BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark, Produced by Guillermo del Toro ● 23/08/19
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Jαsє
post Aug 15 2019, 10:46 PM
Post #1
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 14,043
   No Gallery Pics

The shadow of the Bellows family has loomed large in the small town of Mill Valley for generations. It's in a mansion that young Sarah Bellows turns her tortured life and horrible secrets into a series of scary stories. These terrifying tales soon have a way of becoming all too real for a group of unsuspecting teens who stumble upon Sarah's spooky home.

It's based on the children's book of the same name by Alvin Schwartz.

Currently 81% on Rotten Tomatoes.

Seeing it next Saturday! Anything horror related with Guillermo involved is guaranteed to be amaze wub.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
BridgeCow
post Aug 16 2019, 09:10 PM
Post #2
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Group: Members
Member No.: 23,860
   No Gallery Pics

omg I need to go watch this! so glad it's being well received, it's just increased my hype levels even more

+Quote Post
Jack
post Aug 16 2019, 10:38 PM
Post #3
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Genre Mod
Member No.: 223

I thought the trailer looked dumb, but I'll give it a go!

+Quote Post
Wicked Wombat of...
post Aug 28 2019, 05:09 PM
Post #4
The owls are not what they seem
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 9,232
   No Gallery Pics

Saw this today and it was enjoyable albeit certainly not a masterpiece. The design of the monsters was great and the stories were all suitably creepy, I liked that there was an attempt to combine the context with the horrors, but it definitely could've been fleshed out a lot more, a few too many jump scares as well, horror films that rely on that are becoming a bit inessential to me.

Probably one for just genre fans, but I do love a bit of Del Toro so was satisfied!

+Quote Post
Jαsє
post Aug 28 2019, 06:15 PM
Post #5
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 14,043
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Chez Wombat @ Aug 28 2019, 06:09 PM) *
Saw this today and it was enjoyable albeit certainly not a masterpiece. The design of the monsters was great and the stories were all suitably creepy, I liked that there was an attempt to combine the context with the horrors, but it definitely could've been fleshed out a lot more, a few too many jump scares as well, horror films that rely on that are becoming a bit inessential to me.

Probably one for just genre fans, but I do love a bit of Del Toro so was satisfied!

Yup, agreed with everything.

The scariest part of the film was definitely The Pale Lady. Genuinely unsettling tbh

+Quote Post
f
post Aug 29 2019, 09:04 AM
Post #6
ya ya ya i am lorde
Member No.: 4,397

I watched it twice. Pretty good but nothing spectacular. The Pale Lady was definitely the creepiest of them all. An utterly terrifying character and idea.

+Quote Post
No Sleeep
post Aug 30 2019, 10:14 PM
Post #7
BuzzJack Enthusiast
Member No.: 22,008
   No Gallery Pics

I saw it today and didn’t know at all what to expect, it was meh. The 15 rating is definitely unnecessary. Kept wanting it to end lol. I don’t think the main character really looked like she fit in 1968

+Quote Post
Calum
post Sep 4 2019, 08:21 PM
Post #8
i love it when you call me señorita
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 18,316

Saw this last night, and as somebody who's generally not a fan of horrors, this was pretty fantastic!! wub.gif Was hooked from start to finish!

I don't get the comments about the Pale Lady being terrifying though? Me and my friend literally laughed out loud when we saw her. That whole scene was more funny than scary. kink.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th October 2019 - 03:03 AM