BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Artist News

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Radar: Which album does it fit best on?, What era do you class it from?
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
What album does it fit best on?
You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Total Votes: 26
Guests cannot vote 
Jordan Lee
post Jul 7 2019, 09:00 PM
Post #1
Jordan Lee
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 27,116
   No Gallery Pics

Radar was on Blackout but released as a single from Circus.

I canít think of many major pop artists whoíve had tracks appear on more than one album! I think Rihanna may done it on A Girl Like Me with the singles from her previous album but that wasnít a big UK success and she was still a new artist at the time unlike Britney who was globally known.

For me I feel like itís just a Blackout track through and through. Maybe itís because Blackout come first and I already knew the track well before Circus but itís just not a Circus track for me.

It shouldíve been released from Blackout tbh.

Crazy decision to put it on circus as the exact same song too!

This post has been edited by Jordan Lee: Jul 7 2019, 11:14 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
MedellŪam
post Jul 7 2019, 10:29 PM
Post #2
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 12,472

I'd say Circus but that's because I heard that album before Blackout. I also remember the video being released which was obviously during the Circus era.

I also tend to skip 'Radar' when I listen to Blackout because the singles being the first three tracks works perfectly for me.

+Quote Post
Jonjo
post Jul 7 2019, 11:14 PM
Post #3
(-_ē)
Group: Genre Mod
Member No.: 5,042

Blackout for me. In the context of that album I LOVE it. It shoulda been single 3 at the time (followed by BTI/Toy Soldier), but they ruined any kind of momentum by releasing it as a single during Circus. Fine, contract issues/obligations including it as a bonus track was a fair compromise but to give it a release over what could've been her first ballad release since Everytime (assuming Out From Under or Unusual You got the chance) and getting the public back on board some more after the whole If U Seek Amy debacle could've been a smart move and probs woulda shifted some more albums. The public were kinda back in her grasp with Circus era.

+Quote Post
Jay ☆
post Jul 8 2019, 12:30 AM
Post #4
"Jayrusaleminians" - Umi.
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 3,217

100% Blackout in terms of how comfortably it fits. Such an odd quirk in her discography that it was included on two albums & released as the final single from the latter album.

+Quote Post
Rush
post Jul 8 2019, 02:57 AM
Post #5
wayback machine gif rescuer
Group: Members
Member No.: 18,564
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Rush @ Jul 3 2019, 01:27 PM) *
any of the 'Blackout' singles, 'Radar' included
My impact kink.gif

Here in Australia, it was a radio single in August/September 2008, just before 'Womanizer'. It did well on a listener-voted nightly radio countdown I listened to, and had a decent lower 50 run on the official chart: 78-86-59-83-70-59-73-85-88-91 (then in 2009 got a higher peak but didn't last as long: 46-62-56-77-94). So I've always thought of it as a 'Blackout' single, and it fits much better there anyway. I appreciate the re-release though for the novelty and meme-ability of it (clearly it was robbed from being the fourth 'Femme Fatale' single).

+Quote Post
Nick F1
post Jul 8 2019, 07:42 AM
Post #6
BuzzJack Legend
Member No.: 5,392

I always skips Radar on Circus

+Quote Post
Tawdry Hepburn
post Jul 8 2019, 09:12 AM
Post #7
I'll find your lips in the street lights
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 51

It's definitely a Blackout track for me, and should have by rights been the third single from that album.

Was it put on Circus because it was contractually agreed with the producers that it'd be a single from Blackout, but then wasn't?

+Quote Post
blacksquare
post Jul 8 2019, 12:00 PM
Post #8
BuzzJack Enthusiast
Member No.: 23,471
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Tawdry Hepburn @ Jul 8 2019, 10:12 AM) *
It's definitely a Blackout track for me, and should have by rights been the third single from that album.

Was it put on Circus because it was contractually agreed with the producers that it'd be a single from Blackout, but then wasn't?

I don't think anything has been confirmed officially, however, it was supposed to be a single from Blackout. Like Rush said, it was even a radio single in some places before Womanizer.

It's likely contractual ó Bloodshy and Avant probably gave her the song with the promise of it being a single. I remember reading that Blackout was going to be re-released (so Radar being included wouldn't have been weird) but they had enough songs and public momentum that Circus happened.

+Quote Post
HarryEzra
post Jul 8 2019, 02:27 PM
Post #9
Took a DNA test, turns out I'm a 100% that bitch!
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 20,835

I loved radar as a album track on blackout and honestly would have fitted as a single more on blackout whereas the sort of feel of circus didn't fit Radar.

+Quote Post
Spiceboy
post Jul 9 2019, 08:51 AM
Post #10
BuzzJack Enthusiast
Member No.: 39,568
   No Gallery Pics

I donít think it fits circus at all. Not that I ever listen to circus anymore but I used to skip radar on there while itís still a highlight on blackout

+Quote Post
Euphorique
post Jul 9 2019, 06:07 PM
Post #11
BuzzJack Legend
Member No.: 421

Sounds totally like a Blackout song

Funny how its one of my favs on Blackout but I skip it on Circus because it just sounds disjointed. I listen to Circus way more often though

This post has been edited by Euphorique: Jul 9 2019, 06:07 PM

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd August 2019 - 08:15 PM