2019, 11:44 AM
Post #5
BuzzJack Gold Member
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 39,568
   No Gallery Pics

I adore the animated one! I am slightly disappointed there isn't the songs and Mushu etc however I'll give it a go for what it is.

+Quote Post
WhoOdyssey
post Aug 4 2020, 09:15 PM
Post #6
Dimitri Vegas & Like Mike
Member No.: 67,771

Coming to Disney+ on Sept 4th!

I'm very excited but I feel really bad for the team that this won't be releasing theatrically, especially one which looks quite epic

EDIT: Oh it's a rental thing, I wasn't expecting that - just confirmed for the USA currently

+Quote Post
Klaus
post Aug 4 2020, 09:36 PM
Post #7
MP for Flydale North
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 17,160
   No Gallery Pics

$30?!?!!

I was about to express sympathies as itís a film that looks like it needs the cinema experience but, after seeing theyíre charging $30 on top of the Disney+ subscription fee, I canít imagine itís going to attract many people.

I know itís a tough call but I hope thatís not a sign of the next few months for film releases.

+Quote Post
WhoOdyssey
post Aug 4 2020, 09:53 PM
Post #8

It'll be on pirating sites within hours, I really think they should've held this one back.

+Quote Post
kye
post Aug 5 2020, 12:25 AM
Post #9
ē aesthetic party ē
Member No.: 2,169

itís the most ridiculous thing because if it was a reasonable price (say $9.99) theyíd get people who could justify that for a new release movie they can watch at home.

if theyíd perhaps half the cost of the movie to disney+ subscribers, that may entice some but $30 would leave a rather sour taste considering youíre already paying for the disney+ subscription. itís going to lead to piracy, which is a shame.

+Quote Post
Rooney
post Aug 5 2020, 07:39 PM
Post #10
WINTER IS COMING
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 88

It's a strange decision but I guess they must have done their costing and analysts to see this as a profit turner. I think people will pay the money - its primarily aimed at families and if you were to go to the cinema on a Friday night, it would cost $35-45. It's not the same experience, but I think families would be willing to pay it in the short term. Kind of puts the knife in cinemas re-opening in the US in 2020 for the big states which is where the gains are made..

+Quote Post
JackTheeStallion
post Aug 6 2020, 04:21 PM
Post #11
BuzzJack Legend
Member No.: 223

I can genuinely see this becoming the beginning of the end of cinema sad.gif I really REALLY hope not

+Quote Post
Chez Wombat
post Aug 6 2020, 06:06 PM
Post #12
The owls are not what they seem
Member No.: 9,232
   No Gallery Pics

I don't think I'd go that far, although I can't see (m)any massive releases making it this year. There's just no alternative at the moment, but my sister works in the industry and has said there are many films that are still in production, Christopher Nolan is pretty adamant to release his new film in cinemas for one and probably won't be persuaded otherwise. Streaming will ofc. benefit hugely from this, but they'll always be an audience for those that prefer to go to the cinema, it doesn't make anywhere near as much money for the creators putting a film on streaming for one.

That price is absurd, and just to RENT?! I won't be bothering, and I imagine it'll be leaked onto a pirate site soon anyway. Not the best year for Disney oop.

+Quote Post
Rooney
post Aug 6 2020, 08:00 PM
Post #13
WINTER IS COMING
Member No.: 88

QUOTE(Chez Wombat @ Aug 6 2020, 07:06 PM) *
I don't think I'd go that far, although I can't see (m)any massive releases making it this year. There's just no alternative at the moment, but my sister works in the industry and has said there are many films that are still in production, Christopher Nolan is pretty adamant to release his new film in cinemas for one and probably won't be persuaded otherwise. Streaming will ofc. benefit hugely from this, but they'll always be an audience for those that prefer to go to the cinema, it doesn't make anywhere near as much money for the creators putting a film on streaming for one.

That price is absurd, and just to RENT?! I won't be bothering, and I imagine it'll be leaked onto a pirate site soon anyway. Not the best year for Disney oop.

It will leak, but I don't think it will harm profits too much. Technically all streaming shows are leaked and it doesn't seem to harm any profits. If you want to watch it in the full experience it will had to get it in 4K. It's a real shame for cinemas as they don't have any movies to attract people back there yet and certainly in September I feel there needs to be a big release to keep them ticking over..

+Quote Post
Tafty
post Aug 6 2020, 08:05 PM
Post #14

It's not to rent I don't think, is it? I think they get it to keep. But that's still an absurd price!

+Quote Post
Nightcrawler
post Aug 8 2020, 09:35 PM
Post #15
All I need is the air I breathe and a place to rest my head.
Member No.: 1,109

I agree that it is very expensive (though do we know how much it's going to be in the UK yet?) but I think you have to weigh up the cost of a cinema visit these days. My friend and I go together quite regularly and between the cinema itself, drinks, snacks and going for dinner (because that has to be done to complete the experience of course!), it definitely works out at more than £30 for the pair of us.

I'll wait to see the exact UK cost, but I probably will end up paying for it...

+Quote Post
Klaus
post Aug 25 2020, 10:50 AM
Post #16
MP for Flydale North
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 17,160
   No Gallery Pics

Announced for a UK release on Disney+ as well, costing £20.

There doesnít seem to be news of it coming to cinemas here which is a huge shame. As I said, itís a film that looks destined for the cinema so it would feel wrong if it doesnít get that chance. Iím sure all studios will be focused as to how Tenet performs

+Quote Post
Juranamo
post Aug 25 2020, 07:25 PM
Post #17
"Everything seems different the second time around."
Member No.: 5,830
   No Gallery Pics

I actually feel like Disney have well and truly screwed cinemas over with this.

What would be the harm in a billion dollar company putting it out to cinemas for a bit (bearing in mind they were also advertising it, via trailers, pre-lockdown) to give them a bit of a helping hand? Or at least giving the option of what experience customers would like?

+Quote Post
dandy*
post Aug 26 2020, 07:09 AM
Post #18
Mansonette
Member No.: 54
   No Gallery Pics

£20 is ridiculous, especially when you already pay a subscription fee.

Especially since I assume you have to continue to subscribe in order to keep it seeing as Disney+ doesn’t have a hard drive.

+Quote Post
WhoOdyssey
post Aug 29 2020, 08:08 PM
Post #19

Coming to Disney+ for all subscribers on December 4th!

(Which is a lot sooner than I thought it would be)

+Quote Post
Tafty
post Aug 29 2020, 09:02 PM
Post #20

Is that officially announced or is it some kind of "leak"?

I don't get why they'd announce that and potentially throw buyers off? laugh.gif I'll just wait until December... but I'd definitely go and see it at the cinema! sad.gif

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th January 2021 - 10:35 PM